Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
If you bother to read the text of the page that I linked earlier in this thread, it defines which batteries are considered improper.

I cant tell if youre being deliberately obtuse just to argue or if youre just not reading.
Over the counter batteries of IMR chemistry are proper batteries.

Sure some may perform better than others but will not void your ProVape Provari Warranty.

I think I have been very clear now.

Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Over the counter batteries of IMR chemistry are proper batteries.

Sure some may perform better than others but will not void your ProVape Provari Warranty.

I think I have been very clear now.

Jim

Link? Or are you just justifying your use of the wrong batteries while spreading misinformation on the forums?

What happened to be safe, vape safe, vape Provari?

Last edited:

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Link? Or are you just justifying your use of the wrong batteries while spreading misinformation on the forums?

What happened to be safe, vape safe, vape Provari?
Aren't you still looking up proper batteries?

You made the claim, now prove it.

Or don't spread misinformation in the threads.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
I'm confuzzled. It says at Provape that the Efests are compatable with the P3.
http://www.provape.com/E-Fest-18650-Battery-p/efest18650.htm

If thats the case I am in error.

They do not show up in the options when buying one.....not sure if thats an oversight on their part or intentional. I will contact them tomorrow for a definitive answer on the Efests.

**that still doesnt invalidate my advice about only using recommended batteries

Reactions: r77r7r

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Aren't you still looking up proper batteries?

You made the claim, now prove it.

Or don't spread misinformation in the threads.

Piss off. Its obvious the only reason you are here is to argue.Go find someone else to annoy because I assure you I am not the one.

Ive been a member of these forums since 2009 and a Provari user since 2010. Ive participated in and read more threads on this forum and the topic of Provari in general than all but a handful of people here so I damned well know what Im talking about.

Use of any battery in a Provari outside those recommended by Provape can be potentially dangerous and invalidates the warranty.

Last edited:

TFL!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Chatfield, MN, USA

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
Samsung 25R is the recommended battery for the P3. I'm assume that's why it's the only one in the drop down menu. If the use of the AW IMR 18650 voided the warranty, I seriously doubt ProVari Customer Service would have told me it was ok to use them. I have never specifically asked about the Efest's, but I seriously doubt ProVape would sell them if it voided the warranty. Think about it...

Anyway, I bet if you emailed ProVape Customer Service and asked, something tells me someone would reply.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I use Sony VTC4 batteries in my P3 ... I don't think Provape sells them.

However, I don't see them affecting the warranty.

Sent via iPhone
Fine, none of Willy's 318 Provi will be covered by warranty.

Reported to the Provi Warranty Police!!!

LOLz, Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WillyZee

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Check your kayfun thoroughly. Something as simple as a slightly loose screw can cause resistance changes when fired even if it reads correctly. The heat changes tolerances and can increase a very tiny gap giving a higher resistance reading under load. Also if the voltage of the battery drops too far under load you will get the same type of error because the batt can't supply the power. You really have to be careful with efest batts. I've found some of the 30+ rated batts to only be 4-6 amp continuous. They routinely stamp with the max pulse rating and not the "c" rating. Reason enough to avoid them.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
AW button top IMR batteries were the only batteries recommended by Provape for the Provari 1.0 - 2.5 versions. Using other IMR button tops would not void the warranty with Provape, but using magnets with flat top batteries would. This is considered an unsafe battery practice.

Theoretically, any button top/flat top IMR high drain battery will work in a P3 Provari. However, not all IMR batteries are created equal.

Purple Efest batteries in particular over-rate their specifications, so may not perform as well as batteries made by AW, LG, Samsung, or Sony. Allegedly, Efest does not make their own batteries, but re-wraps the cells of other manufacturers and rebrands them Efest. They are notorious for over-stating the specs of these batteries. Their poor performance has been tied to using second and third bin batteries.

Purple Efest Batteries: Not As Advertised.

There is a reason why Provape recommends AW IMR batteries. Jennifer, a Provape representative, answered this question in some detail here: Question for the Tech Engineers at Provape

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
AW button top IMR batteries were the only batteries recommended by Provape for the Provari 1.0 - 2.5 versions. Using other IMR button tops would not void the warranty with Provape, but using magnets with flat top batteries would. This is considered an unsafe battery practice.

Theoretically, any button top/flat top IMR high drain battery will work in a P3 Provari. However, not all IMR batteries are created equal. Purple Efest batteries in particular over-rate their specifications, so may not perform as well as batteries made by AW, LG, Samsung, or Sony.

Purple Efest Batteries: Not As Advertised.

There is a reason why Provape recommends AW IMR batteries. Jennifer, a Provape representative, answered this question in quite detail here: Question for the Tech Engineers at Provape
Zapped coulda used this post yesterday...

And Jennifer's response is old, but bears out some wisdom on the battery usage question.

Good Post!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread