Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto

no, sorry I missed the funeral ... but I did notice the Kayfun v4 rise from the ashes :blink:

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I hear ya, Jethead. I think I've become immune to this kind of trolling over the years and that now lets me enjoy the silliness when I feel like reading it.

The nice thing in this thread is there has been so much sensible response that ProVape ends up looking pretty good. They don't make anything that would be good for me, but it's nice to see them getting positive publicity around here :thumb:

In a recent thread like this, I was lumped in with and labeled a Provari basher..... Even though I repeatedly pointed out their good aspects, and repeatedly mentioned I would love a P3 if they made only a couple of changes (one of which has been made..... Just waiting on the other :p). Not going to save up for as long as it would take me (a looooong time :p) for a device that doesn't suit my needs perfectly.
I still wish they would make a p3 that does more wattage.... How about a provari 40 watt with temp. control? I could get with that :p

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Where i work there are 9 vapers. 4 of them use box mods, one uses a Provari (me) and 4 use little eGo batts with ce4 type clearos.
The box mod users are all using isticks, 3 use 30 watt and 1 uses a 50 watt. All of them have toppers that will accommodate a whooping 8-10watts (iclear 30's et al).
Where i drink there are 12 vapers (known to me). 1 uses a mech, 1 uses a Provari (again me) and the rest use eGo type devices with ce4 type clearos.
When i walk down the street and actively look out for vapers i see eGo type batts.....
That is my reality.
How can anyone say that the Provari is obsolete when for most of the vapers i see or know it is the most dependable device available for the type of vaping they do.

Forum world v Real world.

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
But that stupid menu and limited to a button top battery! All else aside, they really could have played their cards better. Should have teamed up with Mark Bugs!

The "stupid menu" allows a lot of customization as to how the Provari operates. I rate that as a huge plus.

The "limited to a button top battery" is no longer true with the P3. The P3 allows you to use flat top and button top batteries.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
...and limited to a button top battery!
HAHAHAHAHHA!!! Now there's a valid argument for why it's not a great device!

Heres another one: ...if only the screen had sharp corners instead of rounded corners!

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Wow, over a year after I joined here (and quit smoking) and the boring discussions about the Provari still goes on...

Yup, same old Provari hate threads ... you came at a rare time as they're not as common.

You want something less boring ... check out the iStick stuff ... they're on fire over there ;)

Sent via iPhone

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
So,there are no companies that you know of "out there that are as reliable as Provari with similar or better mods, which are durable as well, and reasonably priced"???

Let's see. Smokeless image for one. I have maybe 5 volts (1(2) a freebie). I had one issue where the screw cap wasn't vented allowing for a draw. They sent me another one, fee. I drilled a small hole in the cap and good to go. I have never had an issue with them in three years. Granted I do not use every day.

15 dollar nemy clone (brass and SS) Dang I forgot to dig my brass one up. No issue. Going strong almost 2 years. I have magnet instead of a spring in it. Those things can take a beating.

MVP2. Had a year and half.. no issues... battery seems to not hold a charge as much, but I think it is more perception than reality.

3 spinners.. 15 bucks each. No issues still going strong 2+ years.

Smok 50. only had a month.. no issues.

I vape at 8.5 watts at the highest on a generally 1.8 to 2.3 self wrapped coil which looks like a 5 year old wrapped.

15 (average) bucks for the volts. 30 for the MVP. 15 for each nemy clone. 40 for the smoke 50.

Oh I did have a SVD. It worked okay but I kept slicing my skin on the ridges. I tried some DIY on it. Finally a sledge hammer doomed it. It was user error though. I would not say it was a good device. I wasn't happy with it. Think I paid 32 for it.

I don't baby them but I also don't go out looking to trash them. I have dropped them on concrete, my brick patio and grass.

Anyway.. There are some that have been reliable to me. Don't get me wrong though. I am not trashing a Provari. I do believe there other viable alternatives at a much cheaper price.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
These threads are worthless as arguing with a dead man. Nobody is going to change their mind.

If this were my forum I'd have shut this down hours ago.

It's like watching a dog chase its tail.

It's like watching Congress operate.

Because the rest of the threads are much more enlightening?

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Let's see. Smokeless image for one. I have maybe 5 volts (1(2) a freebie). I had one issue where the screw cap wasn't vented allowing for a draw. They sent me another one, fee. I drilled a small hole in the cap and good to go. I have never had an issue with them in three years. Granted I do not use every day.

15 dollar nemy clone (brass and SS) Dang I forgot to dig my brass one up. No issue. Going strong almost 2 years. I have magnet instead of a spring in it. Those things can take a beating.

MVP2. Had a year and half.. no issues... battery seems to not hold a charge as much, but I think it is more perception than reality.

3 spinners.. 15 bucks each. No issues still going strong 2+ years.

Smok 50. only had a month.. no issues.

I vape at 8.5 watts at the highest on a generally 1.8 to 2.3 self wrapped coil which looks like a 5 year old wrapped.

15 (average) bucks for the volts. 30 for the MVP. 15 for each nemy clone. 40 for the smoke 50.

Oh I did have a SVD. It worked okay but I kept slicing my skin on the ridges. I tried some DIY on it. Finally a sledge hammer doomed it. It was user error though. I would not say it was a good device. I wasn't happy with it. Think I paid 32 for it.

I don't baby them but I also don't go out looking to trash them. I have dropped them on concrete, my brick patio and grass.

Anyway.. There are some that have been reliable to me. Don't get me wrong though. I am not trashing a Provari. I do believe there other viable alternatives at a much cheaper price.
Hey, great try! Yep, you got me....every one of those is at least as good as a provari ! Most are probably even better! I can't believe I didn't think of those....:shock:

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
These threads are worthless as arguing with a dead man. Nobody is going to change their mind.

If this were my forum I'd have shut this down hours ago.

It's like watching a dog chase its tail.

It's like watching Congress operate.
For me it is rather an interesting thread.
You learn about people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread