The rare legitimate question for provari owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slappy3139

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
New Iberia, LA, USA
Sad. The Provari is OK if you want to pass it on to your grandkids for Antiques Roadshow. Otherwise, I'll pass. My guess is Provape will be out of business within five years. Sorry.

Yeah, I think we all know how you feel. But thanks anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Sad. The Provari is OK if you want to pass it on to your grandkids for Antiques Roadshow. Otherwise, I'll pass. My guess is Provape will be out of business within five years. Sorry.
Sad. My guess is twofold. I will guess that your Zmax will not work and/or be manufactured in five years, and you will own a ProVari within five years.

Last edited:

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
Hence my tone to answering your question.

edited the post down to better 'splain what I meant and why/how I was personally influenced. Forums can seem to me at times like a big playground where all the kids hang out and show off their toys. And kids always swarm around when there is a scrap, it's a curious part of our human nature.:vapor::2cool::)

OK, that makes more sense. I was a bit too nebulous on who might need to be poked with a stick.

I assure you it is not provari owners I had in mind here. They already have been poked/prodded so much that they respond aggressively to almost any hint to a mention of their device, like someone that has been habitually abused (which they kind of have).

I figured I'd repost the entire original post so that I can write some more "inane and irrelevant" text about it.

So let's break it down shall we?

Your first paragraph states that you are not going to ask ProVari owners to justify their purchase, but that the purpose of the thread is to see if someone else needs to be poked with a stick.

In your second paragraph you ask owners to ask themselves how many owners were influenced by "pro provari" threads. You are a little more eloquent in your descriptions of those threads, but that's basically the gist. You are wondering how many people were influenced by Pro-ProVari threads.

Your third and fourth paragraphs are genius, you eloquently explain to ProVari owners that they are NOT witting shills, that ProVape does not manipulate ECF members. You further explain that you are not saying that ProVari owners have been "hoodwinked" or are hoodwinking others. I have never seen such a remarkable display of double-entendre since Marc Antony's "Honorable Men" speech in Julius Caesar.

In the fifth paragraph you again equate forum activity here to raising brand awareness for the ProVari

And again in the sixth paragraph, you wonder if our purchases were a result of trolls yanking our chain, or merchants tugging at our wallets.

Is that an accurate summary?

If that is true, then this is what I understand from your post.

1. You are implying that the popularity of the product is primarily due to the Pro-ProVari posts that appear on ECF and similar forums (ECF being singled out for being the "largest" e-cig forum)
2. That ProVari owners are ProVari owners as a direct result of trolls yanking our chains, or merchants tugging at our wallets.

This indicates that you do not hold the intelligence or integrity of any ProVari owner in particular regard, After all, as you did NOT say, we are either unwitting shills, manipulative ecf members in a slick ad campaign, have been hoodwinked and may or may not be hoodwinking others.

So while you may find my words to be inane and irrelevant, at least I am not being demeaning and disingenuous.

If you want an answer on why ProVari owners have made the choices they have made, you have enough here to fill a book.

But if you simply want us to consider the that we are low intelligence purchasers that are easily manipulated by others and that we are wittingly or unwittingly manipulating others, then I'm sorry, please look elsewhere.

Your problem is that you are reading far too much into it. I only bothered to state what it isn't, to set parameters (in an effort to stave off irrelevant and side tracking bickering. I apparently failed grandly in that endeavor, as I underestimated the level of psychological abuse and resultant impact those threads have provided).

The only thing I think provari owners may have been hoodwinked into is into making positive statements with regularity. I don't trod into suggesting that buying one is an act of being hoodwinked; if the provari is a quality device, being manipulated into buying one is not necessarily a bad thing anyway. Being manipulated in itself is not necessarily a bad thing either, as long as the result is beneficial to the one being manipulated.

I never did insult the intelligence of provari owners. Sometimes extremely brilliant people are not that socially savvy and can be manipulated with ease, though. Being savvy and being intelligent are two extremely different things.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
The only thing I think provari owners may have been hoodwinked into is into making positive statements with regularity.

Apparently you've never read any of the "What would you like to see in a version 3?" threads.. People want some different things to be updated, but there are also definitely some commonalities, as well.. This obviously shows there could be some improvements that existing owners want to see

This is not a perfect PV.. There's no such thing

But it is pretty awesome for what it is, which is why you hear a lot of good things posted about it...

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
I think most people who are spending that kind of money, really its not that much tho, actually research more than this forum before buying. I researched deeply before buying mine. I actually owned everything else before buying a ProVari. I didn't buy it because of thread posts. I bought it from researching for months.

But it's just like anything else... People tend to give free advertising for products they own if they enjoy them. Its that way with every other product out there too.

I agree with you, I just got my Provari on Saturday and did a lot of thinking before buying is they are not cheap. I did lot's of reading before purchasing it. I have never owned something like the provari as I have always purchased the automatic straight up batteries no bells or whistles. This company doesn't blackmail you into anything either, I purchased a kit (Another brand)back in November 2013 where it was suppose to have a lifetime warranty, well they have now changed the wording on that warranty that if you don't make any purchases from them every 90 days then you have no warranty anymore. I don't have the original paper work and had this copied in my computer as I couldn't print it out, the printer went poof and not long after that my Hardrive poofed so I have no proof of what was in the original warranty, to me this is bad business. I would never recommend this company to anyone. This is not right for them to do. So far the Provari is great I love it.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
OK, that makes more sense. I was a bit too nebulous on who might need to be poked with a stick.

I assure you it is not provari owners I had in mind here. They already have been poked/prodded so much that they respond aggressively to almost any hint to a mention of their device, like someone that has been habitually abused (which they kind of have).

Your problem is that you are reading far too much into it. I only bothered to state what it isn't, to set parameters (in an effort to stave off irrelevant and side tracking bickering. I apparently failed grandly in that endeavor, as I underestimated the level of psychological abuse and resultant impact those threads have provided).

The only thing I think provari owners may have been hoodwinked into is into making positive statements with regularity. I don't trod into suggesting that buying one is an act of being hoodwinked; if the provari is a quality device, being manipulated into buying one is not necessarily a bad thing anyway. Being manipulated in itself is not necessarily a bad thing either, as long as the result is beneficial to the one being manipulated.

I never did insult the intelligence of provari owners. Sometimes extremely brilliant people are not that socially savvy and can be manipulated with ease, though. Being savvy and being intelligent are two extremely different things.

You see, this is what bothers me...

You state that you had honorable intentions, and you are so close to owning the fact that you bumbled the OP (presuming your stated purpose is truthful, and that your myriad of negative statements weren't passive-aggressive baiting). Then, you resort to blaming P.opus for "reading too much into it", or the psychological damage (they must be crazy if they don't get it, right?) of the other posters, and some other evasive misdirection.

It is unreasonable for you to expect others to read that OP and understand what the hell you were saying. I have read it several times, and it doesn't make sense. The OP has no central point to direct discussion in any meaningful way.

The OP was a complete mess, and you wrote it. That, sir, is not anyone's fault but yours.

I found it pretty simple. It used much rhetoric and was fluffed but the post was pretty clear. "blah blah blah, how many people bought their provari after seeing all the overwhelmingly positive comments in a thread originally started as anti-provari, blah blah blah."

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I acquired my first one solely to give it a try, well over 2 years ago via a trade deal & some cash. I traded a mod I really didn't like, though other's adored. I fully expected I'd be selling it in a couple of weeks after a test drive and re-coop my investment.

I did not have a "unicorn vape", instant love attraction or any of that nonsense, but I did take to this mod and it's consistent vape delivery. It did not "choose me". It's good reputation contributed to me keeping it and buying another. I use them a lot. (The availability of skins made it much more appealing, too. :) )

Of course chatter helps sell Provaris. Some of it has helped and some of it has hurt sales. IMHO the fans can sometimes be as destructive as the naysayers. Word of mouth is a valuable tool.

Last edited:

LReyes66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
United States
I sold my provari mini w/ a lokilab ring and extension cap this morning and now having seller remorse. I didnt think it would sell so fast yet i justified selling it as I dont really use it often as my kayfun coils are under 1ohm.... but now I miss having it in my arsenal if i ever wanted to use it :(

kungfujesus

Mar 18, 2014
la la land
I bought it because I was too lazy to build my own mod up to these specs.

It also looks pretty amazing and has the best resale of any mod out there.

My third reason was I buy AMERICAN whenever I can since that's where I live and I understand the value of shopping within my community and supporting AMERICAN jobs.

When I tried to upgrade from my MPV, the only option out there was to build my own or to buy a provari. Every other mod I bought to "upgrade" my MPV gave me bad vaping taste experiences, including my evic.

To those who can not afford a provari, I ask you... How many mods do you have with zero resale value and how much did they cumulatively cost you to accomplish the exact same thing or worse results than your MPV?

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
The only thing I got from the OP was a lot of misdirection. "I said this but I really meant this"..... and "your responses shouldn't be about what I said but what I meant to say."

I'm sure I'm going to be pointed out as wrong, I didn't read it correctly, or simply just making stuff up.

The bottom line for whatever reason I bought a ProVari I did it with the intelligence of someone spending their own money.

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
...has the best resale of any mod out there...
There a plenty of mods that increase in value. The Billet Box being a good example.

The ProVari holds it's value remarkably well compared to other widely available mods, but the high value, collectible, limited run mods usually sell used for more than retail.

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
It is unreasonable for you to expect others to read that OP and understand what the hell you were saying. I have read it several times, and it doesn't make sense. The OP has no central point to direct discussion in any meaningful way.

The OP was a complete mess, and you wrote it. That, sir, is not anyone's fault but yours.

I did make a single error, in naively/arrogantly thinking that I could foresee all of the ways it could be misconstrued... To the end of staving that off, I tried to make it clear those things I was emphatically NOT trying to do here.

I'm not saying that anyone that doesn't get what I am saying must be crazy, at all. But, there have been some responses by some provari owners (not all) in here that were definitely less than rational/logical. There have been some that seemed to be merely "chanting the gospel" in a sort of "Stepford" manner. There have been some that were downright hostile, in the manner one would expect a wounded animal to behave in. Certainly not everyone that didn't "get it" behaved in that manner (which you extrapolated to be "crazy", your word, not mine).

Here, let me break down what I was trying to do with the OP... And how I would rewrite it.

"I want to know whether threads that criticized the provari impacted your choice to buy one, possibly due to legions of provari owners saying it is the best thing since sliced bread. I am not seeking further declaratory statements regarding its relative value (positive or negative), as I find them irrelevant to what I am asking, and have about as much pertinance to discussion of marketing for the provari as Geese (Canadian, or otherwise)."

I would completely leave out reference to provari owners being manipulated into making positive declaratory statements; I recognize that it requires absolutely no manipulation to do that, one must merely mention the word "provari", and they will arrive to do it quite willingly (whether it is relevant to the topic of discussion, or not).

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
I saw, I liked, I bought.......I then found this forum. So no the threads that are bashing provari's had no influence over my buying choice! I do however get a very big kick out of how worked up non-provari owners get when we provari owners talk about how wonderful our mod are and how the vape is smoother. If they don't like the provari then fine but why does it get under there skin so much that we love our provari so much? The only thing that I can think of is jealousy plain and simple if it's not then they would not care one bit how we talk up the provari to those who ask about the provari!

Cool that you chose to buy one outside of external influence. But, to be fair provari owners seem to be the ones "getting worked up" the vast majority of the time.

I came up with the idea for this thread while in a moment of relative boredom, having reflected that not all provari owners are all that bad and that by and large don't seem to deserve the abuse they seem to get.

So, if they haven't earned all that wrath... What could be another angle for yanking on provari owner's chains? Marketing could be a plausible reason. Every time a thread mentioning the provari surfaces, an army of satisfied provari owners march forth to expound upon their virtues.

If one were to be selling Provaris, that would be quite the boon; I've read several of those threads, and without fail there are always a few posters in them that say they just ordered a provari.

Do I genuinely think provape or any specific reseller is doing this intentionally? I certainly hope not, but I thought it would be interesting to see if such a thing would be a productive marketing ploy. I lack sufficient justification to point a finger, but wouldn't rule it out. People do some strange and occasionally messed up things to turn a buck.

TheJakeBailey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Austin,TX, USA
My apologies for how long this post is, but some irl got in the way... Well that and I had to sift though about 20 pages of posts that included geese?!?!?!

I stated pretty much from the beginning that my interest is not about the provari itself, but rather why there is such controversy over a battery tube. As long as people are satisfied that bought it, awesome. I'm more intrigued as to why some many people feel the need to poke provari owners with a stick.

I simply had a moment of curiousity, and thought it worthwhile to ask why people provoke provari owners with such regularity, as it seems to be pretty systematic.

I believe that provari owners are being singled out and provoked. I'm trying to figure out why. Many of the answers I recieved in this thread so far go waaaaay beyond what I asked, which baffles me a bit. I don't need/want/expect justification as to why people buy provaris.

I just want to know how much the bevvy of declaratory positive statements from provari owners in the threads that question the relative value of the device impacted their choice to purchase one.

If only a sigh could adequately be expressed online. I never in this thread, not once, even remotely implied that the provari is not a quality device. That is not what this thread is about. It is about doing a bit of research to see how the treads that do ask you to justify the purchase impact people (and as a result, their purchasing habits). I thought there just might be a practical purpose behind it, since they seem to happen like clockwork.

Then again, it just might be to make people with a chip on their shoulder twitch... Who knows.

Is there any other device that the owners of get poked/prodded/ridiculed with in such an aggressive way, and with such regularity? My sincere apology, if you take it as a desire to provoke anyone.

No need to justify anything to me, I simply asked a question about whether or not threads such as the ones I was describing (and that probably anyone that has been here over a week has seen several times) had any impact on their purchase of the device. Nothing more, nothing less.

Please, do not attempt to say that I said things that I did not or attempt to twist what I did say into something it was not.

I stated multiple times that the relative quality of the device itself is completely irrelevant to this thread. I'm only asking about whether or not threads that provoke provari owners influenced others to become provari owners.

Ignoring what is right before your eyes, in this very thread mind you, is beyond simple naivete and trods into the realm of intellectual dishonesty and/or willful ignorance.

Look at what has happened here.

I stated in very plain English, from the inception of this thread, that this thread has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the provari is a quality device.

Look at how many declarations I have recieved already about just how awesome it is.

I don't care if it slices, dices, hovers in front of its respective owner and automatically depresses the power button for you by proxy via psychic link (you gotta admit that would be pretty cool)... I don't care if it will automatically sense the chemical properties of your ejuice, and adjust your wattage to make your vape the precise temperature that you like (you gotta admit, that would be pretty cool, too)...

I wasn't even trying to get anyone to say it rocks, and look how many provari owners came forth to say it is the most inceredible thing in the world to them since the very idea of vaping was presented to them.

Now, do you really think it would be all that hard to get that same group that is oh so sensitive to any form of criticism to not only defend their purchase, but to go to the extreme of saying it is the best thing that ever happened to vaping, with willful intent?

Indeed.

I'm not a member of the Provariat, it didn't seem apropos. Besides, those sub forums (such as the one this thread was moved to) don't get much traffic. How often do you bother to dive into the sub forums, unless you are looking for a specific piece of information?

I left this one intact. Primarily because it is such an impressive body of inane and irrelevant text. It is an amazing example of a strawman argument, though. Either that, or you completelty and utterly misunderstood my opening post in such an epically catastrophic manner... That I can not do justice to its magnitude, and must simply bring it forth again so others can observe it.

Let's be clear on something. I did not imply that you submitted to peer pressure, that is your own inferrence so either man or woman up for it (whichever is apropos, and take responsibility for your own thoughts).

The only way that I rather clearly indicated that I distinctly believe is a possibility for provari owners to be manipulated by, is by the chip on many of their shoulders that could only maybe be eclipsed by some of the larger redwoods available in California's forests (slight hyperbole there, not by much though).

I don't care if it is the most awesome regulated battery holder in the universe. I only am interested in whether or not provari owners were influenced by the threads that critique them, and more specifically all of the provari owners that come out in unison to proclaim its profound greatness (as previously stated, whether it is valid or invalid is irrelevant to this thread).

You complain about the behavior of those that critique the device itself in ignorance, and then critique another who says that you are a victim of their behavior. Unless you find it pleasant, then you would be getting exactly what you wanted (and as a result not a victim).

That is because you are just one of many that failed to either read or comprehend my opening post in this thread. The only factor I inquired about, was the impact of negative threads about the device.

So, just out of curiousity... Did you just not read it, or did you just not understand it? The only reason I am intrigued about the impact of the negative threads, and their impact on purchasing habits... Is that I am curious to see if they could potentially be a motivator to poke provari owners with a stick.

Considering the propensity some have to project intent into others around here, you can't be too careful. Apparently I was not sufficiently foresightful, anyway.

I defy you to find a single instance in this thread where I critiqued the provari itself. Should you find such a thing, please link back to the post (and quote it). Until such time, your entire post is a complete fabrication made of whole cloth and bears not even a striking resemblance to the truth. Go ahead, happy hunting. See if you can make me eat crow.

Well, at least one person that admitted that there was some influence from negative threads about the provari. But, please don't blame me for everyone (including you) that decided to come in here to defend their purchases in detail. I didn't ask for it, didn't want it, and actually find it detracts/distracts from the primary intended focus of the thread.

Fair enough, I could have used clearer punctuation... But, the following does clearly make a request for quantification of people that had their purchasing habits impacted by a specific source of stimuli.

I want you to ask yourself something... How many of you bought your provari about the same time as one of those "why did you trade your firstborn child for a provari" threads. How many bought one after a few provari owners essentially either told someone "buy a provari, you'll eventually do it anyway", "it's no more 'just a battery tube', than a Porsche is just a car" or something else along those lines.​

No, that is completely incorrect and was addressed earlier in this rather verbose post. Thanks for trying, though. :)

I wouldn't have come back to this thread, except you quoted me, so...

I'm even more confused than I was before. Are YOU sure what the thread was about when you started it, or have you changed your mind based on the reactions it has received? I didn't see ANYTHING in the original post that was ANYTHING like trying to figure out why Provari owners are "getting poked with a stick."

First off, I'm not going to ask you to justify your purchase (like most/all provari threads seem to). If you are happy with your pv, I'm happy for you. I'm not here to poke you with a stick, but I will admit that part of the purpose of this thread is to see if someone else actually needs to be poked with a stick.

I want you to ask yourself something... How many of you bought your provari about the same time as one of those "why did you trade your firstborn child for a provari" threads. How many bought one after a few provari owners essentially either told someone "buy a provari, you'll eventually do it anyway", "it's no more 'just a battery tube', than a Porsche is just a car" or something else along those lines.

I'm not speculating that any of the provari owners around here are witting shills, or stating that provape is manipuating ecf members in a slick distributed ad campaign that conditions you to be their deployed marketing team (but, if they are... it's devious enough that Palpatine would be jealous). I'm not even going to point a finger at a reseller... I just want you to consider how many people actually buy provaris as a direct result of those threads, as I note at least one or two posters saying they just ordered within those threads that I have read (ostensibly as a direct result of multitudes of fervently loyal provari owners coming out of the woodwork, to provide passionate testimonials).

I'm not saying you've been hoodwinked, or that you have been consciously hoodwinking others... I'm not saying that the provari is a bad purchase, either. I'm not debating the relative value of the provari, as that goes outside of the scope of this thread.

But, with this being the largest ecig forum... In conjunction with the startling regularity of those threads... It has to be doing wonders for their branding awareness, and as a result sales.

I'm more interested in exploring if it is merely trolls yanking your chain, or merchants tugging at your (and other's) collective wallets.

Here it is. Feel free to point out where that was mentioned. I really don't even care, to be completely honest. But since you took the time to explain to a whole bunch of people how we clearly misread, misunderstood, or misinterpreted...

If you're gonna own it...Own it.

cbrite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Wow...then I better save enough money to buy 3 or 4 between now and then. Not for grandchildren because I don't have any, but I figure I will live for another 15 or so years, at least, especially since I no longer smoke. Or, maybe my granddog could learn to vape so I could pass my antique Provari on to him. Hmmmm.

kungfujesus

Mar 18, 2014
la la land
So much hate :(

Ya'll need to up your nic levels...

Then once you calm down go build your own mod and try to charge enough to turn a buck on it. The provari is successful and isn't a gimmick or hoax like 99% of the mods out there just built to take money from peoples pockets.

Good luck figuring out you get what you pay for, 1% of the time in this hobby.

MVP, DNA20/30, Provari /end

edit: As for the context of my personal choice to readers... I don't eat food flavoring, at all, I don't eat processed food, at all, I don't eat anything that isn't whole food period. I can taste plastic tanks, I can taste butyl rubber orings, I can taste polyfill, I can taste impurities, I can taste a difference between the MVP and EVIC, I can taste a difference with the Provari. I bought it to enhance my experience because I had nothing else that didn't detract from my vaping experience once I tried the MVP, that was locally available (I support my local community).

I only bought the EVIC because I wanted to try tasting the high's and lows in the flavors at different wattage curves. Well the EVIC didn't deliver a solid enough signal to accomplish a consistent curve. It gets ultra unstable when you start doing curves. I still have high hopes someone will come out with a mod that can deliver consistent computer programmed curves like the EVIC but with the stability of a Provari.

Plus this is hot
http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx250/tchilds3404/20140324_2243471_zps24dd8a17.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread