Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Folks folks!!! So in my desperate attempt to revive my provari, I used a tweezer and gave my extension cap springs a really hard pull, and now it kinda works intermittently. Seems like my previous attempts just didn't stretch it out enough.

Now that I've isolated the problem as a spring issue, I am gonna pull it with a tad more force. I was searching on google, and it seems like some people ended up plucking the whole spring outta the extension cap and end up having to send it back to pro vape to reattach. To the veterans here, any tip on how to stretch out the spring with more force but also safely? Gonna be in the Dominican Republic for a week, and the last thing I want is to be stranded without my trusty sidekick

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Yes, those springs are not easy to get in. Especially on the Kirf extensions. They don't come with a spring installed and they also don't have a groove to accept the base of the spring like the ProVape caps do.

I've encountered spring collapse in which the battery intermittently doesn't make good contact. Stretching the spring is the easiest solution. If possible, hold the bottom coil in the cap with with a flet screwdriver or cold punch, and pull on the top of the spring with pliers.

Also, anytime you are placing an order with ProVape, toss in a spare spring or two. I have quite a few laying around now if I ever cross the point of no return with repairing a spring.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Grand Innovations GI2. Waiting for mine...

Of course you WOULD be getting one hahahahahahah.

Now that I remember it, it was ironic how last week I said I was really envious of the sheer number of gears you have, and your place would be the perfect gold mine if I were a burglar.

Fast forward one week, Mr Irony slaps me in the face :D

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Inotfat, you need to sit down slowly and vape nice and easily. Breathe in and breathe out. Let the negative energy escape. Watch it float away from you. Open yourself to the wave of sweet positive air filling your lungs. Wonderful things are just around the corner. Let them come to you.

There. That should do it.

Aaack! My spring just shot outta the end cap and flew across the room. Managed to shove it back in and now the provari is working fine. Can't be happier right now. Thanks everyone for thenhelp

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Inotfat, you need to sit down slowly and vape nice and easily. Breathe in and breathe out. Let the negative energy escape. Watch it float away from you. Open yourself to the wave of sweet positive air filling your lungs. Wonderful things are just around the corner. Let them come to you.

That made me smile. Apologies if I've been sounding like a whiney spoilt brat these few days. I'll be back to my usual gluttony self soon I promise!

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD

This sounds like my yoga instructor. I like it :)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
...So i got a vamo clone...

And what would that be?
onion-head-smiley-00077.gif

On my VW devices, I leave them on VW. I don't use that many toppers and I know what watts I like them at no matter how it's calculated.

ETA: Aaron, you know far more about fashion than I do. I'm going to have to Google "Carhartts."

Last edited:

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
No, no, no. That was not my intention. When I have times like you are having, I have to make myself slow down and relax. That is all I was trying to do for you. Plus, too many Oprah shows in my past.

That made me smile. Apologies if I've been sounding like a whiney spoilt brat these few days. I'll be back to my usual gluttony self soon I promise!

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
And what would that be?

On my VW devices, I leave them on VW. I don't use that many toppers and I know what watts I like them at no matter how it's calculated.

ETA: Aaron, you know far more about fashion than I do. I'm going to have to Google "Carhartts."

Did you just say you were using VW??

Roaring thunderously via Tapatalk...

Aaron Kestler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
ND, US
And what would that be?

I have no idea I searched for vamo and bought a cheap pos thing for like 35-40 bucks.

Carhartts aren't really fashion. Carhartts are very rugged work/hunting/fishing attire. They also sell other outerwear like they're trying to branch into that but that's not really what they're know for.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Did you just say you were using VW??

Bobo is VV/VW. It's just easier to leave it on one setting rather than go through the menu that I don't look at anyway. I also use Vemo sometimes to keep him from writing bad poetry.

I have no idea I searched for vamo and bought a cheap pos thing for like 35-40 bucks.

I was joking. A Vamo is a Vamo. They do come is different versions and even different configurations within versions, but you can't clone something that doesn't have an original. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread