The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

ProVarinati Deaddog Saloon

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by Preloader, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Southern Tina

Southern Tina Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    Oh this is what I go through with my mother. I've begged her to get a Provari and there is just no convincing her. She has a winder thing :facepalm: I've just given up trying. Haha

2. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013

I concur Bad. When I first got my one and only VV/VW I played around with both for a while, and sub ohm builds for it (and all my mechs), but it wasn't long until it became VV exclusively.

"The Provari still offers the basic features for the majority of vapers, and uses those features extremely well. Customers buy Provari's not because it has an abundance of features or eye candy, but because of a well-earned reputation for dependability, consistancy, reliability, accuracy, durability, and customer service for life."

And that pretty much says it all.... why the ProVari's put my VV/VW into retirement (and almost all the other gear I already had as well).

I have transgressed a little for the first time though since buying my family of ProVari's and the never ending accessories for them... [​IMG] A MicroStick and a bunch of goodies for it are winging their way to me. [​IMG]

3. EddardinWinter

EddardinWinter The Philosopher Who Rides Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2012
    Richmond, Va
    -Functional damage from drops under 6 feet
    -threads getting stripped
    -a button not working
    -checking the accuracy of the output

All things that as ProVari owners, we truly never have to worry about again.

4. TheKiwi

TheKiwi Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Morning fellas. Hope all is well with y'all. Excited as hell right now because I'm gonna drive to the next city to check out a b&m for the first time ever. I've always wondered how one looks like and what goes on it em heh heh.

Also shoutout to the lion: my Duke destroyed UNC last night. Whuddup.

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

5. Pappy

Pappy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2012
    Dallas, Tx
    Well said.

I've never had a VW device, so maybe I just don't know what I'm missing. But I simply check the resistance and set the voltage to 2.0 more than the resistance. E.g., on a 1.9 ohm resistance, I set the Provari to 3.9. And then adjust the voltage to taste from there. Simple, easy and it works for me.

I've dropped my Provari a few times. I've ruined some tanks doing that, but my Provari still works perfectly and looks almost brand new and it's about 18 months old.

6. Aaron Kestler

Aaron Kestler Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2013
    ND, US
    I agree. I got my provari and it was a tank. Took everything a maintenance career field could throw at it. It's the only chipped mod that has been able to withstand a maintenance career in Minot ND winter. The other ones had screen freezing and I was concerned they would break when exposed to -50 or colder. Provari got a little dimmer on the display around -65ish but didn't quit.

I DID have my provari quit on me at one point (didn't drop it and it wasn't cold yet) took one day worth of troubleshooting with a representative and then they gave me shipping labels. It took me longer to print out the labels (don't have a personal printer except at work) than it did for them to fix it and ship it back.

During that time I got an itaste134. It was okay but it wasn't for me. Battery rattle and whatnot. So i got a vamo clone just needed something cheep to get me by. It let me know quickly why people are vehemently against clones. Felt like it was going to fall apart when I was putting the battery cap on threads were gritty and metal was subpar.

Once I realized that you get what you pay for I decided I wanted to try some other things in the provari price range.

So i got the point touch. Absolutely gorgeous, completely customizable, Amazing firing system but no vv and I kinda like that (but don't need it). The big thing is that even though it's quality metal it's very thin and there's the gold plating. I don't take it out of the house much except for special occasions...it's like an Armani dress shirt. Very sharp and has it's place but not for maintenance.

Then I got the bod mecha. Not as sharp looking as the point touch but it's close. Not as solid to feel as provari but close. It looks gorgeous and it functions superbly but again no vv (and again not really needed but it's handy). The mecha to is such a natural firing system. Built in airflow control juice recycling in case of leaks. Very, very nice. Love it. It's like Rock Revival jeans. Sharp and durable but still you don't really want to do maintenance in them.

Provari. Has the vv, built like a tank. Not particularly flashy but to the people that know what they're looking at it is definitely to be admired. It's like a pair of Carhartts. "Oh you want a new design? How about black? Red? Blue?". One thing is for damn sure. Never have an issue bringing it to work. That's what it's made for. It doesn't care what the job is your able to perform it without fear or ruining your threads.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

7. Kn0ttYFive

Kn0ttYFive Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    Releaser of the KRAKEN
    Darkgear blowout! Awesome!!!

8. darkgear

darkgear Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just getting rid of extra's. I can only use so much stuff. The rest, someone else should enjoy.

9. naturecannon

naturecannon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2014
    Oregon City, Oregon
    Politely waiting their turn for a crackle on the Provari-Kayfun combo.

[​IMG]

10. TheKiwi

......mit. Lady Luck isn't on my side this weekend. After getting my house burglared, my only PV left just died on me. Straight up wouldn't fire or turn on. And I just got it back from provape for the same problem 2 weeks ago. Oh what a week it's been

11. AngiBe

AngiBe Vapeaholic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Indy, IN
    You are over due for better luck!!!! Sending good vibes your way...

12. Kn0ttYFive

Jul 27, 2013
    Releaser of the KRAKEN
    Ahhh.... not good. Here ya go Brethren!

[​IMG]

13. TheKiwi

Strange. The like button is gone. Ah well. I hope the folks at provape sends me the shipping email before I leave the country. Oh well.

In any case, it's 75 degrees out here and it's just absolutely beautiful.

14. naturecannon

naturecannon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2014
    Oregon City, Oregon
    I think I have found an atty you have not owned yet.....or this your order ready for shipping??

[​IMG]

15. RebelGolfer72

RebelGolfer72 Moved On ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Looks like another Kayfun clone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. TheKiwi

I was just reading somewhere there's a new 100W Mod out there. Sounds like we needa go higher.

17. Kn0ttYFive

Jul 27, 2013
    Releaser of the KRAKEN
    Here's the coil, in stock!
    [​IMG]

And Juice!

[​IMG]

18. bilbobaggins30

bilbobaggins30 Vapin' Hobbit ECF Veteran

Feb 19, 2013
    The Shire
    Yep and just like that it gets cloned by fasttech, for $5.63.

Sent from the Shire

19. Aaron Kestler

Aaron Kestler Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2013
    ND, US
    Haven't seen Edd in a minute. I'll try to fill in for him a bit so no one starts asking questions.

[​IMG]

20. Southern Tina

Southern Tina Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    FL
    I can't wait to get a satin silver one. I'm stalking the classies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.