Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
When people post that the ProVari has outdated technology and if ProVape doesn't start offering VW they will be left in the dust, I always point out that the members of ECF who endlessly debate VV vs. VW aren't ProVape's target consumer. This was proven to me again last night.

My friend has a generic eGo Twist and invited me over to show off my gear. I brought ProVaris, a Vamo, a couple of Reos and a bunch of different toppers and juice.

Me: You should join ECF
Him: I don't need to, I have you
Me: This is a Vamo. It has VW, whereas the ProVari has VV. What that means is...
Him: I want the one you're using. I looked at the website and it comes in black and red. I really like how that looks! That's what I'm going to get.
Me: You don't want to know the features of the different types of mods?
Him: I don't need to, I have you. If that's the e-cig you are using I know it's good.

Oh this is what I go through with my mother. I've begged her to get a Provari and there is just no convincing her. She has a winder thing :facepalm: I've just given up trying. Haha

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Excellent points.

As variable voltage and variable wattage will both get you to the same place by using different methods, the majority of vapers don't mind using just one. The iTaste 134 is variable wattage only; it doesn't have variable voltage and doesn't even have an LED display screen, yet I don't read of people complaining about those features being missing in it. For nearly $140 retail its nearly in Provari price range.

The majority of current and potential Provape customer base are not doing sub-ohm coil rebuilds nor are they necessarily wanting to vape above 15 watts of power. I had VW in one of my mods and never used it, never needed it. From what I have gathered from reading on ECF, those people who have both VV/VW, half use variable voltage exclusively and the other half use VW exclusively. Variable wattage may be benefitual to some vapers, but they can easily get by without it.

The Provari still offers the basic features for the majority of vapers, and uses those features extremely well. Customers buy Provari's not because it has an abundance of features or eye candy, but because of a well-earned reputation for dependability, consistancy, reliability, accuracy, durability, and customer service for life.

I concur Bad. When I first got my one and only VV/VW I played around with both for a while, and sub ohm builds for it (and all my mechs), but it wasn't long until it became VV exclusively.

"The Provari still offers the basic features for the majority of vapers, and uses those features extremely well. Customers buy Provari's not because it has an abundance of features or eye candy, but because of a well-earned reputation for dependability, consistancy, reliability, accuracy, durability, and customer service for life."

And that pretty much says it all.... why the ProVari's put my VV/VW into retirement (and almost all the other gear I already had as well).

I have transgressed a little for the first time though since buying my family of ProVari's and the never ending accessories for them...
shhh.gif
A MicroStick and a bunch of goodies for it are winging their way to me.
whistle.gif

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I've dropped my Provarii many times at this point. A couple from 3-4feet high, right on the asphalt. I used to immediately check to see if it still worked. So far it has ALWAYS still worked. Now when I drop one, I don't even think to check it.

-Functional damage from drops under 6 feet
-threads getting stripped
-a button not working
-checking the accuracy of the output

All things that as ProVari owners, we truly never have to worry about again.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Morning fellas. Hope all is well with y'all. Excited as hell right now because I'm gonna drive to the next city to check out a b&m for the first time ever. I've always wondered how one looks like and what goes on it em heh heh.

Also shoutout to the lion: my Duke destroyed UNC last night. Whuddup.

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Excellent points.

As variable voltage and variable wattage will both get you to the same place by using different methods, the majority of vapers don't mind using just one. The iTaste 134 is variable wattage only; it doesn't have variable voltage and doesn't even have an LED display screen, yet I don't read of people complaining about those features being missing in it. For nearly $140 retail its nearly in Provari price range.

The majority of current and potential Provape customer base are not doing sub-ohm coil rebuilds nor are they necessarily wanting to vape above 15 watts of power. I had VW in one of my mods and never used it, never needed it. From what I have gathered from reading on ECF, those people who have both VV/VW, half use variable voltage exclusively and the other half use VW exclusively. Variable wattage may be benefitual to some vapers, but they can easily get by without it.

The Provari still offers the basic features for the majority of vapers, and uses those features extremely well. Customers buy Provari's not because it has an abundance of features or eye candy, but because of a well-earned reputation for dependability, consistancy, reliability, accuracy, durability, and customer service for life.

Well said.

I've never had a VW device, so maybe I just don't know what I'm missing. But I simply check the resistance and set the voltage to 2.0 more than the resistance. E.g., on a 1.9 ohm resistance, I set the Provari to 3.9. And then adjust the voltage to taste from there. Simple, easy and it works for me.

I've dropped my Provari a few times. I've ruined some tanks doing that, but my Provari still works perfectly and looks almost brand new and it's about 18 months old.

Aaron Kestler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
ND, US
I agree. I got my provari and it was a tank. Took everything a maintenance career field could throw at it. It's the only chipped mod that has been able to withstand a maintenance career in Minot ND winter. The other ones had screen freezing and I was concerned they would break when exposed to -50 or colder. Provari got a little dimmer on the display around -65ish but didn't quit.

I DID have my provari quit on me at one point (didn't drop it and it wasn't cold yet) took one day worth of troubleshooting with a representative and then they gave me shipping labels. It took me longer to print out the labels (don't have a personal printer except at work) than it did for them to fix it and ship it back.

During that time I got an itaste134. It was okay but it wasn't for me. Battery rattle and whatnot. So i got a vamo clone just needed something cheep to get me by. It let me know quickly why people are vehemently against clones. Felt like it was going to fall apart when I was putting the battery cap on threads were gritty and metal was subpar.

Once I realized that you get what you pay for I decided I wanted to try some other things in the provari price range.

So i got the point touch. Absolutely gorgeous, completely customizable, Amazing firing system but no vv and I kinda like that (but don't need it). The big thing is that even though it's quality metal it's very thin and there's the gold plating. I don't take it out of the house much except for special occasions...it's like an Armani dress shirt. Very sharp and has it's place but not for maintenance.

Then I got the bod mecha. Not as sharp looking as the point touch but it's close. Not as solid to feel as provari but close. It looks gorgeous and it functions superbly but again no vv (and again not really needed but it's handy). The mecha to is such a natural firing system. Built in airflow control juice recycling in case of leaks. Very, very nice. Love it. It's like Rock Revival jeans. Sharp and durable but still you don't really want to do maintenance in them.

Provari. Has the vv, built like a tank. Not particularly flashy but to the people that know what they're looking at it is definitely to be admired. It's like a pair of Carhartts. "Oh you want a new design? How about black? Red? Blue?". One thing is for damn sure. Never have an issue bringing it to work. That's what it's made for. It doesn't care what the job is your able to perform it without fear or ruining your threads.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
......mit. Lady Luck isn't on my side this weekend. After getting my house burglared, my only PV left just died on me. Straight up wouldn't fire or turn on. And I just got it back from provape for the same problem 2 weeks ago. Oh what a week it's been

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
......mit. Lady Luck isn't on my side this weekend. After getting my house burglared, my only PV left just died on me. Straight up wouldn't fire or turn on. And I just got it back from provape for the same problem 2 weeks ago. Oh what a week it's been

You are over due for better luck!!!! Sending good vibes your way...

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN

Ahhh.... not good. Here ya go Brethren!

shot-of-whiskey-thinkstock.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread