The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

ProVarinati Deaddog Saloon

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by Preloader, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TheKiwi

TheKiwi Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Folks folks!!! So in my desperate attempt to revive my provari, I used a tweezer and gave my extension cap springs a really hard pull, and now it kinda works intermittently. Seems like my previous attempts just didn't stretch it out enough.

Now that I've isolated the problem as a spring issue, I am gonna pull it with a tad more force. I was searching on google, and it seems like some people ended up plucking the whole spring outta the extension cap and end up having to send it back to pro vape to reattach. To the veterans here, any tip on how to stretch out the spring with more force but also safely? Gonna be in the Dominican Republic for a week, and the last thing I want is to be stranded without my trusty sidekick

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

2. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Glad you got it working some. Be careful pulling on the cap springs though... you pull one all the way out of the cap and they are a pain to get back in. Good idea to use two tools, one to hold the spring as low as you can, and one to stretch what's above that tool. :2c:

3. darkgear

darkgear Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Grand Innovations GI2. Waiting for mine...

4. Preloader

Preloader Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Yes, those springs are not easy to get in. Especially on the Kirf extensions. They don't come with a spring installed and they also don't have a groove to accept the base of the spring like the ProVape caps do.

I've encountered spring collapse in which the battery intermittently doesn't make good contact. Stretching the spring is the easiest solution. If possible, hold the bottom coil in the cap with with a flet screwdriver or cold punch, and pull on the top of the spring with pliers.

Also, anytime you are placing an order with ProVape, toss in a spare spring or two. I have quite a few laying around now if I ever cross the point of no return with repairing a spring.

5. TheKiwi

Of course you WOULD be getting one hahahahahahah.

Now that I remember it, it was ironic how last week I said I was really envious of the sheer number of gears you have, and your place would be the perfect gold mine if I were a burglar.

Fast forward one week, Mr Irony slaps me in the face :D

6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Signature Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    use a screwdriver to hold the bottom of the coil against the cap (just stick it down through the spings). then use a pair of needlenose pliers to stretch the top part up. If it comes out, push it back in place with the screwdriver.

7. naturecannon

naturecannon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2014
    Oregon City, Oregon
    100 watts, jeez, does it come with a light bulb adapter?

8. TheKiwi

Aaack! My spring just shot outta the end cap and flew across the room. Managed to shove it back in and now the provari is working fine. Can't be happier right now. Thanks everyone for thenhelp

9. ShariR

ShariR Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Inotfat, you need to sit down slowly and vape nice and easily. Breathe in and breathe out. Let the negative energy escape. Watch it float away from you. Open yourself to the wave of sweet positive air filling your lungs. Wonderful things are just around the corner. Let them come to you.

There. That should do it.

10. TheKiwi

That made me smile. Apologies if I've been sounding like a whiney spoilt brat these few days. I'll be back to my usual gluttony self soon I promise!

11. jrenae4

jrenae4 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2013
    ES, MD
    This sounds like my yoga instructor. I like it :)

12. BILLB OKC

BILLB OKC Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2011
    oklahoma city
    Did you order one, Spydro, or do you already have one?

13. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

And what would that be? [​IMG]

On my VW devices, I leave them on VW. I don't use that many toppers and I know what watts I like them at no matter how it's calculated.

ETA: Aaron, you know far more about fashion than I do. I'm going to have to Google "Carhartts."

14. ShariR

Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    No, no, no. That was not my intention. When I have times like you are having, I have to make myself slow down and relax. That is all I was trying to do for you. Plus, too many Oprah shows in my past.

15. EddardinWinter

EddardinWinter The Philosopher Who Rides Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2012
    Richmond, Va
    Did you just say you were using VW??

Roaring thunderously via Tapatalk...

16. Aaron Kestler

Aaron Kestler Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2013
    ND, US
    I have no idea I searched for vamo and bought a cheap pos thing for like 35-40 bucks.

Carhartts aren't really fashion. Carhartts are very rugged work/hunting/fishing attire. They also sell other outerwear like they're trying to branch into that but that's not really what they're know for.

17. Kn0ttYFive

Kn0ttYFive Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    Releaser of the KRAKEN
    Gi2...What in the hellz tarnations, 100 watts? :blink: Looks like it could pop, pop tarts too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is that the FB app on that thing? :laugh:

18. ShariR

Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    And people talk about our Provari. You gotta be kidding.

19. The Ocelot

Bobo is VV/VW. It's just easier to leave it on one setting rather than go through the menu that I don't look at anyway. I also use Vemo sometimes to keep him from writing bad poetry.

I was joking. A Vamo is a Vamo. They do come is different versions and even different configurations within versions, but you can't clone something that doesn't have an original. :)

20. The Ocelot

That thing looks huge. Perhaps the person has small hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.