ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Have you tried powering the thing off to see what happens?

No ... I never bothered ... as I was putting 'it/them' away for a bunch of weeks ... it was just as easy to pull the batteries. After reading your test results ... I just may experiment myself re: turning it off and leaving the batt in.

FWIW ... more on battery run down. So a recent P2.5 (just a couple-few months old) that's been sitting w/ an 18350 batt in it and powered on .. hasn't been used in a couple weeks .. when i picked it up and checked the batt ... it was 2.7 volts. Took the batt out and measured w/ a decent DVM - 3.1 volts. Put it back in the P and it showed 3.0 briefly then 2.7 and then the Led faded out.

Surely I need to test w/ the batt in and the P powered off.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Will post when I have news.
Just heard from Bill at Provari Repair. He said "the cost for a tune-up would be $25.00; $20 starting service and $5 shipping."

In case anyone just wants a tune-up he said this "From what you are saying - looks fine, clean, and works fine - I wouldn't send it in. I would wait until something is wrong and save the cost. There is little to "tune up" on these."

He also sent me the service info PDF attached. Note that the only type of payment he currently accepts is PayPal.

Attachments

• ProVari_Service_Procedures.pdf
    26.6 KB · Views: 119

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Just heard from Bill at Provari Repair. He said "the cost for a tune-up would be $25.00; $20 starting service and $5 shipping."

In case anyone just wants a tune-up he said this "From what you are saying - looks fine, clean, and works fine - I wouldn't send it in. I would wait until something is wrong and save the cost. There is little to "tune up" on these."

He also sent me the service info PDF attached. Note that the only type of payment he currently accepts is PayPal.
Great Info!!!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Can you ask him how long he plans to be available for repairs? I'm wondering if ProVape contracted him for a year or something and then when the contract is up he goes poof! I suppose I could ask him but it appears you two have a thing going on for now. :)

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Can you ask him how long he plans to be available for repairs? I'm wondering if ProVape contracted him for a year or something and then when the contract is up he goes poof! I suppose I could ask him but it appears you two have a thing going on for now. :)

Could end up being years ... if Bill was granted access to ProVape's suppliers, he could have a nice repair gig for years to come.

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 9.42.18 PM.png

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I dont know about having a thing going…hubby might object to that….;) but I will ask him.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Pro vape repair person Bill got back to me too.
I emailed saying that I knew he was probably super busy but asked about bronze radius parts, not an emergency repair but an upgrade. He admitted he was swamped, that bronze parts were available and that "he needed to check with ProVape about price".
He said he'd look into it and to email again in a week or two if I didn't hear from him.
So, ...okay, cool.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven

This is great! Thank you!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
"he needed to check with ProVape about price".
He said he'd look into it and to email again in a week or two if I didn't hear from him.
So, ...okay, cool.
Interesting...I kind of thought from the owners' letter that they were out of the business altogether (sold the building and equipment) but this sounds like Bill is still working for them.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
ProVape was almost like a small family business ... Bill's comment could be more about not knowing the proper answer and wants advice.

Sent via iPhone
I guess part of me hopes that the owners are "keeping their finger in the pie" and who knows... maybe some day...

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

Thank you. That's awesome!

Very inexpensive for just about anything that can go wrong with a Provari. I feel much better about owning a dozen of them now (not that I will likely ever have to have them fixed, but still...).

Cool to see an option for upgrading a Classic to P3 for $20.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

I would THINK that he's contracted for at least two years, to account for anyone holding an extended warranty.

BIG time guess right there though.

Users who are viewing this thread