7dc7c200e4d52379b078ce54b9b34473.jpg

Sent via iPhone

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I have mech mods as my last ditched savior. Sofar makes a point about safety that each of us has to evaluate. As for me, purchasing high quality, reputable batteries is the best way to prevent battery explosions. PV features that add to protection is also important. My guess, however, is ProVape had the cheap fly by night battery companies in mind when they decided to design protections into their PVs.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
I have mech mods as my last ditched savior. Sofar makes a point about safety that each of us has to evaluate. As for me, purchasing high quality, reputable batteries is the best way to prevent battery explosions. PV features that add to protection is also important. My guess, however, is ProVape had the cheap fly by night battery companies in mind when they decided to design protections into their PVs.

I have a couple mechs myself and a few kicks to use on them for regulation.

David said several times that battery quality was a big factor in their design limits. They had their recommended batteries but you could use a cheap radio shack cell without worry. That's why the amp limits are the way they are.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
I had heard about the shelf life on the P3 OLED screens ... the 2.5s will probably last 150+ years.

Sent via iPhone

Oled screens have an "in use" meaning on life span of about 50,000 estimated hours. That's over 11 years if it's on 24/7. Being carbon based it's shelf life can be the same as the carbon decay time. However since little to no oxygen gets to the carbon the mineral decay rate is longer than normal.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about the screen too much. It would take forever to wear out an oled since the individual leds in the screen are rarely on more than a few secs at a time. Based on my vaping habits my screen is on about 5 min a day total and since each press changes which leds are lit, each led is only lit for about 45 secs a day. I'm a pretty heavy vaper too.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I say we all meet in 150 years .... and kompare notes.
Maybe 1000+ years would be more appropriate for those of use with lots of Provaris. :D

I was thinking.... Even if the screens go on my 2.5's, I never adjust the damned things anyways, so they should likely still keep ticking. my P3s, Classics and Radius are a different story....

Users who are viewing this thread