ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Been a long while since I saw them. Maybe the Presto tour. I got too old and claustrophobic to go to concerts anymore. Can't deal with the crowds. But I always kept up with their music which is as good today as ever. Caress of Steel was their days "in the fog" as they termed it. A very dark album to be sure. Probably their darkest. They have a whole lotta stuff that heavily influenced me. Wouldn't know where to start. But perhaps the most unique song they ever did was Vital Signs on Moving Pictures (and one that influenced me quite a bit). At the time, new wave music was making it big. Of course, new wave was blasphemous to hard rockers. And when they played Vital Signs live their die hard fans booed them relentlessly for being too "new wave". Remember it very well. But the joke was on their fans. No one took the time to listen to the lyrics. Had they, the music made perfect sense. And it also demonstrated they could do new wave as good as the new wave bands (as they did with rap on Roll the Bones).

I never did see Rush in concert.. the very first rock n roll song I ever heard was Children of the Sun by Billy Thorpe..

I had gone to see a cousin, and she had this album, it was new at the time, she also stix and I think some Rush.. I really liked it and got into rock.

When I got home I used my own money to buy children of the sun, but my dad heard it, declared this music to be "devil music" and threw it all out and wouldn't let me listen to it..

It was at that point I decided Daddy should hear what real devil music was, and so I went out and bought Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and other devil music, and we got into music wars... lol.. I ended up turning into a headbanger..

I was such a bad child!

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Devil music. haha. Yeah, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath would do it. I brought an Aerosmith record home once...

th

and my Dad looked at it and said the only qualification to be a rock star was to be ugly.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Devil music. haha. Yeah, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath would do it. I brought an Aerosmith record home once...

th

and my Dad looked at it and said the only qualification to be a rock star was to be ugly.

Haha.. it's crazy looking back, because long ago we women thought they were cute! Hahaha

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hospitals are dangerous places.

I just don't like playing guinea pig.. after my second back surgery, when I was first in a wheelchair I became a specimen to doctors, and had to literally beg to be allowed to go home after two months hospitalized.. (I found that to be quite enough myself)

After that, every doctor I have ever had want to do various injections and other nefarious things with needles and xray's and mri's on a fun regular basis . and I hate being a pin cushion and/or lab rat.

I finally said no more, that this was my limit.. I have more hardware in my back than ace keeps on stock, and other than my normal "yep, your still screwed up for life" check ups, I won't do any more, nor allow them any more.

I find it handy to have medicine for pain always on hand, that way things like this, I can avoid the whole mess of hospitals and doctors, and still have reasonable comfort, at least as reasonable as circumstances allow.. lol..

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I just don't like playing guinea pig.. after my second back surgery, when I was first in a wheelchair I became a specimen to doctors, and had to literally beg to be allowed to go home after two months hospitalized.. (I found that to be quite enough myself)

After that, every doctor I have ever had want to do various injections and other nefarious things with needles and xray's and mri's on a fun regular basis . and I hate being a pin cushion and/or lab rat.

I finally said no more, that this was my limit.. I have more hardware in my back than ace keeps on stock, and other than my normal "yep, your still screwed up for life" check ups, I won't do any more, nor allow them any more.

I find it handy to have medicine for pain always on hand, that way things like this, I can avoid the whole mess of hospitals and doctors, and still have reasonable comfort, at least as reasonable as circumstances allow.. lol..
Take 2 Provi and call me in the morning...

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Did you figure out why you got that error code? If you already answered sorry ai missed it.

Nope, never did figure out exactly what was wrong, but it's working again, so I'm happy. I had to put on a different atomizer, then put the mini back on for it to start working again..

Users who are viewing this thread