PTB Plug Full 510 Cart

Discussion in 'Cartridge Mods' started by rhoneil, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rhoneil

rhoneil Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2009
  2. Stehle

Stehle Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2009
    Sunny Florida! U.S.A.
    I've been following your PTB mod work very closely rho.:)

Thank you for the great instructional video! I'll be trying this mod later today. :)

(I tried to follow your text instructions, but I must admit I got a little lost. This is much better. TY for the time writing it though.) ;)

3. rhoneil

Aug 6, 2009
    Cool, i hope it works for you as well as it does me. Let me know how it goes, if i need to do some tweaking ( as you know ive been doing) im sure we can figure it out. im looking forward to any criticisms, issues and comments.

rho

4. rhoneil

Aug 6, 2009
    BTW I want to give credit to whoever thought of using the PTB material. Not sure who that is. Pyramid Tea Bags are great. Tea not bad either.

rho

5. rhoneil

Aug 6, 2009
    everytime i think im done i think of something else...

6. rhoneil

Aug 6, 2009
    one think I can tell you, im getting really dizzy from testing.

7. rhoneil

Aug 6, 2009
    I found a snag. Before you try it I think I solved the issue. I'll post another video explaining it.

8. Nforcer

Nforcer Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 10, 2009
    A, A
    thank;s for this video mate ...il get to test it tommorow :)

9. rhoneil

Aug 6, 2009
    I found a snag. Before you try it I think I solved the issue. I'll post another video explaining it.

10. Paradiso

Paradiso Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2009
    MA - USA
    Well done video, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for your update.

11. rhoneil

Aug 6, 2009
  12. rhoneil

Aug 6, 2009
    Update:

I just refilled this cart. This time I did it a little differently. I removed the PTB and dried if off on a napkin so I can see just how much e-juice I can get in the cart when its dry. (By the way, the juice that was left was on top of the mod where the folds were and not on the frays. That is what I was hoping for. ) Then I filled the cart with juice about 1-2 drops short of the top. Then I slowly replaced the dry PTB using the mod explained above (Folded/ Frayed Plug). I made sure that I did it slow enough so that the juice had a little time to fill the PTB material (a second or two not minutes) then I added another 2 drops to the top of that. Did not over fill or spill over. It still did not drip or leak. This might be it guys. Well at least for me.

Conclusion: I think this is the most I juice I can get in a single, stock 510 rounded cart without spilling or leaking. Also, I think the design will bring juice from the bottom of the cart to the atomizer bridge. What else do you want?

Let me know if you try and what you are experiencing. I'd love to get some feedback.

rho

13. callousparade

callousparade Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2009
    Virginia Tech, VA
    i've been using your new mod (folded rolled) and it's working fantastically. I have made one modification to it though because I was getting some leaking if I put a lot of juice in it.

I have some polyfil from walmart. So all i did is got a long, thin roll of polyfil and when I did the fold on your mod i actually folded it over the polyfil. So now it's a hybrid folded rolled frayed mod (that name is getting awesome btw).

will post a vid or pics later

14. rhoneil

Aug 6, 2009
    That poly fill sounds great. yea, I may have over did it by filling the whole cart with juice then adding another couple of drops. but not too bad. Next time i wont over fill. i think if i just put 1-2 drops short of full dropping the mod PTB in and NOT adding anymore, i wont have a problem. BUT I do like your idea of the poly fill, I just dont have any. who knows maybe next time ill just use a double fold. hey, thats an idea.

rho

good luck

15. rhoneil

Aug 6, 2009
    this is funny, almost like trying to invent a new paper airplane.
    "this one will fly farther!!!"

rho

16. rhoneil

Aug 6, 2009
    yeah, i dont have any filler or an empty cart for that matter. But I will let you know if it turns into the "Double-Folded, Loosely Rolled, Frayed Lipton PTB Plug Mod"

hehe

17. rhoneil

Aug 6, 2009
    Ok, I found another cart. Not real easy, but I was able to make a double fold. One of the things I like about this mod is that even if the PTB is bone dry, I can add 2 drops of juice and I know that it is going to stay on the top and touch the atomizers bridge and not soak all the way to the bottom. (tested that) I dont know why you would do that but you can.

rho

18. rhoneil

Aug 6, 2009
    ok, with the double fold it works really well. now I just have to empty my other carts that have different mods in it.

19. Nforcer

Nforcer Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 10, 2009
    A, A
    how many average drops of liquid can we put in the second ptb folded rolled frayed?

20. JustMeAgain

JustMeAgain Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2009
    Springfield, MO

Say that three times, fast. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.