Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Hmmm...it shouldn't be "rolled" at all. You use the end of a tweezers or a blunt toothpick to center the piece of PTB and then pull it down over the stick. If you pull it out of the cart, it should look like a closed umbrella without the handle.

Are you using a whole piece of PTB? It should only be a half of the tea bag. Each PTB bag should yield 2 carts.

ledouxmike

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Lafayette, LA
Hmmm...it shouldn't be "rolled" at all. You use the end of a tweezers or a blunt toothpick to center the piece of PTB and then pull it down over the stick. If you pull it out of the cart, it should look like a closed umbrella without the handle.

Are you using a whole piece of PTB? It should only be a half of the tea bag. Each PTB bag should yield 2 carts.

I looked back at the pictures and now I understand what you did with the PTB. I thought you had wrapped the PTB around the tweezers. You just placed the pointed end of the tweezers in the center of the PTB and bunched it up like a flower. Now I get it. I'm gonna give that a shot and report back. . thanks.

ledouxmike

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Lafayette, LA
Out with the old and in with the new. I pulled out the old PTB and slipped in the new one, correctly formed, trimmed and ready. Filled it up with juice. 20 drops. Should I have stopped at 12? I guess I'll find out if it leaks. lol
Dragging on it now. Nice. With a fresh PTB this thing is hitting really good. How often does a PTB last with this mod? Do you have to fluff the PTB now and then or is it maintenance free?

One thing I learned recently, is to check and clean the battery and atomizer connections if you're doing mods because if the atomizer leaks, then it won't get full power from the battery. And that means no vapor. At least that's been my experience.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Well, nothing is maintenence free unless you don't care about your equipment or hygiene!

I keep a mini tweezers in my ArtBoxz case to pull out the PTB if it gets pushed back too far - but it doesn't seem to need it too often. It still works well even if pushed back or with a dent in the middle. Every once in a while I pull out the PTB, rinse it under hot water, pat dry on a paper towel and pop it back in for a fill up. The cool thing is the PTB keeps it's umbrella shape, so it just pops back in - no rolling or folding!

After a few days, if I cut everything right, it gets "seasoned" and you barely have to touch it other than refills. The edges of the cart start to eventually (after a few weeks or couple of months, depending on use) get chipped/melted from the heat. Just pull everything out and pop it into a new cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread