Question: Dry Vaping For 2 Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-rratic

Nov 10, 2016
Heya,

I have a question about a worry. I am new to vaping and having been vaping for nearly two months, I also have an immune system health issue, unfortunately that's lead to sometimes panicking about my health (fun!). I thought I was using my K2 Aspire the correct way, but I've been vaping the tank dry... I should have left a few milometers juice in the tank when refilling. So a few times a day, every day for a couple of months, I've been vaping what you'd apparently call 'dry hits'. At the point the tank was empty and I had the slight burned taste, I would then fill the tank up again and use the same coil. The coil is an organic cotton one, I was horrified to read that burned cotton fumes are very toxic. I've used about 3 coils now, since starting. I've been doing everything else right! I guess I'm just worried about what I've maybe done to my health for breathing in those fumes for two months. I was also wondering that if a dry coil is activated when not very moist and it gives off that burned taste at the end of the tank, is the coil then deemed hazardous to vape from, even after you put liquid back on top of it? Or is it only hazardous acutely when giving off a dry vape fumes? If that makes any sense...

I look forward to hearing from you guys :)

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
Everyone gets a dry hit now and then. I don't think there's much to worry about if you don't change your atomizer. However, if you want peace of mind, change it out. But those coils aren't cheap. I would suggest you ditch the aspire and buy a rebuildable tank. Then you can change out the wick whenever you're uncomfortable with it and it will cost you almost nothing. To give you an idea, I bought 100' of wire and a bag of 1000 Japanese cotton pads for under $10 maybe 6 months ago. I don't think I've used more than 5' of wire and I'm still on the first pad!!!

I very highly recommend the Kayfun mini v3. You can get one for under $15 from fasttech. Watch a few videos on youtube on building a simple, single coil on a kayfun to see how ridiculously easy it is.

It's a bit wider than the Aspire, though, so you may not like how it looks on your mod. One combination I always recommend to new vapers is the aforementioned kayfun and the Provari 2.5. It's dirt cheap right now, simple, insanely reliable and highly respected by just about everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread