Quitting cigs plan to vape for a long tkme

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoogaWu

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Lakewood, CO
Yes, no, yes?
Vaping is much safer than smoking, in fact I'm pretty sure skydiving doesn't kill half its users. So smoking might be the most dangerous thing in the long run.
If you quit smoking to start gardening would you worry about it? It's a hobby. And 1.5? I would consider myself off of nicotine, personally.

Reactions: Katya

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Yes, vaping is much safer than smoking. Here are some articles that may help to set your mind at ease.

The Ultimate List of E-Cig Studies: Are E-Cigs Actually Safe? *Updated 2/16/14 - onVaping

https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/news/promote-e-cigarettes-widely-substitute-smoking-says-new-rcp-report
"A new report released today from the Royal College of Physicians, Nicotine without smoke: tobacco harm reduction concludes that e-cigarettes are likely to be beneficial to UK public health. Smokers can therefore be reassured and encouraged to use them, and the public can be reassured that e-cigarettes are much safer than smoking."

Re: Nicotine without smoke—putting electronic cigarettes in context | The BMJ

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/04/160425095113.htm

Congratulations on quitting smoking and welcome to ECF.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
yes vaping is safer then smoking. the thing about vaping that many people who don't educate themselves is it's an alternative to smoking cigs/cigars. people do struggle with the cravings so that is normal even I have struggled. the only thing about vaping that is unsafe is when you don't educate yourself about the safety such as batteries as they can explode and cause major damage to your body. I mean I honestly don't know much about vaping thus why I ask more experienced people on here and try to do some research. there are other concerns like chemicals used in juices and building as well to learn about and yes it is overwhelming at first but once you get more into it then you won't be as lost as you were. took me months to learn just how to coils safely

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Far far better off.
How long since you smoked, and did you smoke a lot?
Within a couple months of stopping cigs, I stopped my little "hack/cough" that I really didn't realize I did so often...I stopped coughing up "stuff"...I stopped getting "winded" just from climbing some stairs... All good.
And that was about 3 years ago.
I've reduced my nicotine (though I still use more than you) - but just because it's easy to do. I make my liquid, so every month or two, I lower it a tiny bit, and don't even notice. I don't CARE that I'm using nic...I just figured, "why not?".

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Ryan smith4748

May 2, 2016
Smo
Far far better off.
How long since you smoked, and did you smoke a lot?
Within a couple months of stopping cigs, I stopped my little "hack/cough" that I really didn't realize I did so often...I stopped coughing up "stuff"...I stopped getting "winded" just from climbing some stairs... All good.
And that was about 3 years ago.
I've reduced my nicotine (though I still use more than you) - but just because it's easy to do. I make my liquid, so every month or two, I lower it a tiny bit, and don't even notice. I don't CARE that I'm using nic...I just figured, "why not?".
ked half a pack of American spirit menthol away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread