Status
Not open for further replies.

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi guys

As many of you know, I'm the maintainer of www..................... - a place where you can build your own recipes, save them as private or share them, comment on them, rate them and much more.

I hadn't touched the site since I launched it almost 3 years ago. Now I've gone and redesigned it, and made it all pretty for you guys ;)

If you don't know it, come and join the 1500 other people regularly using the site :)

I welcome suggestions, but please use the feedback form on the site ;-)

Myself - I'm still very happy about vaping 7 Marlshade: e-Liquid Calculator

I also like DV's Absinthe and FA's RY4 mixed with a bit of Shade.

Happy vaping guys!

Daath aka Lars

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hey guys - I've started development on a crowdsourced system to weed out duplicate flavors.

It seems the bad thing about giving everyone free reins to name their flavors, is that there are 100 different names for one flavor, e.g. TFA Apple, TPA Apple variations with () and [] and TPA/TFA at the back and at the front. It also explains why there are over 6000 flavors in the database ;)

Weeding out duplicates will help the next step, namely checking off a couple of flavors you have in store, and seeing which recipes use those flavors :)

Last edited:

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Almost done with crowd sourcing duplication check system :) I've slowed a bit down - I'd been working too hard, so I decided to watch a few episodes of some TV-series, and bought Louis CK's new show Oh My God from his site (it's only $5 for a one hour show in HD!). It was fun :)
I did squash a few bugs since my last post though - whenever something goes wrong on the site, I am notified :)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Really great source for new ideas, easy to use, thanks daath. I set up an account OK. But I am running into a glitch when I try to adapt the recipes "most of the time". It will not change the batch quantity I enter (ie from say 30ml to 10ml) or nic strength (say from 24mg to 6mg) and set them as my new default base values, so the recipe numbers are not right. Have tried clicking on and off the default and private, sometimes it updates, most of the time it doesn't. I don't see any other way to make it recalculate the recipe to my new settings. Am I missing something or is it a glitch???

EDIT:
Figured it out... change the values by typing them in instead of using the up/down arrows.

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Spydro. The default values only apply for your new recipes.
I cannot believe I haven't thought of that before. For three years the "Adapt this" has just enabled editing the recipe with the values the author had put in.

I have just modified it so it will fill in all your default values.

Thanks for the nudge! :)

Makes what is already a great resource even better. Thank you.

I'll start getting more of my ADV's on there as I have time.

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hey guys

I've launched the flavor duplicate finder. If you feel like doing some good, head on over to e-Liquid Calculator, log in, click the "Duplicate checker" - From there you can search in flavors, for say "Apple", if you notice "Apple (FA)", "(FA) Apple", "FA Apple", "Apple from flavour art", then you can select "Apple (FA)" as the "real" flavor, and mark the others as duplicates.

They will be added to a queue which I will then check. If all goes well, then I will make sure only the "real" flavor is left.

This way we can do more advanced searches for recipes containing certain flavors.

I do need some pointers to what producers are duplicates of what - For example I assume that TFA is the same as TPA.

Vape on! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread