Status
Not open for further replies.

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
You're very welcome :)

I've fixed a few bugs. One of them was that your nicotine strength wasn't applied when you clicked "Adapt this".

Flavors on a recipe now link to flavor details. Details still require that you are logged in. I think that the flavor details page is pretty cool. This is one of the reasons we need to weed out duplicate flavors (help by clicking "Duplicate checker" on My page!) - The more recipes use a specific flavor, the more accurate stats we get on average mixing percentage etc :)

I would still love for this thread to be stickified - The site is, in my own opinion, a fairly valuable resource :)

Last edited:

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
I do need some pointers to what producers are duplicates of what - For example I assume that TFA is the same as TPA.

TPA=The Perfumers Apprentice, TFA=The Flavor Apprentice. TFA is a subsidiary of TPA which uses the same flavors offered in smaller quantities for vapers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk 4

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
TPA=The Perfumers Apprentice, TFA=The Flavor Apprentice. TFA is a subsidiary of TPA which uses the same flavors offered in smaller quantities for vapers.

Yeah, and some flavors were marked "PA" which I assumed was "Perfumer's Apprentice" - the flavors themselves are the same, which is why I've been merging them and replacing for example "(TFA) Apple" with "Apple (TPA)" - that way there are more recipes using that - Does that make sense? :)

It looks pretty good - Check out the flavor details page for TPA Bavarian Cream :)

FunkD

Unresolved Status
Dec 14, 2012
Bristol, VA. USA
Wow, that's an awesome website! It has some serious potential. the only thing I can advise is a rating system based on people who have actually tried the flavor. (example : the flavors for the recipe aren't in their flavor stash so they can't vote) to vote you have to have all the flavors in your list.

Something like that, I'm just rambling, but the potential this website has.

Last edited:

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi FunkD - Thanks man :) Right now you can only rate flavors that are in your stash, but you can rate recipes as much as you like.
I kinda like the restriction that you need to have all the flavors to do it. OTOH what if you were at a vape meet and tried a bunch of different recipes? Maybe we shouldn't impose the rule on recipes, I'm not sure...

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
It's a tough call. I thought of another thing.. a system that looks at all of your flavors and links you to recipes you could make with what you have. I don't know how one would create a system like that though. I'm just tossing ideas

I'm working on something a bit like that - From your stash, you check off which flavors you want to use, and the system finds recipes that contain those. Initially it will not necessarily be with only those - they can contain other flavors apart from what you check off. It's a bit harder to find recipes that contain exactly those flavors you check off and nothing else. I have a few ideas though :)

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I went completely CDO (it's like OCD, but with all the letters in the correct order), and cleaned up all the Flavour Art flavors. The result is that all the FA flavors are now called stuff like "Apple (FA)" - I merged the duplicates, and there were LOTS. There are now over 1000 less flavors in the database - there is now only a mere 5300 flavors (before I began there were over 6500)!

If you're really interested, you can see all the FA-flvors here (login required).

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
FWIW, I also saved my recipes as image files that I can print out, keep in a folder, make notes on to use on my Vaping Bench where I mix my liquids. Makes an already great system by daath even better.

Keoke%20Toffee.jpg

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I had a CDO-attack again, and cleaned up all flavors for The Perfumer's Apprentice / The Flavor Apprentice. Marked all TFA-flavors as duplicates of TPA. The result is that all the TPA/TFA flavors are now called stuff like "Apple (TPA)" - We are now hovering around 4700 flavors (down from around 5300)!

If you're really interested, you can see all the TPA-flvors here (login required).

BTW: Nice Spydro :) Have you seen that the "Print" acutally produces a nice page (it doesn't look that much like the page).

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Yes I did check out the print feature daath and it would work very well in a pinch. I just chose to dress mine up a little using the pre print image instead. Will be the labels I put on my DIY ADV bottles when I get some appropriate size Avery for the laser printer. They also will have the batch birthdate on them.

ktl.jpg

daath

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I've cleaned up duplicates for Capella - There weren't that many, but it looks better now. They're named like "Strawberrt (Cap)".

Also a user used my duplicate checker tool and sent in some duplicates for Flavor West, which prompted me to clean those up too :) They're named like "Strawberry (FW)".

If you're interested, you can log in, go to the flavor list and type in (FW) or (Cap) to see all Flavor West and Capella flavors :)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Thanks for all the extra work to clean up the flavors... your site just keeps getting better and better daath.

A couple of thoughts... maybe a moot point since those that use this companies flavors already know... but I use TFA rather than TPA since most of the flavors used for vape from this company are listed as from the TFA division of that company, not the TPA perfume division.

Another point that may be a moot one... while we can plug in the final PG/VG percentages we want our liquids to be when entering a recipe, those numbers do not show up on the completed recipes. IE, 70/30, 50/50, etc. Lots of folks prefer to vape a specific percentage of PG/VG same as nicotine.... so maybe another side bar like the nicotine "Strength" would be a nice addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread