Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I only bought the ABC due to the rave reviews it got in the VG form. Figured the SC version was worth a try. Glad I did, can see this becoming a flavor I use quite a bit. Think it will be good with some of my tobacco mixes to replace the Kentucky Bourbon (TFA) I use now as it adds a little body with the cream as well.
ABC is awesome!

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I have these flavors coming soon.
I plan to mix all at 3% single flavor.
Does this look like a good starting point ?

Deep Fried Spongecake SC
Deep Fried Cookies and Cream SC
Sugar Cookie SC
Blueberry Lemonade Slushie SC

Thanks
Yep on the first 3. I have all 3 and love them all in that 2.5 - 3.5 range. I don't have the 4th flavor but I would think 3% should be fine. IME most of the 'one shot' type flavors that are blends or recipes on their own are fine at 3%+. It's the random single flavors like molasses, brown sugar, cheesecake, bourbon, etc that you might want to use at 1% or lower.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
And don't forget Souffle,i don't recommend going over about .1% on that one,that is some potent stuff haha.
haha, i did forget that one. Easy to do with nearly 70 RF SC flavors in my stash and not doing any mixing/testing recently. Heck, I still got 12 un-tested flavors. I need to work on some recipe ideas with that souffle. It might go good with the sweet potato since that one seems a bit weak so far (need to head down and re-test it now that it is nearing 4 weeks steeped at 3%).

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Has anyone used RFSC Toasted? I used it today and it's soooooo thick, it seems even thicker than plain VG. Is that pretty normal for this flavor?
yes, that is normal from what Walt said when I asked. Something about how it is created/extracted makes that happen. Use it in very low percentages. Suggested percent on that recipe site is 1%, I single flavor tested it at 0.5%. Hopefully he gets the SG's up on the site before long as that one I am sure weighs a lot more than 1g/ml.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I use RFSC Peanut butter and, it is very thick, like Karo syrup thick. I assume toasted is another that's like that, and, that's how it's supposed to be. peanut butter is the only RFSC I use so, don't know for sure.
Weird, I SF tested the PB a month or so ago and don't recall mine being thicker than the others I tested at the time. I will have to check it again if I remember. I wasn't all that impressed with the flavor at 3%.

Reactions: Kenna

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
I'm comparing it to my other brands of flavor, some LorAnn, Some vape Wild. and to Karo sysrup I use in candy making, it pours the same so, it's close in viscosity.

It isn't a strong peanut flavor, alone I would not use it but, as a roasted nut undertone for other flavors, it's perfect.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Thanks all. I thought maybe with it being so thick it was a regular VG flavor that got bottled wrong.

yes, that is normal from what Walt said when I asked. Something about how it is created/extracted makes that happen. Use it in very low percentages. Suggested percent on that recipe site is 1%, I single flavor tested it at 0.5%. Hopefully he gets the SG's up on the site before long as that one I am sure weighs a lot more than 1g/ml.
That little huh? I should know better than to use new-to-me flavors in a recipe first but...these things happen. lol I did use .5% in the recipe. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Kenna

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Thanks all. I thought maybe with it being so thick it was a regular VG flavor that got bottled wrong.

That little huh? I should know better than to use new-to-me flavors in a recipe first but...these things happen. lol I did use .5% in the recipe. Fingers crossed.

I haven't used it in any recipes yet but I have a few in my calculator that I plan to use it in as low as 0.2 and as high as 0.8 so I think you should be fine. What is the full recipe you put it in out of curiosity? I would love more ideas for recipes to use it in.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I haven't used it in any recipes yet but I have a few in my calculator that I plan to use it in as low as 0.2 and as high as 0.8 so I think you should be fine. What is the full recipe you put it in out of curiosity? I would love more ideas for recipes to use it in.
Thanks Fozzy, I hope it's fine! The recipe is completely untested, but you can have it if you want. A friend sent me some Drunken Custard (from that recipe site) and I like it but need to add stuff to it (currently pineapple). So I decided to riff on that without breaking the bank for an oak barrel, that I may or may not use ever again, and bought a few cheap oak spirals and steeped one (in a large tea brew bag) in a liter of my usual PG/VG/DW for 2 weeks AND use some flavors I have already. Mostly Inawera, but I often stray. So I mixed up this with the oak infused mix, and one in regular pg/vg/dw.
It's really just a vanilla custard type but I was thinking pear to go with if it's any good.

INW Vanilla Cream 2%
*INW Godfather .5%
RFSC Toasted .5%
*INW Marzipan .5%
INW Eggnog 1%
INW Custard 2.5%

*I was going to use Flavorah Bourbon here instead of Godfather (whiskey w/amaretto) and INW Amaretto instead of Marzipan but they're hiding. But almond this, almond that, so it's OK.

I'm giving it a week or so and I'll come back and let you know. I know it's not much RF at all, I don't have many. But I think there are enough RF's to sub for the INW.

VintageModMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2016
Just got these in the mail. Cake batter is a little dark...
040607ba0ba56eb105ef7bbf752dfecf.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016
Just got these in the mail. Cake batter is a little dark...
040607ba0ba56eb105ef7bbf752dfecf.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Haven't had time to try it yet but I ordered cake batter from them too and it is dark like yours so I'm guessing this is normal. I don't know what they use to make their flavors but vanilla extract is very dark so if they used that to get the flavor it only makes sense that it would be dark. Just an idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread