Status
Not open for further replies.

Coppercustomz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
NC Coast
www.numbejuice.com
I've tried the FA Anise "to weak"and TFA absinthe flavor " alcohol overkill" so I'm gonna give the TFA absinthe concentrate a try, I get a slight burn on the exhale from pluid tried to chalk it up to nicotine but that wasn't it... FA Black pepper, sounds crazy but seems to work & I'm talking about 1 or 2 drops per 5ml...murdocks probably LOL if he reads this one

Last edited:

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
This was the first time I used Horehound. I have to read the vendor descriptions a little more closely. That definitely is where the coolness is coming from.

I had no idea until I noticed it on their site, then others reported the coolness. Strange, I used to love the candy, but never thought it had any menthol in it.

d9mel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Spa City
--NOTICE-- I wrote down my recipies in my notebooks that have been caught in the throws of mid-terms and cannot find them ATM, any %'s are approximate, I'll repost later today with actual %'s when I get organized

just wanted to post a steeping update, really been digging these juices. Had to drop the absinthe to ~4%.

made a batch according to the OP, tasted like nyquil for a while but its leveling out and really sweetening up. the horehound is a little too much for me though

got wierd and made a batch with 15% mt.dew 2%smooth 4% absinthe 2% horehound. still has the citrus notes of mt.dew but the anise has completely filled the gaps in flavor, I always thought mt.dew had some good citrus notes but was lacking in body. horehound is still too much

*My favorite*
4%absinthe, 8%FA orange,4%TFA orange cream, 2%smooth, oddly enough 2%TFA bavarian cream... I think I added 5 drops orange to 15ml, the ink on my label got smeared
This is a good and plenty. the anise is a little strong, but the flavor literally coats your mouth, throat and nose. provides a tingle on the tongue and will take your breath away. VERY full bodied rock solid vape, I've actually been blending this with my blueberry xtra to give the blueberry body.

if yall are going to start using extract oils, I would recommend getting some triacetin based absinthe first.

the full bottle is asian RY4 that i put in the pic for an optic reference, all of the absinthe juices have turned cloudy

20130315_062935_zpsbb014d57.jpg

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
OK, I'll have to try FA black pepper. I can see where one would only want to use a couple of drops.

I've tried the FA Anise "to weak"and TFA absinthe flavor " alcohol overkill" so I'm gonna give the TFA absinthe concentrate a try, I get a slight burn on the exhale from pluid tried to chalk it up to nicotine but that wasn't it... FA Black pepper, sounds crazy but seems to work & I'm talking about 1 or 2 drops per 5ml...murdocks probably LOL if he reads this one

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Horehound is a member of the mint family. My great grandmother used to give me horehound candy when I had a sore throat.

I had no idea until I noticed it on their site, then others reported the coolness. Strange, I used to love the candy, but never thought it had any menthol in it.

Last edited:

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
Yeah, I researched the horehound and found out the herb is used for many medicinal remedies....including sore throat, cough, colds, and even asthma. Pretty cool all the uses for it. Even found recipes for cough medicine and cough drops. :)

I just couldn't take it in my mix, so I removed it from the ingredient list. May have to try it again at a lower percentage, like around 1-2%. I do think the orange cream is a nice touch that seams to give it some body, but after a good steep, the orange flavor is very muted. However, the lemon lime stills stands out.

Will have to try out more recipes when I get back from China. Leaving Sunday, won't be back until the end of may.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've been meaning to get back to playing with this recipe. I'm going to try some Hypno in the mix. I'm also thinking of upping the Orange a bit. I have also tried the original a day after mixing and now I'm vaping the last 3 mls. in an HH357. I went through 10 mls. and really didn't taste much of a change from 1 day, to a week, to 3.5 weeks. So I guess this is one you can vape right away with minimal steeping.

Hey PS, is the Orange Candy really sweet? Or is it more of a mellow Orange?

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
I'm thinking I might try a TFA Absinthe base with TFA orange candy and either a small amount of TFA horehound or mint candy. I bet that would taste delicious. :)

Where have you found TFA Orange Candy? I checked their site, and googles around a bit, but didn't see it anywhere.

Thanks!

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet... but I'm wondering if there's rootbeer in there. A lot of people detect a licorice flavor, slight wintergreen and vanilla flavor... All present in Rootbeer flavoring.

I've never even tried Pluid... so I don't know personally but I'm just going off the reviews and things I've seen

Uno mas

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Ok, here is my best mix so far....pluidesk.....not Pluid.....

Snipped...

20 drops Absinthe
10 drops Lemon/Lime
10 drops Orange Cream
5 drops Smooth

Either way...this is tasting great right now! :D I know I don't have it, doubt anyone will ever be able to. But this is good either way!

Guess I'm a month (or so) behind, all the way back from page 4, I finally got a chance to mix this up today...

My percentages were:

Absinthe w/s (TFA) 10%
Lemon-Lime (TFA) 5%
Orange Cream (TFA) 5%
Smooth (TFA) 2%

Looking forward to giving it a try next weekend if I can wait that long, wife said it smells like cough syrup, geeze cough syrup?, really?, anyway guess that's what I get when I say smell this :D

I have not had the opportunity to try the real deal, so I'm simply following this thread hoping to see the project progress and at a minimum, a decent vape (odd can be good too) in the end...

Hope this continues to move forward :)

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
Love that Uno, I do it all the time to people!!

"Here, smell this" or "Here, taste this" :D The last one's the best :) I have a friend that Licorice/Anise tastes like Chocolate to them, it's soo funny to see and hear someone say that! Hoping to give them chocolate soon to see if they taste licorice :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread