Reo clone query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
From what Ben85 said he has switched the entire centre pin including the adjustment screw from a genuine Reo 510 connector, leaving the negative outer part of the clones 510 in place.

@Ben85 did you do any voltage drop tests before and after the modifications? just wondering how much of a difference there is?

That would have been really helpful of me ey - oops.
Have some pics instead...
xpd577.jpg

314w4dg.jpg

14lilae.jpg

Reactions: LarryPer

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I didn't bother even using the guts that came with my SKU 2760500. I kept them for emergencies as a back-up to the other 9 back-up sets of guts that I got.

I received it, broke it all down and proceeded to clean and paint. From wherever you get it, it is really nice in that it is easy to completely break it down. After the paint, I just assembled it and had the tires aligned. I thought it was a wet cinder block, but someone said granite. Anyway, it was nice and rough so I could grab it easily. I did put two clear coat layers on it for protection and that took about 1/3 of the roughness away. I am happy.

It and my "original" plus 6 toppers are a part of my vape-apocalypse survival kit. As someone said, a CREO.

Granite.jpg

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
It is just press fit. Just push it upwards out of the body.

BTW, everything internal swapped out very easily. No modification was needed.
You didn't have to mod the hole for the button? I replaced my button with an authentic so i could use the metal cap,but i had to make the hole just a little bigger.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I didn't bother even using the guts that came with my SKU 2760500. I kept them for emergencies as a back-up to the other 9 back-up sets of guts that I got.

I received it, broke it all down and proceeded to clean and paint. From wherever you get it, it is really nice in that it is easy to completely break it down. After the paint, I just assembled it and had the tires aligned. I thought it was a wet cinder block, but someone said granite. Anyway, it was nice and rough so I could grab it easily. I did put two clear coat layers on it for protection and that took about 1/3 of the roughness away. I am happy.

It and my "original" plus 6 toppers are a part of my vape-apocalypse survival kit. As someone said, a CREO.

View attachment 573715
That looks great.What method did you use to paint it?The paint was chipping on mine,so i scuffed it and repainted,but the new paint started chipping back off in less than a week.I've heard aluminum is harder to get paint to stick to.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Just to note, this mod cost me a total of $77 including shipping to me here in the UK. If I wanted the genuine Reo version of exactly what I have (which would be exactly what I have but with a different alloy case and delrin piece) I'd have to pay $195 plus good old customs charges. I am not saying that the genuine is not worth the money, but I could not justify paying over $118 more for nigh on the same performing mod.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Just to note, this mod cost me a total of $77 including shipping to me here in the UK. If I wanted the genuine Reo version of exactly what I have (which would be exactly what I have but with a different alloy case and delrin piece) I'd have to pay $195 plus good old customs charges. I am not saying that the genuine is not worth the money, but I could not justify paying over $118 more for nigh on the same performing mod.
That was my exact same thought.I swapped out the contact,spring,and button on mine and am still at less than $60 in it.Really the only reason i even swapped the spring was because i collapsed the original one,otherwise i would not of even changed it,and only reason for the button swap was because i wanted to put the aluminum button cover on it haha.

Reactions: Ben85

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Actually, in the last few months there have been several "authentic" grands that have sold for $100 or less in the classies. Both from here in the US and abroad...

Reactions: puffon

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
That looks great.What method did you use to paint it?The paint was chipping on mine,so i scuffed it and repainted,but the new paint started chipping back off in less than a week.I've heard aluminum is harder to get paint to stick to.
Sand it with a low grit. Make it rough. Also, the sealant probably helps to hold paint together. I can tell that my hand will rub certain spots quicker. Just where I hold it.

Reactions: b.m.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Actually, in the last few months there have been several "authentic" grands that have sold for $100 or less in the classies. Both from here in the US and abroad...

This is true. But unless they come with an aluminium button and heavy duty contact, I'd be adding $35 to that price, and it would be used. That's still a lot more just so I can claim it's genuine.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I've seen some come with buttons, firing pins, springs, bottles, atty's, rebuild kits, and other various items... It would depend on the ad as they pop up. I have seen some listed with extra items and sold for unimaginable prices. You would have to become verified to look in the classies to even see them though.

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
San Diego CA
I will post pics tomorrow, but my clone has had a few upgrades today including;

Genuine Reo adjustable pin (now has reverse threading)
Genuine Reo Spring contact (and surface underneath stripped and polished)
Genuine Reo heavy duty contact
Genuine Reo bottle and tube kit
Genuine Reo button and aluminium button cap
LP conversion all painted in Matt black.

Using a velocity mini on it and I am dead chuffed with it. All of the Reo goodness for a fraction of the price (sorry Reo fans!).

How do you like the velocity?

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I like it with a really low build or high watts, but on this it sucks if I am honest. Need another rda really.
That's exactly what i was thinking.Some people love the velocity on a mech,but in my opinion you just can't put enough power to it with a mech to get a good vape from it.

Reactions: Ben85
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread