Status
Not open for further replies.

zodduska

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
Illinois
The above Video is ridiculous.
It is possible to blow voluminous vape on a under powered Atomizer.

I've made my own video below and shown how I can make as much vape on an
1.1 rba at 20 watts around 4.6v and a 1.1 Atomizer at 7 Watts 3.4V [Under powered to me]

The difference was the temperature of the Vape.

All I've asked from the Reo Fan Boys is that they prove or disprove my test that the Reo Grand at .5Ohm
drops 1-1.2V, they blow a lot of vape with subjective opinions but not one of them has come out with
anything scientific to disprove my test.

Watch Video below and laugh at us both.

Even if there was a 1 volt drop on a REO with a fresh battery that puts it around 3.2 volts, with a .6ohm coil that's nearly 17 watts. I wouldn't call that a cool vape by any means. Check your Science.

josho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
CA
Hold on.

a .5ohm coil @ 20 watts on the DNA20 bogger box would be putting out 6.3Amps of load. The DNA20 maxes out at 6Amps, which would be more like 18 watts, not 20. edit: that answers that, it actually took watching more than 2 minutes to figure out he doesn't use his bogger box on subohms, so apparently it fails even more at subohm vaping.

And with a claim about getting 23 watts out of the bogger box... isn't the DNA20 maxed out at 20W? So much inconsistent info. Do you trust the vendor or trust the guy on youtube? *snicker* looks to me like someone's inline tester isn't very accurate.

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Hold on.

a .5ohm coil @ 20 watts on the DNA20 bogger box would be putting out 6.3Amps of load. The DNA20 maxes out at 6Amps, which would be more like 18 watts, not 20. edit: that answers that, it actually took watching more than 2 minutes to figure out he doesn't use his bogger box on subohms, so apparently it fails even more at subohm vaping.

And with a claim about getting 23 watts out of the bogger box... isn't the DNA20 maxed out at 20W? So much inconsistent info. Do you trust the vendor or trust the guy on youtube? *snicker* looks to me like someone's inline tester isn't very accurate.
HI Josho if you had watched the Video you would have seen that the unit tested was a VV Bogger Box and not a DNA20D Bogger Box.

If you had watched the Video you would have seen that I stated the VV Bogger Box failed at .5 Ohm but it left the Reo Grand in the dust at 1 Ohm.

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Even if there was a 1 volt drop on a REO with a fresh battery that puts it around 3.2 volts, with a .6ohm coil that's nearly 17 watts. I wouldn't call that a cool vape by any means. Check your Science.
The reason why I put my measurements in the Video is that people can look at them and say. Hey I don't mind that, or that's fine for me.

To those who haven't watched the Video I'll make it easy.
On a .5 Ohm RBA with a full battery.

The Reo showed between 3.03 and 3.09V
that's a 1.1 to 1.17v drop under load

The K100
a .57V Voltage drop.

K100 bought for $25.00 from Fasttech
k100_5ohm.JPG
Reo Grand
Reo_5Ohm.JPG

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
The problem is that batteries don't stay fully charged.
Below are results from a battery at 3.8V again the REO is more than .50 under
a cheap Mechanical Mod.

This is the last post I'll make on this thread. Except to say. Watch the video and you'll see the tests were fair.
I have an opinion and my opinion is backed by the numbers. If you enjoy vaping at the numbers that are shown in the Video, or prize the Reo Grand for other reasons [listed in the video] than by all means ignore it.

I will say that I'm not ranting but I sure am disgusted by how mean these posts are. Any reasonable person would watch that video and see that it's fair. As much good was said about the Reo as bad, but seems no one is paying attention to it.

K100 @ 3.23V
k100_38bat.JPG

Reo Grand @ 2.72V
REO_38bat.JPG

josho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
CA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Personal attacks not permitted

josho