Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I know this is subjective, but mine felt cheap compared to a real Reo, it was much lighter for sure. The door didn't fit well - even though it had magnets it was more of a "jam" fit. To me that means that the Creo was not as closely machined, if it was machined at all (vs being cast). And the push button wobbled terribly. On top of that the push button wouldn't accept a Reo button cover - not a huge deal but I have button covers on all of my Reos.

Some would say that none of these things are earth-shattering but there is definitely a difference, and anyone that thinks the clone is a fair representation of the original is badly mistaken.

Having said that - it's a good way to try squonking in the Reo form factor as long as the user understands that with a genuine Reo it only gets better. And I am not downplaying the fact that some folks would otherwise not be able to afford the Reo experience, nor am I passing judgement on clones or anyone that buys them (I do) - just saying that a Creo ain't a Reo. I own clones that are indistinguishable from the authentic item, or very close, but when you have both of these side by side the difference is obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben85
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread