REO (or other mech squonker)....all that is really needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I've never been much into the hobby aspect. Back when shipments were getting confiscated in late 2009/early 2010, my mindset shifted to preservation, only wanting devices that I could fix myself if need be. vaping worked for me, and I wasn't about to let anyone take it away. The REO fit the bill perfectly, an industrial-strength device that I could repair myself, and I was already sold on bottom-feeders. I got one of the first Mini run and one of the first Grand run. I added more over time, and have 9 REO's. And the advent of rebuildable atomizers was an incredible boon - I did watch this with great interest. Over the years I bought a few other devices, tanks, etc. and they've all mostly been "meh". I did buy 4 Coppervape bottom-feeders this year, as they fit my criteria, and the price was too good to pass up - I've been very pleased with them. Between those and the REO's, and a bunch of BF atties, I'm set for several lifetimes.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
While it's true that all you really need is one or two mechanical mods and you will be covered for decades most people do not think that way .
If you're in it for the long haul, "two is one and one is none". Mechanical mods can and do fail/break.

That said, one of the reasons I've settled on mechanical bottom-feeding mods is the ease of maintenance and repairability if/when they do break. But I still have backup mods and an inventory of spare parts. :)

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I got myself a REO for my first vaperversary almost 3 years ago and looooved it. Kinda like chips, couldn't have just one. Plus, the maker was here, they're made in the US...no chasing time zones and language barriers. But I also like regulated and was pretty excited when the reg squonkers started coming out. Sure, they'll fail at some point, but I'm not worried about it.
Got a Coppervape recently and was pleasantly surprised. Really nice kit for the money. I still have a bit *cough or a lot cough*of shinyitis when it comes to small or reduced chamber BF attys.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
All's good friend... We've gotten at least an inch so far today. Hows it up in your neck of the woods?

Glad to hear all is well! We have gotten a couple of inches and still going. We often get a little more than other areas. According to my snow plow guy, there is a few mile radius in the NW Burbs that has its own little weather pattern going...that is where we sit :)

cadman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
Reo P67 and Loki Labs Odin V2, pretty much bulletproof....

Attachments

• 20170215_095823.jpg
    20170215_095823.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 65

DoubleDZA

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
When I started vaping I was messing around with a ego pens, iStick 20w, ce4's and protank style tanks and hated the frailness of the devices, it wasn't like a pack of smokes for me, easy, never fails, unless you run out lol

So I did some research looking for a hassle free setup, which brought me to mech mods and rdas. This still 'put me off' at first because dripping wasn't as convenient as compared to a RTA or RTDA or even a pack of smokes...fail, again.

Then one day I saw a local forum member's Reo and it clicked straight away, EPIC!! The Reo was the answer I was looking for, a device that was simple to use, compact, convenient and robust. Winner :thumb:

Ive been vaping on Reo's for 2 years strong and no worries in sight, so to answer your question, the transition was a breeze for me :thumbs:

While I am content on my main every day devices, I do still look out for tube mechs and RDA's to feed the hobbyist in me :lol:

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    Getting just a reo is a great idea.
    They hold thier value and will probably always be considered a collectible.
    Theyre not inexpensive but at the same time they're not the cost of a new set of tires like some squonk mods.
    If I would have got reomods instead of disposable at least I could recover at least half easily of what I spent but like most people I want it now and at less cost as possible.

Reactions: gnees

fido5150

Apr 28, 2013
    United States
    I'm approaching four years in vaping, and recently got the squonk bug. I now own a Reo Grand, paired with an Origen Little 16 clone and couldn't be happier.

I've been using a tube mech of some kind, with a dripper, up until about a year ago when I picked up a regulated eVic mini box, and that sold me on the box style.

I guess it was a natural progression into squonking from there. Now that I've gotten the O-16 dialed in I'm really liking being able to vape like I'm dripping without having to drip. This rocks.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    The Clock Barrens, Fillory
    Did you notice? Vapinart has your favorite tank in stock.

Hi there! Thank you for thinking of me, but that price is much too high. I just bought two, from two different vendors, for a total less than Vapinart is charging for one. I think that brings me up to five tanks, so I'm set. ;)

I haven't bought any new vape gear in over a year, but lately have been enjoying the clearance pages. Last night I was vaping a Magma on a Poldiac - Go Retro!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread