REO (or other mech squonker)....all that is really needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Last night I was vaping a Magma on a Poldiac - Go Retro!

Aaahhh! Oldies but goodies. I really think the Poldi is the best side-button mech ever made. A Magma doesn't breathe freely enough to please me, but I do love me some Poldiac. I have one with all three tubes-- don't ask me why I have three tubes, I have never owned a 500 battery-- and I do love it. I wish MMV still made tube mechs. I think they could sell all the Poldis they could make.

Reactions: gnees

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Aaahhh! Oldies but goodies. I really think the Poldi is the best side-button mech ever made. A Magma doesn't breathe freely enough to please me, but I do love me some Poldiac. I have one with all three tubes-- don't ask me why I have three tubes, I have never owned a 500 battery-- and I do love it. I wish MMV still made tube mechs. I think they could sell all the Poldis they could make.

I think the Poldiac is the best looking of all the side-button mechs, all the others at the time reminded me of plumbing fixtures. The only thing I don't like about it is that the floating connection pin is very sensitive and I have to fiddle with it sometimes. I have the same issue with the Gus Kiss QE. The workhorse of my tube mechs is the odd little bOd Mecha byLeo. (It's the one on the right.)

Gus_Kiss_bOd.jpg

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I agree. A REO is a must have device!

It is ?

Well i would hate to be the one without a "must have" device , problem is price is too steep , what are the chances of you helping me out with this must have item ?

Right now i have a total of eighteen dollars & fourteen cents , sixteen dollar bills in paper currency, with two dollars made up of three quarters the rest are dimes and nickels and the fourteen cents is all pennies .

Will wait for your response.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
It amazes me that so many think the Reo Grand is such an expensive device!! It was put to me this way when I was shopping around for a new device 3yrs ago...

When I was smoking I went through a carton and a half of cigarettes per week. Cartons at the time, (2011), cost in the $70-80 range here in Illinois so my habit was costing me on average of lets just round it off to $100 /week... That in turn is $5200 /year or $433 /month... So with this philosophy, a Reo Grand brand new at that time was about $140 so if I saved my money for just 2 weeks I would have enough money to easily purchase one, which I did, and my vape journey had forever changed at that moment...

Fast forward 3yrs from the original purchase and as of Jan 9th, this year, I am no longer vaping and have Rob @ Reos Mods to thank for helping me attain my goal which started on Feb 15, 2011 which was to never have the desire to smoke or vape anymore.

I have no doubt in my mind that this achievement would never had been attained if I had to rely on the cheap disposable devices that are selling today like the Coppervape, Geekvape, Steam Crave, Pico Squeeze, HCigar, Kanger, and the remaining throwaway device available today... The Reo Grand is what kept me from buying other devices to try and satisfy my habit and for the 1st time in my journey, I was able to see a savings in what I was spending on vaping!!

The #1 answer in almost any post on this forum when someone asks another why they chose to buy a throwaway device vs. a Reo is... "who cares if it works out, it only cost $30"!! In the mean time they went through 10 different $30 devices in a years time and still haven't found the one device that will satisfy them 100% and the end result is they actually have put out more money than if they had bought the Reo in the beginning!! I learned at an early age you can't fix stupid!!

So for someone to give me the song and dance that they can't afford a quality device such as the Reo Grand or other Reo devices, I call bull:censored: !! They're just fooling themselves!!

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
If you're short on cash, I hear the Coppervape's are also very good with a couple of tweaks. I may actually pick one up as a backup to my Reo.
You really shouldn't have to tweak a brand new device... Thats part of the point. If the vendor really cared like Rob does, you shouldn't have to do anything to the device unless you really want to...not because you have to!!

The Coppervape is a disposable / throw away device and anyone that thinks otherwise has no idea of what they really need in vape gear and are fooling themselves. They might as well just go out and get an eGo with a mini tank if they don't care about their vape at all!!

Reactions: TraderX

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
You really shouldn't have to tweak a brand new device... Thats part of the point. If the vendor really cared like Rob does, you shouldn't have to do anything to the device unless you really want to...not because you have to!!

The Coppervape is a disposable / throw away device and anyone that thinks otherwise has no idea of what they really need in vape gear and are fooling themselves. They might as well just go out and get an eGo with a mini tank if they don't care about their vape at all!!
Funny, haven't had to tweak my Coppervape & don't even know what you mean by that statement. I own 5 Reo's and my Coppervape is as good or better than them. When it's all said and done, they're both made out of metal with contacts in them to fire an atty, only real difference is the price....

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Because I wanted to!! Not because I had to!! A standard Reo from Rob vapes great just as a stock unit. No alterations need to be made at all, that is again, unless you want to...
Rob must make Coppervapes on the side then....

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Because I wanted to!! Not because I had to!! A standard Reo from Rob vapes great just as a stock unit. No alterations need to be made at all, that is again, unless you want to...
    Right, I have 5 REOs.
    Haven't had to make any alterations to my CVs ethier.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    Over the years I have had many different regulated mods...they have come and gone... they have broke or been sold to upgrade to the latest features (TC and whatever). Yet I don't use half the stuff on there and just use wattage mode... I don't need all the power, I use mainly MTL RTAs.. that got me thinking... about mech mods and there durability for the long haul... DNA squonker is around the same pice of a Reo give or take and it seams that it will last for years with no board and I can fix it myself if needed... the same for tube mech mods... I've started the journey into simplicity of the mech. The Reo sound like a good choice for the squonker and a few more tube mechs (diff sizes) and... then I should be all set for mods in the long haul..... faze out the regulated mods!!

See what I did right there! I just gave myself a perfect excuse to expand my vape collection! Who am I kidding a couple of mechs thats all I will need...... like the OP said, until I see the new shinny one that will match perfect with my new atty... but seriously, I like the idea of having a mod that I can look and feel the quality of it and its features that's what you get with a mech.... with a regulated device I dont really know what's going on inside it... if it starts tweeking out or auto firing one day its basically totaled and time for the bin..

Reactions: Rossum
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread