REO (or other mech squonker)....all that is really needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I have several REOs. They are my most absolute vapocalypse stash.

I have had fun collecting other stuff. My old stuff from before variable voltage became common. My Provaris. And lots of cheap fun stuff. It's nice to have variety. It's nice to have VV/VW so I don't have to build quite so precisely.

But, in the end, it's the REOs that reassure me that I can vape no matter what our government does.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
Just dropped my Inbox and now useless (does not read Atty), only time I dropped it,and it was on a carpeted floor...Must have drop my daily REO numerous times (on much harder surfaces), brush them off, and still works as ever. That's why my REO's will always be there for me and will probably outlast me too!!

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I started with reos several years ago. I went from reos to tmods to sunboxes to CC's to LBC's....With a couple unobtainable mods mixed in. I liked the regulated stuff for awhile. At one point, I had 8 reos and sold all but 1.
What I'd give to have the other 7 back. The cc is definitely the class of the field, but for under $200, you simply can't beat a REO. Slowly but surely, I've been snagging the ones I can find. Usually under $100. No brainer.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
I don't think there is any one size fits all solution in vaping. We all have different priorities.

BUT

I adopted the low tech approach to vaping a couple of years ago.

I can easily get the vape I want out of a single battery mech squonker.

I decided that for me, robust and reliable were more important than the all the bells and whistles of some of the more up to date kit. I just don't need temp control, 250W or a puff counter

I can live with the gradual drop off in vapour volume and heat through out my day, but I can't be doing with a mod that either works erratically or stops altogether if I knock it over, drop it, or spill a little juice.

Out of all of the setups I have tried in the last 5 years a mech squonker is the most reliable and hassle free solution.

All that is required most days is a fresh battery and topping up the juice. About once a week I give the mod, bottle and tube and atty a wash through and change the wick. Once a month I remove the button and spring etc and give it a proper clean and wind a fresh coil.

The only thing I have had to replace on the mod in two years is one hot spring due to a short. Not too shoddy for a mod that gets used from 6 AM to 11PM all day every day. I don't even bother to carry a backup mod with me anymore as I have never needed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread