SW Florida

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Ahoy fright,

I'm not sure if it's an altitude thing for you or not. Like I said earlier for me it seems like condensation. If I hold my Destroyer up to the light without any atty in it and with the door off. I noticed that the wood is very transparent on that side. I was thinking of opening up this area as a way to maybe get some more air in the inset. I'm not sure if that will work or not since it will be behind the door but atleast itwill not change the look of the Destroyer in any way. Here's a pic of what I mean.

That area is open on mine and is where the juice leaks into the mod. If you aren't having juice leak into the compartment I wouldn't advise opening it up.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy! Is everyone having a good Labor day? Hope so!

Yet another rainy day here in central Florida ... will it never end??

I'm doing paperwork today and finally got that Destroyer40 on the website and also put the few Mods I have available on sale for today.

Also, here is a little post to maybe help a few people trying to find RDA's that can be converted to bottom feeding as our choice of ready made bottom feeding RDA's is limited. I got these from Fasttech this year.

If the post can just be pushed out from the top, then putting in a feed channel with a dremel and cutting wheel is pretty easy. Drilling a feed hole through the center of the pin - not so easy.

The following were not quite as simple but I still managed to put in a feed channel;

The one below is beyond me, I don't see how I can convert it so it will remain a simple RDA.

Have a great day all!

Oh yeah, here is a picture of the Destroyer... CTM and Marblewood. Pretty one isn't it. Sorry I took so long to get it posted.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
So I just got another option running but it takes some modification. I bought a Velocity Mini from FT then I went to Avid Vaper and bought a bf pin for the full size authentic Velocity. It works however the feed hole is really high so I recommend grinding it down a bit so that your bottle will suck up excess juice which I forgot to do. Also the screw is a little different from the original so it sticks out quite far so I grounded off the excess however doing this grinded off the screw channel so it can't be removed once you do this.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
So I just got another option running but it takes some modification. I bought a Velocity Mini from FT then I went to Avid Vaper and bought a bf pin for the full size authentic Velocity. It works however the feed hole is really high so I recommend grinding it down a bit so that your bottle will suck up excess juice which I forgot to do. Also the screw is a little different from the original so it sticks out quite far so I grounded off the excess however doing this grinded off the screw channel so it can't be removed once you do this.

I like the looks of that Velocity, I had not noticed it before. I might order one next time I use FT. You think it would be possible to just grind a thin feed slot along the length of the center screw?

Found 10 velocity mini at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Reactions: BENTHOS

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

Man, that one has a big-... drip tip on it, like some others I've seen. I don't suppose a 510 drip tip could wiggle into the opening?

I do like the post setup though, nice and wide and easy to setup.

------

On a side note, I've been experimenting with different coil builds and have kinda stopped at either dual micro coil, or dual twisted pair coils around .5 ohms. Vaping around 13 to 14 watts seems to be the new sweet spot. I get just as good flavor as my previous 2 ohm single coils with the added benefit of MUCH more vapor. I have begun to see what the advantages of higher watts at lower resistance are giving.

I've tried some of the more complex coil builds, but they don't seem to improve the vaping experience and are a bugger to make.

Have a great weekend me 'earties, arrrr!

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Ahoy all. Just thought I would drop in and post my thoughts on 2 of the attys I posted.
I got the Velocity about a week ago and the Vortice 2 days ago. I built them both with 26 awg titanium the Velocity was .20 and the Vortice was .21 ohms. For building I found the Velocity slightly easier because it has 2 holes for each the positive and negative. This allowed me to mount the coils one at a time and make sure they were positioned well. Not that the Vortice was hard but I had to fiddle with it slightly more to get the coils positioned after tightening the screws. As for the vape the Velocity is warmer but I think the Vortice has better flavor and a stronger throat hit. However there is very little vapor production out of the Vortice so I feel more satisfied from the Velocity.

That said I do like both attys. I think the Velocity will probably live on my Cutlass and I will break out the Vortice when I want to try new flavors or just vape a bit differently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread