Status
Not open for further replies.

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
Awesome FB, she sure is a beauty! What ohm coil are you running on there?

As for a caddy, the single RSM coffee table holder is what I use for my in use mod by my computer. No cup holder with it but it keeps my RSM's upright like a boss :D

I would think some kind of stain for the caddy Chet. I had an identical one I gifted my buddy along with my 5.1 that he slapped some stain on. No photos but it does look really nice.

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
Cappy said with the beefed up guts of the HD it can handle 8 amps which would be a .525 ohm coil. This beauty will be at home vape and the grands will be my out and about units. The new button and beryllium copper upgrade kit should fix the Grand for sub ohming.

I hope so. I usually only build 0.8-1.0 ohms but I had to go so low on the reo to get the hit I wanted.

Unless it's my DNA 20 cutlass. I build that at 1.8ohms and it hits like a beast at 16.5watts. I need to get some of the Sony 30amp 18650's and see if I can't get better battery life. I have to pull my Panny's at 3.9v due to the voltage sag :p

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I left a review and noticed a problem with your site. If you look at mods for sale, there is a link for Mod reviews, but when you click it, it takes you to blank page. People looking might not figure out that the link in the menu on the left does work and takes you to the reviews.

Ahh, I see what I did. Fixed! Thank a bunch for letting me know about it :)

I just came back from across the border picking up my cutlass 5.1, and wow right out of the box I can see you did a lot of work on it. New firing button, new wiring, new battery tabs, new regulator, new coats of finish, and even new feed bottles. And a surprise gift.. a mini RSM Caddy!
Thanks so much Brian for the such a wonderful work and the generous gift.
What did you do to it to make it so silky smooth like this? It just feels so nice on my hand.

My two and half year old 'lass is back to its brand new state!

arrrrrrr... :)

I guess just having the dings and dents of use sanded off and some new finish makes it feel like a new one again, glad you approve of the work. I wanted to do a good job for ya, arrr.

by the way, what should I put on the caddy for finish, to make the RSM logo stand out more and make the whole thing darker or for more texture?

I think that one is made out of curly maple? I didn't make many of those because of the expense. I bet a light coat of Howards feed n wax would be enough to seal it up against accidental spills, or just leave it plain.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
i modify my grand buttons to stop them melting. For my RSMs i keep all my coils at about 1.3Ω and then ramp the wattage up as far as it'll go. It's the same greediness on display, just in reverse!

I run orbtronics in a lot of my gear - usually pd2900s in stuff Cappy has made; they last for days. In mechanicals i use sx30s, but that is because there are no electronics to save me from myself.

HRH likes to vape at about 1.5Ω, so she really doesn't care about any of this - she wants nice looking mods that are reliable, which is how i lost my Cruiser.

T

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Good afternoon crew!

Sitting here at the car dealership getting my car worked on. They got me sitting right next to a sweet camaro zl1 super charged that they won't let me test drive to kill time :(

Got the day off work so there's a small victory!

They are probably afraid this will happen

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
I snagged a RSM on the classies! :banana::banana::banana: I'm SO excited! Is it okay to use teak oil on the wood and if not could someone recommend what would be good to use on her to clean her up a bit? Thanks so much for info.

Oh, it is a Mark 8 Dreadnaught. I just ordered a pair of 16340 protected batteries from RTD. This is my first bottom feeder too. Can you tell I'm a little bit excited? I am I am :)

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
I snagged a RSM on the classies! :banana::banana::banana: I'm SO excited! Is it okay to use teak oil on the wood and if not could someone recommend what would be good to use on her to clean her up a bit? Thanks so much for info.

Oh, it is a Mark 8 Dreadnaught. I just ordered a pair of 16340 protected batteries from RTD. This is my first bottom feeder too. Can you tell I'm a little bit excited? I am I am :)

Congrats debinnv! It's a darn fine looking lass at that! You'll pick up bottom feeding in no time.

Teak oil should be ok I would think. Try a bit of it on the inside of the door panel first to make sure it'll work ok. Many of us use Howard's feed n' wax if the teak oil doesn't pan out.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy, HHD! (happy hump day)

Welcome aboard debinnv, hope you enjoy the bottom feeder and waho has already steered you on the correct course for making it look pretty.

I personally have been using bottom feeders for almost 3 years now. Every time I try a tank or something else I find the hits too dry and go right back to a bottom feeder. I squonk it almost each hit so I get a very slight 'gurgle' when I vape. Nothing else gives me the wonderful wet hit like a BF does.

Have a great day all, arrr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread