Seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixRising

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Concord, NC USA
For those that have 801 or 901 devices as well - is the VK better than those, too?

Me thinks you are ignoring me and my VK utter devotion...LOL

And I yes, have those too, and a lady pipe, and yes - it is better than those as well! Let me count the ways:

1. Verses 510s = equal throat hit, equal warmth, bigger battery, more consistent vapor for longer

2. Verses 801 = warmer throat hit, battery lasts as long, cartomizers seem to hold as much juice w/o leaking all over the danged place

3. Verses 901 = equal flavor, samed size battery but it seems to last longer for some reason (I believe it is Steve's magic potion or something), and cartomizers last way longer than the carts

4. Lady pipe = same exact response as the 801, except the battery lasts longer (which makes sense since the attys and carts are pretty much the same as the 801)

Did I mention my utter devotion? Now that I think of it, you probably should ignore me as I have been drinking and vaping again...:p

5. No, Steve is not paying me - though he probably should - in cartomizers...oh wait, he already throws in extras...:D

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
One question I didn't see addressed was the cost factor of tossing all of those cartomizers? That's the only drawback I see of cartomizers? What if you have a full cart and the atty part of it goes? seems like a waste or am I misunderstanding?

The cost is higher than other PV's, but the carts are refillable. If you can get 3 or 4 or 5 refills out of it the cost comes down. The selling points for the VK are flavor, throat hit, and convenience.

~Gazoo~

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
South Carolina
One question I didn't see addressed was the cost factor of tossing all of those cartomizers? That's the only drawback I see of cartomizers? What if you have a full cart and the atty part of it goes? seems like a waste or am I misunderstanding?

Well that's one reason I ordered from Steve. If I were to get a bad cartomizer I know he would replace it. I have read many of the threads in this section of the forum...he has replaced faulty stuff in the past including cartomizers free of charge. You will have no worries here...:D

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
OK, my husband is needing something with more throat hit and to be able to get e really good menthol flavor. I'm shopping for something else to try for him. I'm happy with the 510 vapor, Nhale liquid and throat hit, but it does need to be constantly topped off.

Jen talks about the flavor, but wouldn't that be more the juice and less the device? Doesn't it get expensive having to by cartomizers all of the time? I've been using the same two attys and bottle of Nhale for over 2 weeks now - I couldn't see having to buy cartomizers all of the time and only getting 3 or so refills?

Are the cartomizers filled with Nobacco juice or prefilled at the factory?

And what makes the VK function any differently than the 510? Bigger battery? Larger carts? What?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's nice to have someone who has both and maybe can describe the difference?

I wish I could tell you WHY, but I really don't know. I will tell you this - the regular battery lasted maybe just a tad longer then my titan 510 mega battery lasted. The draw on the VK is a bit lighter than the draw on the 510, just a little lighter then I like (although the draw on the passthrough seems to be perfect) so I tend to put my fingers lightly over the vents where the battery connects to the atomizer. I am getting used to the draw however, and sometimes don't bother. I wasn't sure how I would like an auto battery, but I like it! Steve has just come out with manual batteries so I will definately give those a try too and see how they compare.

The vapor produced seems to be a bit less than the 510, but perhaps it just disappates more quickly. If I hold it in for longer time then usual almost none comes out, but that is fine with me.

The problem I had with the 510 is that after two or three successive hits I got nothing! The only thing that made the 510 work for me was Drews wonderful juice which I tended to top off the cart and one drop on the atty so I could get a hit. Drews juice is great, and I would have hated the 510 without it. The carts didn't seem to last at all, and I was constantly dropping more juice on the cart and atty. I mean almost all the time, I even carried the juice with me.

With the VaporKing, I have not once added juice to the cart. Last night, I put in a Marlboro 16mg cart and resolved to just vape that. I wanted to see how long these carts actually last. I smoked it some last night, and have been smoking the same one all day today and it is still going strong. Taste may be going just a bit, but still a nice solid throat hit on every draw.

Another comparison. With the 510, if I took 3 consecutive hits, that was about all it was good for. After that no throat hit and the atty would be very hot. Just now - with a 16mg atty that I have been puffing on off and on last night and all day today I took 15 consecutive hits. Nice throat hit each time and the cartomizer is warm but not hot.

The carts are factory filled, but I believe Steve has something to do with the specifications because he is always making them better. And yes, the carts are more expensive but you have to consider you will not be buying attys anymore, or messing with them, cleaning them, etc... These cartomizers can be filled 3 or 4 times before being tossed. My plan is to recap them with the caps I take off the new cart I put on and toss them into a cup or something, then once a week sit down and refill them all and reuse. I will probably reuse them once maybe twice before tossing them. Even using a fresh one each time is cheaper then analogs and they really last (I mean REALLY last) longer then the 510's that I was constantly adding drops to.

Just took another few hits off it, and the taste is definately still there as well as the throat hit. And speaking of tastes... OMG! I sampled a few tastes last night because I HAD to see how they were. The Peach was so sweet it was like eating a peach! Cappucino is killer! Even Drews flavors weren't as good on the 510. I am looking forward to putting some of Drew's juice in these babies because I have a feeling it will be awesome!

As I said, I am getting great throat hits off the 16mgs - more so then I got from the 24mgs on the 510. I really think you guys need to try this one out. I am soooo happy with it!

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Thanks Jen, that is helpful. Do you feel that vapor prodiced and thraot hit are not related then?

My issue is that we've been using the same two attys on our 510 for weeks now and they haven't failed yet, so I'm getting a lot of use out of my attys. Maybe I've just been lucky, because I read all of the time here how people are always having to replace their attys! Must just be a matter of time....

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Thanks Jen, that is helpful. Do you feel that vapor prodiced and thraot hit are not related then?

My issue is that we've been using the same two attys on our 510 for weeks now and they haven't failed yet, so I'm getting a lot of use out of my attys. Maybe I've just been lucky, because I read all of the time here how people are always having to replace their attys! Must just be a matter of time....

No, taste and throat hit are definately NOT related to vapor. They couldn't possibly be because as far as taste and throat hit, the VK has it all over the 510 in my opinion.

I just refilled the cart (my first time!!!!) with some of Drew's juice just to see how easy it was. It was very easy and I am puffing on it now (some leave them sit over night, but this is working fine for me.) It took me about a minute lol!

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Do you reefill from the battery end or take off the cap on the mouthpiece end? I understand it could be done either way with different results?

There is a video showing how to do it on the website, but believe me - it is simple! I don't believe dripping from the battery end is encouraged, I pried off the cap and gasket with one of the pick tools Drew sent me lol. Worked like a charm!

Did I mention it was easy??????? :D

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
OK, my husband is needing something with more throat hit and to be able to get e really good menthol flavor. I'm shopping for something else to try for him. I'm happy with the 510 vapor, Nhale liquid and throat hit, but it does need to be constantly topped off.

Jen talks about the flavor, but wouldn't that be more the juice and less the device? Doesn't it get expensive having to buy cartomizers all of the time? I've been using the same two attys and bottle of Nhale for over 2 weeks now - I couldn't see having to buy cartomizers all of the time and only getting 3 or so refills?

And what makes the VK function any differently than the 510? Bigger battery? Larger carts? What?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's nice to have someone who has both and maybe can describe the difference?

I totally typed up answers to these questions, then somehow got my cursor off the text and went to backspace..and lost the whole bloodly lot. I think I'll try again in the morning :/

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
OK, my husband is needing something with more throat hit and to be able to get e really good menthol flavor. I'm shopping for something else to try for him.

Then I'd definately recommend the Vapor King. Not only is it simpler to use, but the menthol is easily the closest copy of an analog I've ever tried. None of the other tobacco flavors really capture it like menthol does. Just about the last thing you want to be doing when youre having a nicotine fit is fiddle with your e-cig. The Vapor King is as plug and play as you want it to be. Due to the way the Vapor King vaporizes the liquid, it has not just *more* throat hit...but a *better* more realistic throat hit...more on that later.

I'm happy with the 510 vapor, Nhale liquid and throat hit, but it does need to be constantly topped off.

I'm not familliar with Nhale's products, but from my experience with a 901 and a 510, I can tell you that you're not alone there. Just about every other e-cig needs constantly topped off. The Vapor King doesn't need such troublesome, annoying maintenance, because the atomizer is never further away from the liquid than about 1/8th of an inch...more on *that* later.

Jen talks about the flavor, but wouldn't that be more the juice and less the device?
Nope! Amazingly enough, it's *how* the juice is vaporized...more on that later.

Doesn't it get expensive having to buy cartomizers all of the time?
That depends on how you define "expensive". a lot of busy people dont have the time to fool with constant 901/510/801 maintenance.

Busy salespeople, folks with an active lifestyle, new users who don't want to ruin their device while learning how to do the countless mods and maintenance bits required to keep it at top performance...performance that lasts 3-5 minutes before having to top a cart again.

If someone gets disgusted with all the stuff they have to do with a different type, and they throw it down in disgust and go back to analogs...how do you measure the "expense" then? In user lifespan?

I've been using the same two attys and bottle of Nhale for over 2 weeks now - I couldn't see having to buy cartomizers all of the time and only getting 3 or so refills?

Thats on the inside of the curve for a 901 atty. 510's last a shorter time usually, but not alot sorter. Typically a 510/901 atty's lifespan is estimated anywhere between two weeks to a couple of months or so, of course sometimes they last longer.

Once you learn when a cartomizer is getting low (the only learning curve the Vapor King has, really) and learn to properly fill them, cartomizer life is more like 6-10 refills. Sure you'll kill a few in the beginning, I challenge you to find someone who hasn't! Remember they're *meant* to be disposable. Disposable or not, however, they do last quite some time provided you stop and refill them when vapor production begins to flag, or the second you detect a "burnt" taste. Once you've used a few, you'll get the feel for when theyre about dry.

I never fail to get 5 or so refills, even when I'm being careless, and I normally get 10+. The only time I've had cartomizers up and die on me, is when I tried to use VG liquids in them, which are too thick usually and don't feed the cartomizer design properly as shipped. I'm sure someone could modify them to function in a Vapor King, but I like vaping, not working on my vape.

End of life for a cartomizer is defined as when it either has a burnt taste that refilling didn't do away with, or when it tastes funny due to all the partially vaporized fluid building up in the cart (brown liquid) At around 10 or 15 refills you start to detect it. Thats the main reason I toss them around 10. Some have success washing them, but I draw the line at washing a disposable cartomizer personally. As soon as I think the flavor might not be up to part, into the bin it goes.

It is my understanding that the cartomizers are filled at the factory with the same juice as is sold on the Vapor4life.com website. This would make sense as they come from the same supplier. Therefore the answer to both of your questions is yes!

Finally I can answer the questions I left hanging earlier:

Is it the battery that makes the Vapor King different? Not really, it does last lots and loads longer than a 510 battery, and about double if not a little more than a 901 battery. Honestly the battery isn't it, as a passthrough would resolve the 510/901/801 etc battery issues.

Larger carts? Well theyre considerably larger than a 901 or 510 in capacity, and probably on par with an 801..but no, cart capacity Isn't really the thing either.

What?: Ah ha! We've hit upon it! The question that opens the door to answer the entire mystery!

What makes the Vapor King different from the 901/510/801, etc etc is the cartridge design! The Vapor King utilizes a "through the cartridge" atomizer design which means that the juice is never more than about 1/8th of an inch from the atomizer.

Instead of a single hot point atomizing juice, a slender tube like atomizer runs through the length of the filler material...wicking juice, vaporizing it, and sending it on to the user while wicking more juice. When a Vapor King seems empty, it *is* empty... unlike a 510, which just wants to vape the first few drops while the rest of the juice hides at the back of the cart and hope's you dont notice it.

Because of this design, the atomizer is in constant contact with juice, and in a larger quantity. As a result it can vaporize more (bulk) juice faster, and the juice and airflow keep the atomizer fairly cool, comapred to other types.

Is it just the juice (asked above, gotten to now)?

Nope! It's *How* the juice is atomized! In a 510 or other e-cig type, the juice is wicked with a bit of braided metal wire or a wad of curiously steel wool looking material, then heated with a small coil of wire.

To get good vapor production the atomizer in these types has to get pretty darn hot. To get ample volume, it actually has to exceed the vaporization temperature of the PG in the liquid to atomize enough quantity to satisfy the users demand for vapor.

The Vapor King's "through the cartridge" design allows the liquid to be vaporized at a greatly reduced temperature, and as soon as it's vaporized, its on it's way...no hanging around getting incinerated by the atomizer. This changes the flavor of the juice. As an example; Dekang pineapple (Dekang is one of the primary juice manufacturers in china) when vaped in a 510 or 901 tastes like cooked pineapple...Pineapple upside-down cake would be a good comparison. That same juice vaped in a Vapor King tastes like a fresh pineapple chunk carved right from the pineapple. It's simply a matter of how the vaporization takes place and at what temperature.

Because the atomizer is never more than 1/8th of an inch from it's juice supply, the vapor production and flavor are consistant from drag to drag, instead of starting off weak (flooded) followed by fairly good vapor production and flavor, followed by weak and burnt (dry) of a 510/901/etc.

As a visual comparison; Imagine a large skillet on a tiny burner. The stuff in the middle gets hot, if not burnt, and the stuff around the edges is neglected, and my not even get cooked.

Now imagine a large skillet on an adequately large burner; even heading throughout. That's the Vapor King.

Never apologize for asking questions! You'll be adequately sorry when you see the wall of text I generally supply for an answer! HAHA!

If you have any other questions about the Vapor King or Vapor4life.com's customer service, always feel free to ask here, as most of us have a lot of experience with Steve and his crew.

In my honest opinion, the Vapor King is the best darn invention I've ever bought, and that includes that pizza pizzazz thingie I bought like 12 years ago that *finally* died...The previous "best damn invention ever" I owned.

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
kc I think you nailed it. Bravo sir. I, for one, appreciate the time it must have taken you to type that up, not once, but twice.

Then I'd definately recommend the Vapor King. Not only is it simpler to use, but the menthol is easily the closest copy of an analog I've ever tried. None of the other tobacco flavors really capture it like menthol does. Just about the last thing you want to be doing when youre having a nicotine fit is fiddle with your e-cig. The Vapor King is as plug and play as you want it to be. Due to the way the Vapor King vaporizes the liquid, it has not just *more* throat hit...but a *better* more realistic throat hit...more on that later.

I'm not familliar with Nhale's products, but from my experience with a 901 and a 510, I can tell you that you're not alone there. Just about every other e-cig needs constantly topped off. The Vapor King doesn't need such troublesome, annoying maintenance, because the atomizer is never further away from the liquid than about 1/8th of an inch...more on *that* later.

Nope! Amazingly enough, it's *how* the juice is vaporized...more on that later.

That depends on how you define "expensive". a lot of busy people dont have the time to fool with constant 901/510/801 maintenance.

Busy salespeople, folks with an active lifestyle, new users who don't want to ruin their device while learning how to do the countless mods and maintenance bits required to keep it at top performance...performance that lasts 3-5 minutes before having to top a cart again.

If someone gets disgusted with all the stuff they have to do with a different type, and they throw it down in disgust and go back to analogs...how do you measure the "expense" then? In user lifespan?

Thats on the inside of the curve for a 901 atty. 510's last a shorter time usually, but not alot sorter. Typically a 510/901 atty's lifespan is estimated anywhere between two weeks to a couple of months or so, of course sometimes they last longer.

Once you learn when a cartomizer is getting low (the only learning curve the Vapor King has, really) and learn to properly fill them, cartomizer life is more like 6-10 refills. Sure you'll kill a few in the beginning, I challenge you to find someone who hasn't! Remember they're *meant* to be disposable. Disposable or not, however, they do last quite some time provided you stop and refill them when vapor production begins to flag, or the second you detect a "burnt" taste. Once you've used a few, you'll get the feel for when theyre about dry.

I never fail to get 5 or so refills, even when I'm being careless, and I normally get 10+. The only time I've had cartomizers up and die on me, is when I tried to use VG liquids in them, which are too thick usually and don't feed the cartomizer design properly as shipped. I'm sure someone could modify them to function in a Vapor King, but I like vaping, not working on my vape.

End of life for a cartomizer is defined as when it either has a burnt taste that refilling didn't do away with, or when it tastes funny due to all the partially vaporized fluid building up in the cart (brown liquid) At around 10 or 15 refills you start to detect it. Thats the main reason I toss them around 10. Some have success washing them, but I draw the line at washing a disposable cartomizer personally. As soon as I think the flavor might not be up to part, into the bin it goes.

It is my understanding that the cartomizers are filled at the factory with the same juice as is sold on the Vapor4life.com website. This would make sense as they come from the same supplier. Therefore the answer to both of your questions is yes!

Finally I can answer the questions I left hanging earlier:

Is it the battery that makes the Vapor King different? Not really, it does last lots and loads longer than a 510 battery, and about double if not a little more than a 901 battery. Honestly the battery isn't it, as a passthrough would resolve the 510/901/801 etc battery issues.

Larger carts? Well theyre considerably larger than a 901 or 510 in capacity, and probably on par with an 801..but no, cart capacity Isn't really the thing either.

What?: Ah ha! We've hit upon it! The question that opens the door to answer the entire mystery!

What makes the Vapor King different from the 901/510/801, etc etc is the cartridge design! The Vapor King utilizes a "through the cartridge" atomizer design which means that the juice is never more than about 1/8th of an inch from the atomizer.

Instead of a single hot point atomizing juice, a slender tube like atomizer runs through the length of the filler material...wicking juice, vaporizing it, and sending it on to the user while wicking more juice. When a Vapor King seems empty, it *is* empty... unlike a 510, which just wants to vape the first few drops while the rest of the juice hides at the back of the cart and hope's you dont notice it.

Because of this design, the atomizer is in constant contact with juice, and in a larger quantity. As a result it can vaporize more (bulk) juice faster, and the juice and airflow keep the atomizer fairly cool, comapred to other types.

Is it just the juice (asked above, gotten to now)?

Nope! It's *How* the juice is atomized! In a 510 or other e-cig type, the juice is wicked with a bit of braided metal wire or a wad of curiously steel wool looking material, then heated with a small coil of wire.

To get good vapor production the atomizer in these types has to get pretty darn hot. To get ample volume, it actually has to exceed the vaporization temperature of the PG in the liquid to atomize enough quantity to satisfy the users demand for vapor.

The Vapor King's "through the cartridge" design allows the liquid to be vaporized at a greatly reduced temperature, and as soon as it's vaporized, its on it's way...no hanging around getting incinerated by the atomizer. This changes the flavor of the juice. As an example; Dekang pineapple (Dekang is one of the primary juice manufacturers in china) when vaped in a 510 or 901 tastes like cooked pineapple...Pineapple upside-down cake would be a good comparison. That same juice vaped in a Vapor King tastes like a fresh pineapple chunk carved right from the pineapple. It's simply a matter of how the vaporization takes place and at what temperature.

Because the atomizer is never more than 1/8th of an inch from it's juice supply, the vapor production and flavor are consistant from drag to drag, instead of starting off weak (flooded) followed by fairly good vapor production and flavor, followed by weak and burnt (dry) of a 510/901/etc.

As a visual comparison; Imagine a large skillet on a tiny burner. The stuff in the middle gets hot, if not burnt, and the stuff around the edges is neglected, and my not even get cooked.

Now imagine a large skillet on an adequately large burner; even heading throughout. That's the Vapor King.

Never apologize for asking questions! You'll be adequately sorry when you see the wall of text I generally supply for an answer! HAHA!

If you have any other questions about the Vapor King or Vapor4life.com's customer service, always feel free to ask here, as most of us have a lot of experience with Steve and his crew.

In my honest opinion, the Vapor King is the best darn invention I've ever bought, and that includes that pizza pizzazz thingie I bought like 12 years ago that *finally* died...The previous "best damn invention ever" I owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread