Should I let an ex-smoker use my vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jew_want_me

Aug 30, 2015
Here's some context: My friend quit smoking ~1 month ago. She saw my vape and insisted she would be fine to try it. I figured she knew it had nicotine (~4.5 mg) but as it turns out, she had no idea. She loved it when she used it, but we mutually decided she shouldn't use it anymore, lest she relapse onto cigarettes. Is it safe for her to use my vape?

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Just quitting cigs (for me) didn't solve all my smoking habits and issues. I do regularly vape zero nic and mostly 1 to 1.5 mg level now. The having something in the hand issue is also a mountain to climb (in my experience). I'd rather she have a vape with zero nic juice than the juice you have. It's best she get her own.

I saw a very nice sale in Deals earlier today, when the holidays come around there is usually a lot of traffic in the thread.
DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last couple pages)
FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
We're adults and can make decisions for ourselves. If she wants to vape, that's her decision to make. If she has had doubts about being able to stay off of cigarettes (the greater evil) on her own, then vaping (the lesser evil) is a healthier alternative to smoking. The greater good of doing neither is also an option.

From another perspective, my 20 year old daughter never smoked, but all of her friends and brother did. When they all hung out together, she was the only non-smoker and admits that the peer pressure to start smoking had been strong.

She decided to vape zero-nicotine flavors as a sort of way to compensate for the peer pressures. Since she began to vape about a year ago, her brother and boyfriend have made the transition to vaping.

Last edited:

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
Here's some context: My friend quit smoking ~1 month ago. She saw my vape and insisted she would be fine to try it. I figured she knew it had nicotine (~4.5 mg) but as it turns out, she had no idea. She loved it when she used it, but we mutually decided she shouldn't use it anymore, lest she relapse onto cigarettes. Is it safe for her to use my vape?
many of us have quit smoking several times but were unable to stay off tobacco before we started vaping vaping is much safer than smoking and may help her keep from returning to smoking. nicotine is no more harmful than caffeine but it does stimulate receptors in the brain that help regulate other receptors and may be an element in tobacco addiction.like most smokers she is likely to return to smoking and vaping has helped many of us avoid that

Jonathanmickshearer

Sep 4, 2015
  • Deleted by Spencer87
  • Reason: Spamming for post count

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
I mean I went from a pack and a half a day, and getting up and going outside for a smoke after dinner even at restaurants, to vaping.. And now that I'm at 1.5mg i don't really feel addicted at all. I can go hours without even thinking about vaping. When I was smoking, I would be looking for an excuse even at wakes lol

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    She is just as likely to relapse back to smoking without having vape devices around her as she would if she vaped (maybe more).... I think she would be better off vaping with you as it may provide a satisfying avenue in which she will never desire to smoke again. But, that's her choice as she is an adult.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX, USA
    She probably feels bad that she's used your equipment and deferred to you whether she should continue or not. If she wants to continue vaping and you don't want her to use your equipment, then help set her up with an inexpensive setup and help her figure out the flavors. If an ex-smoker wants to try vaping, I say go for it.

I was an "ex-smoker" many times during the more than 40 years I smoked. Tried everything, including cold turkey and it didn't work in the long run. I've been smoke free for 3 1/2 years and don't even miss it.

Amraann

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2011
    Florida

There is nothing wrong with her vaping. Nicotine is not the source of all evil. It is all of the other chemicals in real gis that are dangerous.

scottfeldstein

Aug 29, 2015
    West Bend, WI
    There is nothing wrong with her vaping. Nicotine is not the source of all evil. It is all of the other chemicals in real gis that are dangerous.

Well... I'm not so sure nicotine is harmless. Aside from the fact that it makes you a slave to vaping/smoking/patches/gum/whatever... It probably has bad implications for your circulatory system. Still, I don't feel bad about vaping a 6 liquid all day long. Not compared to smoking a pack or more a day. And maybe I'll bump it down to 3 in another couple of months.

I'd believe that a really low nic juice is no more harmful than a couple cups of coffee. But it's probably not true that vaping 24 nic juice all day long is harmless.

Everything I just said could be wrong. Ask your doctor. Frequent heartburn may be a sign of a more serious problem. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear.

Reactions: David Wolf

Cacique

ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    There's a lot of good information about the benefits nicotine can give to some. I started vaping years after I quit smoking, picked it up because I was tired of thinking I wished I had as smoke when out for a drive or something. I started at 0 mg nic for a while but slowly increased after reading some of the benefits nicotine could give some people. I felt I could benefit from it, and I feel it affects me similar to how coffee affects other people (does nothing to me) so I continue to use it at small dosages, as what gives me the main satisfaction is a lung full of dense vapor

I have not found an increase in the amount I vape before and after I started using nic, and can still go just as long as I did before grabbing my vape and never felt like I needed to vape except in hard times like the loss of a loved one. If she wanted to use nicotine, I would just start off with 1mg and if she wanted to slowly increase to what she liked. I went all the way up to 6mg before I found my limit using sub ohm gear. That 6mg is great for extra stressful times, but I don't really touch anything above 3mg.

Reactions: Amraann

Amraann

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2011
    Florida
    Well... I'm not so sure nicotine is harmless. Aside from the fact that it makes you a slave to vaping/smoking/patches/gum/whatever... It probably has bad implications for your circulatory system. Still, I don't feel bad about vaping a 6 liquid all day long. Not compared to smoking a pack or more a day. And maybe I'll bump it down to 3 in another couple of months.

I'd believe that a really low nic juice is no more harmful than a couple cups of coffee. But it's probably not true that vaping 24 nic juice all day long is harmless.

Everything I just said could be wrong. Ask your doctor. Frequent heartburn may be a sign of a more serious problem. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear.

I disagree. Nicotine is not absorbed in the same way via vaping as it is via smoking. Also the gear being used dictates how much nicotine one absorbs via vaping.
    24 mg in a cig a like is not like 24mg in a sub tank.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread