Smok tfv4 leaking help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFNate

Jul 27, 2015
So I got a killer deal while buying juice at the mall and picked up a smok tfv4 tank. Threw in the quad coil when I got home and had some of the best hits ever at 80 watts. Put it down for an hour came back and pretty much all the fluid leaked out of the air holes. Thought it may of been a fluke. Filled it up and the same thing happened again when I came back to it. I know it's new but does anyone have an idea or has had it happen to them? Thanks in adavane

-Nate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFNate

Jul 27, 2015
The triple coil works flawlessly. They both suck through fluid but what else do u expect at 80 plus watts. The only thing I can think of with the quadruple coil is that I'm running 60/40 vg/pg and I should be running 100% VG. It has so many openings to the cotton and wicks ridiculously quick. I'm guessing it needs that extra thickness to keep it from leaking though the cotton and out through the air holes (flooding)

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
You are about the 3rd or 4th person (self included) experiencing this on the Quad. The Triples do not do this.

Regarding Quad, don't prime them, use max VG and fire it right up at 75 watts or higher and keep fingers crossed the 1st tank or 2. The seem prone to flood upon breaking in. My 3rd-6th tanks have been fine.

Good luck.

Reactions: Kepat

FFNate

Jul 27, 2015
Alright! I'm glad I'm not crazy haha. I'm sure more will come out with time since it's so new. Yeah the triple hits good but the quad was an absolute beast. I was pretty sure I flooded it at 50 watts during the break in period. I washed out the coil and I'll have to give it another go when I pick up some jimmy the juice man max vg. Thanks a lot man

Reactions: sd3614

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
The triple coil works flawlessly. They both suck through fluid but what else do u expect at 80 plus watts. The only thing I can think of with the quadruple coil is that I'm running 60/40 vg/pg and I should be running 100% VG. It has so many openings to the cotton and wicks ridiculously quick. I'm guessing it needs that extra thickness to keep it from leaking though the cotton and out through the air holes (flooding)

I always vape 70vg 30pg, not a single leak or flood from the quad coil. I don't treat the coil like any of my others, I don't prime it and I don't start off at low wattage, the only thing I did was let it sit for 5 mins when it was new.

FFNate

Jul 27, 2015
Ez what watts do you run on the quad? I feel it's to hot for me above 80 but floods at anything less. The Triple was working good but recently flooded on me. I gave up for a while and have been running my starre and starre pro on a smpl clone. When I want something more I run my dripper. My problem with this new tank is that I feel if you want that much cloud and flavor you might as well drip. I run my RBA head with dual 7 wraps and I believe 20 ga kanthal and it hits better than the quad any day at 70-80 watts. Maybe it's a personal preference or people with tough throats haha.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Its the oring at the top of the chimney. I replaced mine with one that is a tiny bit thicker. Cheap kit of orings from harbor freight. Hey, it works. This thing can seem to be screwed together perfect even when its not. Make sure its really screwed together. Theres not a lot of threads there.

Reactions: Rixsta

Daisychainvaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2015
I had this happening on the quad and the triple. As for the triple: I am sure something went wrong with the chimney o-ring. For the quad, I have no clue.

100% new tank, filled it up, vaped a bit, 10 mins later ALL juice went out of the holes. Dis- and reassambled it, filled it again, vaped = 100% dry for 2 days now. Absolutely no clue...

Reactions: Rixsta

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
I had this happening on the quad and the triple. As for the triple: I am sure something went wrong with the chimney o-ring. For the quad, I have no clue.

100% new tank, filled it up, vaped a bit, 10 mins later ALL juice went out of the holes. Dis- and reassambled it, filled it again, vaped = 100% dry for 2 days now. Absolutely no clue...
Check ur orings, make sure when u screw the afc to the chimney, it is a snug fit

Last edited:

ez2dealwit

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Manatee County, FL
Ez what watts do you run on the quad? I feel it's to hot for me above 80 but floods at anything less. The Triple was working good but recently flooded on me. I gave up for a while and have been running my starre and starre pro on a smpl clone. When I want something more I run my dripper. My problem with this new tank is that I feel if you want that much cloud and flavor you might as well drip. I run my RBA head with dual 7 wraps and I believe 20 ga kanthal and it hits better than the quad any day at 70-80 watts. Maybe it's a personal preference or people with tough throats haha.

I vaped the quad at 24 - 28 watts. I have been using the rba. I make sure the chimney o-ring is on and that the wick covers the juice channels. I haven't had any issues with leaking for a few days. Also, I heard that when tightening the rba, make sure it clicks. After my last coil changed I noticed the click. The quad maybe be the same but IDK.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
I vaped the quad at 24 - 28 watts. I have been using the rba. I make sure the chimney o-ring is on and that the wick covers the juice channels. I haven't had any issues with leaking for a few days. Also, I heard that when tightening the rba, make sure it clicks. After my last coil changed I noticed the click. The quad maybe be the same but IDK.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
i dont think quads would even fire up at 20's... its rated for 40 +

Reactions: Drift Monkey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread