So frustrated with Zmax!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am seriously about to put the darn thing in a box!! I've tried to use the knock off Vivi Nova @ 2.8o, a knock off T3, a knock off T2, and a tank thing @ 1.4o and I can't vape with any of them very long before it starts tasting like burnt plastic. I just don't get it and what I am doing wrong. I ordered a real vivi nova and I HOPE it works otherwise it's going back in the box!! UGH!!!

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am using the knock off's because I still waiting for delivery of my real 1 I ordered. I have it set to ANS and hubs put this tank on it to try this since the others didn't work. I usually vape at 2.8o 6-7 watts. I get the burnt plastic taste with everything I've used. Seriously the last couple of days I've been using my husbands extra ego-c because I don't get the burnt taste with that. I've heard people have issues with dark and/or 50/50 juices but I can't get through a whole vivi nova tank full before the burnt taste is back. It's VERY frustrating!! And yes I have cleaned the head, replaced the head, doesn't matter, I get the same thing.
Why do you keep using knock offs?
What watts or volts do you have it at?
Are you in ANS or EAN on menu 8?
1.4 ohm is too low. The Zmax has a 1.2 ohm cut off.
Burnt plastic probably means too much heat for the tank.

I'd say this is due to delivery systems, not the Zmax.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I am using the knock off's because I still waiting for delivery of my real 1 I ordered. I have it set to ANS and hubs put this tank on it to try this since the others didn't work. I usually vape at 2.8o 6-7 watts. I get the burnt plastic taste with everything I've used. Seriously the last couple of days I've been using my husbands extra ego-c because I don't get the burnt taste with that. I've heard people have issues with dark and/or 50/50 juices but I can't get through a whole vivi nova tank full before the burnt taste is back. It's VERY frustrating!! And yes I have cleaned the head, replaced the head, doesn't matter, I get the same thing.

Its the delivery system. The Zmax is simply providing the power to heat it. When you get the genuine vivi use the 2.4 and 2.8 ohm heads. Start your wattage down a bit lower too. I have a juice I vape in the vivi at 7.5 watts no problem. Another juice tastes burnt at 7.5 watts - but fine at 6.0 watts.
Burnt plastic means the delivery system can't handle the heat I'd say.
I use the plastic vivis and the metal ones.

Also - don't know if you've started dryburning the heads yet. Might be something you're ready for at this point.

Congrats also - your just hours off one month smoke free. Nearly 30 days.

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
well I just soaked the heads in everclear since we didn't have any vodka.... was that a bad idea? And thanks, I am pretty stoked about that!! :)) Almost 1200 cigarettes avoided, that's what blows my mind! My family is all still amazed that we haven't smoked not even 1!! I ordered the real vivi nova from virgin vapor on black friday, I'd hoped it would be here by now but ugh.... story of my life... lol

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Kiwi, wanted to let you know that my REAL Vivi Nova came today and WOW what a differerence it made!! This thing actually works GREAT now!! Great vapor at 6 watts, great flavor, so far no burnt plastic taste at all. NOW I love my Zmax!!
From photos the Vivi Nova's look the same, it was my 1st so I had no idea that I had a knock off until you told me. Quite honestly I didn't expect there would be a difference because I buy generic stuff all the time and it works fine. But there were quite a few differences that I noticed even before I vaped with it. 1st thing I noticed was that the wicks of the knock off are in the center and the real 1 at the top. 2nd the connector that screws into the Zmax is shorter in the real 1 which allows for a better connection. And the part that is the mouth piece is different as well which keeps the liquid from filling up and into your mouth. I am sure there are other differences we haven't found yet but those are the obvious ones. I fully expected the hubs to say he didn't notice a difference but he jumped right in there and said yep the differences are clear. Dammit man now he's going to try to jack my Zmax I just know it!!!

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Kiwi, wanted to let you know that my REAL Vivi Nova came today and WOW what a differerence it made!! This thing actually works GREAT now!! Great vapor at 6 watts, great flavor, so far no burnt plastic taste at all. NOW I love my Zmax!!
From photos the Vivi Nova's look the same, it was my 1st so I had no idea that I had a knock off until you told me. Quite honestly I didn't expect there would be a difference because I buy generic stuff all the time and it works fine. But there were quite a few differences that I noticed even before I vaped with it. 1st thing I noticed was that the wicks of the knock off are in the center and the real 1 at the top. 2nd the connector that screws into the Zmax is shorter in the real 1 which allows for a better connection. And the part that is the mouth piece is different as well which keeps the liquid from filling up and into your mouth. I am sure there are other differences we haven't found yet but those are the obvious ones. I fully expected the hubs to say he didn't notice a difference but he jumped right in there and said yep the differences are clear. Dammit man now he's going to try to jack my Zmax I just know it!!!

Yay! You will find your own sort of frequency for dry burning. I don't dry burn after every clean. On the other hand, left too long they get gunked up.
The heads are pretty cheap anyway, and a real one should last at least a couple of weeks. Some of mine lasted nearly a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread