Steeping and warm water? Tips on steeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidbeaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
New Auburn, WI
perhaps an odd idea, but along the heat lines, I live in florida, and it gets quite hot here, especially in my truck. could making some juices and placing them in the truck (not in direct sunlight) while its hot help steeping?

perhaps I should make 2 samples of the same flavor and leave one in the house and put one in the truck... I feel a science experiment coming.... lol

I'm in the road construction business and I'm usually out of town for the week. So I make a new batch on Sunday to get me threw the week. The last couple of batches I made, I let my juice steep for a day on the dash of my truck, in the sun. Works great.

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
I'm in the road construction business and I'm usually out of town for the week. So I make a new batch on Sunday to get me threw the week. The last couple of batches I made, I let my juice steep for a day on the dash of my truck, in the sun. Works great.

also great for cooking a cup o noodles.

SmokinBones

Moved On
Aug 18, 2012
Ohio
How's that work for you? I've read a couple places that sunlight kills nicotine so I try to keep my juice out of the light. Not sure about whether light kills nicotine or not, just what I've read.

I usually just boil some water and then put my juice in a glass container inside the water, take it off the stove and let the juice heat in the water. Then once it's heated I shake it up real good and then put it in the freezer for a little while. Works great and no sunlight.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I read about the bra method, that's a good one. :w00t: Has anyone of the opposite gender tried the jock-strap method? :blink:

Since I live in Thailand, I don't have to worry too much about steeping in hot water - like the folks in Florida and Mississippi, we can step in hot air. :lol: It's 89.9˚F w/Humidity 56% as I type. From the time I order to the time they get here, they are already a week to ten days old. Add to that the warm humid climate and you've got makings of an incubator capable of cultivating any number of cultures, even in the dark desk drawer where I keep my stash. Given the nature of the climate here, I dread opening the tops of the bottles to let them set overnight - I don't want to give the local bacteria an advantage.

OH HEY, LOOK WHO'S HERE! The mailman with some new Mt. Baker Vapor juice and well needed cartomizers!!! :party: God is good!
Setting the new juice on the router just for chuckles. FYI temperature the router is about 103˚F

Time to shake & fill up the tanks... :drool: :vapor:

jako822

Oct 23, 2012
United States
I recently bought a 120 ml bottle of Belgian Waffle that has sort of an alcohol smell to it. I've had it sitting open for the past 3 days and it does smell at bit better, but I'm going to try the hot tap water method and see if that will help speed up the process a bit. Thanks for all of the great tips here...it really is a big help for us newbies! I will post again on how well the hot water bath helps with the steeping process.

Ictinike

A Minion of Cthulhu
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
NE Ohio, USA
Got 3 new 30ml bottles of juice from ECBlends (Dragon's Blood, Delight and Tear) today and of course dripped them all to try them out and they were not bad to start. Let them sit all day with caps off and came and finger cap shook them up a bit every hour or so but decided to try the hot water steep. Even better.

Small bowl of water, 3 bottles in a sealed zip-lock and let them sit until unfortunately some condensation built up and started to run/peel the labels (lol). Dried them off and did the shake thing for several minutes an uncapped them again.

Hit the delight (creamy peach) again in my LR 510 bridged atty and so much better even just from the air all day and hot water steep. They were nearly clear on arrival and already now match other, older bottles for color as well. They all changed within 5-10 mins in the water and shaking.

While no proof other than my palate, to me the hot water steep did make a difference and time now for a tank of Dragon's Tear (creamy strawberry) :)

Cheers,
~Icky

hrferic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
milton,wi
I just got 7 new flavors in the mail. I put them in a ziplock bag,sucked the air out with a straw,put THAT bag in ANOTHER ziplock,again sucked out the air with a straw.this way the labels won't get wet and smear. soak them in hot tap water a while,shake well,and repeat the process a few times. seemed to work well.the flavors ,while only a few days mixed,came out quite well.
mmmmm.eggnog.

dennis_j

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Austin, Minnesota, United States
well folks heres what I do nuke them in a micowave for 10 to 20 sec then shake bottle should fell warm, not hot..let cool do it again and again, turns out great for me ,also you can take the cap off in case you get them to hot so the bottle don't melt did this once,just make sure you only nuke for less than 20 sec at a time..its like a timemachine hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread