Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
so, i'm vaping for like an year now, not a single stinky, but i'm still feeling uncomfortable to vape in front of other people (especially kids) since i imagine that in the eyes of others my pt2 looks like a crck pipe or smthng

Buy a Joyetech eRoll cigalike, the charging/PCC case looks like an iPhone, and the batteries are same size as a real cigarette. They are great for out and about. Very classy.

Zach CC

Aug 20, 2014
CT
Kind of a bump, but in short no I don't feel ashamed (anymore). When I was at Disney world I noticed a ton of people vaping which gave me confidence. One time though, a staff member snottily asked me to take it to the smoking area. Sometimes if I'm by myself somewhere I do feel a little uncomfortable because I know people are staring, but if I'm with a friend or my girlfriend I have no problem with it. What I do is just hold it in a while so barely anything is blown out. I never vape indoors publicly though, ever.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
so, i'm vaping for like an year now, not a single stinky, but i'm still feeling uncomfortable to vape in front of other people (especially kids) since i imagine that in the eyes of others my pt2 looks like a {OTHER STUFF} or smthng similar. it was kinda easier with the egos since they were more discreet, but no one can take my 2.6ml bccs away from me - they're so handy. anyway, do you still feel ashamed of vaping in public? i ocassionally get some bad looks from elderly people and i don't like it, i also don't like seeing young people observing me with interest and i get the feeling i'm promoting an illegal activity or smthng.. cops look at me in a weird manner too, also other drivers at traffic lights.. i don't know, perhaps i'm just being paranoid..

Ive never once felt ashamed for vaping in public. You're doing something good for yourself by making the switch. Nothing to be ashamed of at all. When curious people see me vaping and ask about it I'm met with overwhelming support and encouragement, especially when I tell them Ive been almost 2 years without a cigarette and have kicked a 2 pack a day habit of 25 years.

The occasional pinhead who makes comments about how it looks like an illegal drug delivery device is either socially ......ed, an illicit drug user themselves or a blathering idiot. Pay them no mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

darknecrotic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 6, 2014
    Columbia, SC
    www.caraudioinc.com
    I get vape shy in public.. Due to many instances where I've been asked to stop. I'm also very conscious of where my clouds go. I've had clouds hit people in the face and even though it's vapor they react like it was a cloud of smoke. I feel the most comfortable vaping around smokers. Even though they smell bad.

johnspack

ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2014
    Nelson B.C.
    Even after almost 11 months, I still feel self concious about pulling out my gleaming vamo v5 stainless steel mod with a stainless aerotank.... no wait, I don't! It makes a statement, and if someone asks me, I can explain ecigs to them, and how they saved my life from smoking. I admit, I will hide it a bit when I don't want to deal with people... but it is a conversation starter. And up here in Canda, with the Harper gov trying to start all kinds of bad rumors about ecigs ect, I have to go into education mode and explain to people it isn't bad for them.... arg. Then I just send them to my still alpha information site: Nelsonvapes.com

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    Even after almost 11 months, I still feel self concious about pulling out my gleaming vamo v5 stainless steel mod with a stainless aerotank.... no wait, I don't! It makes a statement, and if someone asks me, I can explain ecigs to them, and how they saved my life from smoking. I admit, I will hide it a bit when I don't want to deal with people... but it is a conversation starter. And up here in Canda, with the Harper gov trying to start all kinds of bad rumors about ecigs ect, I have to go into education mode and explain to people it isn't bad for them.... arg. Then I just send them to my still alpha information site: Nelsonvapes.com

Just visited your site, and it's full of useful stuff . Nice one! :)

Paul Williams

ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2013
    Birmingham uk
    Back to the original post I'll happily walk down the street vaping, happily in town aswell. I always ask first in a bar but so far no problems. If someone shows a interest in what im doing I'm happy to talk to them about it. If someone were to call me a freak i would rip their head off. Good morning ecf just vaping some strawberry milkshake!

I haven't vaped in public but I do in the car all the time. I have vaped in the ladies' room a couple of times. I keep the vapor light if anyone else is around. I never smoked in front of kids (leftover from my elementary school teaching days -- I was used to hiding it) and I don't vape in front of nieces, nephews, or grands. Again, if I absolutely have to vape when they're visiting or I'm in their house, I go to the rest room and turn on the exhaust fan! Works every time.

QU1T

ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    Benelux
    Smoke and, or vape can invade ones space, so being polite about it all is a good thing!
    But lets not get all extreme and self conscious or even paranoid, with no offence meant to anyone! :)

In Switzerland, The Netherlands, Belgium and specially France,
    Smoking is really not frowned upon, in my experience anyway, so vaping is not either,
    As I said in another post, I openly vape, where ever and when ever I feel like it,
    Indoor venues included, but while still being respectful to others of course.

I would immediately stop if somebody actually complained indoors, I don't expect anyone to stop me outdoors,
    All the cafes, coffeeshops, bars and restaurant balconies and terraces are full of analogue smokers, so why not vape?

Also, nobody asked me about banning anything!,
    So I feel slightly rebellious about the whole thing and @ 0mg, I really don't care...

Lastly, I see people posting "not in front of kids" what if you own a few? ;)
    Education I think is key...

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 8, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    I felt awkward about it until I go stuck in an airport terminal for 16hrs. After getting fed up of waiting between waves of people going to the restrooms (and that lovely smell of feces that accompanies them) I went and asked a TSA agent if I could vape in the terminal to which he responded "why not?". Nothing like doing your thing in front of several thousand people per hour coming from all over the world to get you over a bit of shyness. Now I treat my mech+rda like I did my cigs (and lets face it dripping looks fiendish) by going away from crowds and if I'm feeling really nice I'll test the wind direction before taking a steam engine of a rip.

Anyway, I got more disgusted looks when I would smoke a cig, and more curious looks while vaping. I vape like I have nothing to hide and I hope that with time and increased exposure the stigma behind vaping in public will ebb. Plus if I tried to hide when I vaped I'd stop attracting all those curious girlies that want in on the action ;)

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 8, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    I vape in terminals and on planes. I don't feel guilty I just vape. mind you I don't blow clouds but I get my dosage and ease the stress of flying. Don't sweat it. if you need a puff you go boy.

lol, i didn't risk it on the plane, the lady up front said it's a no-no. I would have been too worried about the recirculated air anyway. Although for a half moment I thought about blowing my cloud into the flushing toilet (vacuum 4tw) but I felt silly even thinking about it :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread