Still crave a cig when i drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
yeah i upped my nic to 24mg and it seemed to be a big help, thanks to many who have dealt with this themselves. Glad to know i am not the only one who has encountered this problem. I think we are so used to smoking when we drink, me i have a few glasses of wine or a few shots of jeam beam, but that is my worse hurdle. It's hard as well with the first cup of coffee in the mornings, but i can deal with that much easier
Don't worry about it, if anything i still crave one whenever i drink a beer with friends or hang out with em (some are still smokers) that's why i haven't bought the same flavor twice since i started, keeps it fresh and i can easily find something that makes me vape instead of smoking. That's how i do it but like you said no one's the same, as i too hate tobaco flavors but hey if you aint smoking it who cares if you like the flavor :p There's people doing the e-pipes with cigar flavors and no one's judging them either. At the end of the day we're all in the same boat.

But .......n is there ALOT of flavors out there ! :lol: From the most delicious to the most "how the freak does that exist"

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Don't worry about it, if anything i still crave one whenever i drink a beer with friends or hang out with em (some are still smokers) that's why i haven't bought the same flavor twice since i started, keeps it fresh and i can easily find something that makes me vape instead of smoking. That's how i do it but like you said no one's the same, as i too hate tobaco flavors but hey if you aint smoking it who cares if you like the flavor :p There's people doing the e-pipes with cigar flavors and no one's judging them either. At the end of the day we're all in the same boat.

But .......n is there ALOT of flavors out there ! :lol: From the most delicious to the most "how the freak does that exist"

Glad to know i am not alone on this

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Usually Tennessee and middle and upper Alabama get wind and tornado activity.
Now Mobile and lower parts of Alabama get hit hard.
I checked before buying the house.

No floods.
"That one time we had 6" of snow." (Bummer)
"I remember that one tornado back in **** that came through town"

Etc.

We get weather all around us.

But we're in a nice crotch in the mountains that blocks everything serious aside from rain.

And the small fault line outside of Memphis is over 300 miles from us.

We're in such a safe zone that a little ice destroys nearly every vehicle that dares leave the garage ... aside from some northerners that fled south like us.

Guns don't kill people, virgins do! -Jim Jeffries

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I checked before buying the house.

No floods.
"That one time we had 6" of snow." (Bummer)
"I remember that one tornado back in **** that came through town"

Etc.

We get weather all around us.

But we're in a nice crotch in the mountains that blocks everything serious aside from rain.

And the small fault line outside of Memphis is over 300 miles from us.

We're in such a safe zone that a little ice destroys nearly every vehicle that dares leave the garage ... aside from some northerners that fled south like us.

Guns don't kill people, virgins do! -Jim Jeffries
Lol!!

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I'm a partial diy person. I mix my pg,vg and nic and then just buy the flavor and add a few drops. It doesn't take much flavoring for me and i learned along time ago i am not good at creating flavors lol! easier to just buy the flavor and it last me a long time. I can certainly understand why some chose not to diy and why some do.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
All summed up:
You have to satisfied with your equipment....
You have to be satisfied with the throat hit, cloud, what ever it is that you enjoy.
And last. You have to be satisfied with your juice. The flavor and the nicotine level.
When all three of the above conditions are met with happily, Not wanting a cigarette is made relatively easy.
Although i completely agree with this, i think it's something you do progressively not all at once (pretty impossible anyway imho). I've been vaping since..... End of june i think ? and to this day i haven't found THE perfect setup for me, i'm getting there slowly unfortunately for my wallet it might still take a while XD.
The first posts mentions "satisfied" which is correct.
Shooting for perfect will always leave you dissatisfied and looking for more.

Satisfied should be the goal.
And you can move forward from there.
:)

Last edited:

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
The first posts mentions "satisfied" which is correct.
Shooting for perfect will always leave you dissatisfied and looking for more.

Satisfied should be the goal.
And you can move forward from there.

I have to say there are words of wisdom in your post. Actually i think it may be part of my own problem. I am shooting too much for perfection, the kind of perfection cigs offered when i drink. Nothing compares to a cig with a good drink. I am trying to improve on it the best i can with vaping, upping my nic as suggested by posters has certainly helped alot, but maybe i am expecting too much given how many years i smoked.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
@DC2 @DeAnna2112 Perfection is subjective, what i meant was for anyone and everyone to find what's best for them ie : their perfect setup. Satisfied to me = he found HIS "perfect" setup. I'm still fairly new to vaping (quitted in june of this year), i haven't found what best suits me yet and still watching about 1000 vid reading a bit here and there about what could potentially be what's best for ME. Shooting for perfect dosen't mean you'll be dissatisfied with everything and look for more, it can be something you found satisfying and perfect for you too. I haven't gotten there yet and still searching for that atomiser that'll make me vape with no more cravings ever (yes after 3 months i still get more than some would but i pretty much quitted cold turkey).

TLDR : Aiming for perfection dosen't have to be a bad thing, it can be related to finding "that" setup that best suits you and satisfies you the most. After all i don't believe in perfection myself only in what best suits me and my taste.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I agree.

But I've been vaping for a long time and I haven't found my perfection yet.
I don't think it's even possible any more.
:laugh:

But I long ago found what is satisfactory for me.

Every now and then there might be a tweak here or there.
But perfection is still a long ways off for me.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I agree.

But I've been vaping for a long time and I haven't found my perfection yet.
I don't think it's even possible any more.
:laugh:

But I long ago found what is satisfactory for me.

Every now and then there might be a tweak here or there.
But perfection is still a long ways off for me.
While i'm getting pretty close to my "perfect" or most satisfactory pretty quickly tbh :p Found a mod i like really well now (predator 228) all i need is to see if an rta could be for me as i'm more of a flavor chaser and already found a line of juice i like alot (twelve monkeys). If i like the rta then yeah probably gonna take a while before i find that "sweetspot" with it :p

But yeah finding THE real perfection in the same sense as everyone thinks is pretty much impossible, there's way too many variables and different stuff on the market :lol:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I know a few years back here in Indiana we got the left overs from a hurricane it left us without power for days due to the winds, that was enough for me to say i am glad i do not live in a hurricane zone

I believe all we are getting this time is a bunch of rain. Bad timing for me because I just ordered new headlights and horn for my car. Have to take the bumper off to install them so it will be a longish job. Have to wait until the rain stops, and use my old truck for a while.

Back in the 90's just after I came to America I went on a camping trip just after a hurricane hit down south. Never occurred to me that something so far away could result in torrential rain all weekend in Indiana.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I have to say there are words of wisdom in your post. Actually i think it may be part of my own problem. I am shooting too much for perfection, the kind of perfection cigs offered when i drink. Nothing compares to a cig with a good drink. I am trying to improve on it the best i can with vaping, upping my nic as suggested by posters has certainly helped alot, but maybe i am expecting too much given how many years i smoked.

I don't know what it is about alcohol and cigarettes. I once quit cold turkey in my 20's, before there any lozenges or drugs or anything like that. Lasted 3 months which is the longest I ever managed before vaping. I read some stuff and it was widely said that it would be impossible to quit as long as you were drinking. I cut out the beer a few weeks before I stopped smoking and it worked for a while. But then I started hitting the beer again and it was all over. Every other time I tried to quit I was drinking, and it was always in the pub that I started smoking again.

Whatever the link is between smoking and drinking, it's real and powerful. So it's going to be hard for you. I hope the increased nic helps.

Not a problem for me any more. Hardly drink at all these days.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I don't know what it is about alcohol and cigarettes. I once quit cold turkey in my 20's, before there any lozenges or drugs or anything like that. Lasted 3 months which is the longest I ever managed before vaping. I read some stuff and it was widely said that it would be impossible to quit as long as you were drinking. I cut out the beer a few weeks before I stopped smoking and it worked for a while. But then I started hitting the beer again and it was all over. Every other time I tried to quit I was drinking, and it was always in the pub that I started smoking again.

Whatever the link is between smoking and drinking, it's real and powerful. So it's going to be hard for you. I hope the increased nic helps.

Not a problem for me any more. Hardly drink at all these days.

Got the hands going up and down..i feel ya. Yeah something about drinking and smoking is a no go, i have almost broke a few times and i have been vaping for almost two years now...and still fight the urge everytime i drink..thank god my daughters friends, i have converted to vaping, because i would be bumming a cig off of them it's that powerful

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I broke down..i had a cig..first one in two years. One teen smoker was at my house that i had not converted to vaping. It tasted horrible...omg did my mouth taste like a ashtray..it was horrible!! and this big rush went through my head for about 30 seconds...was actually pretty cool for about 30 seconds..then the horrible taste kicked in. This is my diary no doubt..off work this week. What the hell just happened between me and my two glasses of red wine...just keeping it real and honest..i buckled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread