Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England

bigeyes

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
Something else to consider is that some juices contain linalool which bothers some people.

Even though I believe PG bothers me, the tobacco in regular cigs is processed with PG, so it's not like I wasn't inhaling it anyway when I smoked those. I think that's why I woke up with that 'cigarette hangover' feeling every morning that I don't have now with the VG juice.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
To Mom and Doc. There might be minute traces of PG in different products we use, and it could be written down as something safe for use in cosmetics and other foods or products, But I think the question with PG is how safe is it, or what does it do exactly when being heated to high temperatures and inhaled on a regular basis. A month ago everyone was saying PG is completely safe, now we are learning that it can cause lactic acid build up and anxiety, allergic reactions etc.

Obviously if PG can change the chemical composition in your blood or body, its having an effect, Now what would long term use of it do.

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
It is more than miniute traces in the stuff we us that has pg in it. You need to get a break downs on the stuff you buy and see just how much of it is pg. I was told the closer to the top of the list the more of that ingratent was in the product.

Paladiinx, don't vape pg, it is going to cause you anxiety I can tell because your worried about it.

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Why oh why can't we dump this unwarranted concern over PG? It is the LEAST of all e-smoking considerations. I got my semi-annual blood work results today and they were absolutely perfect. That included the glucose reading. That's mostly the result of 15 months off cigs and on e-cigs. I use PG liquid by preference. The reasons are on this forum in enlightened threads and I won't elaborate. This kind of thread is so very disheartening ....:(

Letzin Hale

Moved On
Dec 28, 2008
But surely anything in sufficient quantities can do you harm - even water.

Oh, and so true that everything good is bad in large quantities....as angela said....ever heard of water poisoning?

Well too much water certainly killed my uncle Bogdan, he fell off a trawler into a billion gallons of it called the North Sea and was never seen again!:p
Alan.

Tallgirl1974

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Loganville, Ga
Why oh why can't we dump this unwarranted concern over PG? It is the LEAST of all e-smoking considerations. I got my semi-annual blood work results today and they were absolutely perfect. That included the glucose reading. That's mostly the result of 15 months off cigs and on e-cigs. I use PG liquid by preference. The reasons are on this forum in enlightened threads and I won't elaborate. This kind of thread is so very disheartening ....:(

I couldn't agree more. Tobacco cigarettes contain it as well- didn't stop us from using those! We need to keep this in perspective.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Take a deep breath... count to 50... and wait for the next identical thread.
<Starts her own counting going ;) >

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
To Kate51 and Doc. I am not sure if that liquid is the same as what my mom had to take for her colon scopes, but she ended up getting severe kidney disease from it. I believe it was a different type of solution then the one your husband is taking though, but not sure. But in either case that solution was deemed safe for many many years and she got kidney disease now.

To bob- So if PG is not much of a concern with E-smoking, I guess thats pretty good news, Isn't that what e-smoking is 99 percent composed of? So the only concern now is what? quality control and flavors?

Many things can be toxic if consumed in significantly excessive amounts. Too much nutmeg consumed is toxic. Too much Basil consumed is also...that won't stop me from eating pesto from time to time. God knows alcohol is extremely toxic but I will still have that glass (or 2 or 3) of wine (with my pasta & pesto even).

Moderation in all things generally serves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread