Taking Your Coil to the Next Level!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I've experimented with diamond builds. My diamonds not so great at lower wattage or lower air flow (mouth to lung). I have a diamondish coil at medium wattage but still doesn't beat my small diameter IGO-F. Diamond positioning makes a big difference as does any coil I've tried on a large rba. I've yet to master coil positioning relative to air flow. I have 4 high quality vapor RBAs: IGO-F, Aqua, FT cobra and FT Pulse G. I hope to get very high vapor quality from all my large chamber RBAs once I master coil positioning and air velocity. If not then I may try to make reduced chamber volume inserts.

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
I have made my best coil ever!... I call it the kissing nano dragon coil

2 nano dragons positioned with the openings against eachother at the normal dragon angle... 0,35 ohm and makes ridiculous clouds with a nice warmth and a sweet taste

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388935293.650151.jpg

Vamo vivi/protank
Kts+ igo-w 0,7

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I have made my best coil ever!... I call it the kissing nano dragon coil

2 nano dragons positioned with the openings against eachother at the normal dragon angle... 0,35 ohm and makes ridiculous clouds with a nice warmth and a sweet taste

View attachment 291489

Vamo vivi/protank
Kts+ igo-w 0,7

That massive plume looks smooth. Did you angle both dragon's mouths 45 degrees toward drip tip?

My single coil dragon was too wild for my blood. The vapor was harsh. I'd like to try the kissing dragon. More details or pics would be helpful.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Im running a Diamond Coil, in a Igo W 1.8 OHMS 28 gauge 2mm Eco wool. Im running it on my Poldiac. Its a pretty good set up.

Did you fine tune diamond position relative to air hole?
What size air hole?
Seems diamond worked better w/ larger air hole and lung hits. I saw improvement when increased air hole to 1/16". I plan to build next diamond on one of my 1/8" air hole toppers.

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
That massive plume looks smooth. Did you angle both dragon's mouths 45 degrees toward drip tip?

My single coil dragon was too wild for my blood. The vapor was harsh. I'd like to try the kissing dragon. More details or pics would be helpful.

I dont know if you can do this on anything else than the helio, but theyre mounted on the same side / \ like so
Only one airhole is needed for this setup and i recommend a 3mm or bigger

But yes its unbelievable how smooth it actually is... And it brings additional sweetness to the liquid... My eucalyptus is incredibly sweet on this coil and even tho i increased the aroma with 50% its still not ripping my head off

Vamo vivi/protank
Kts+ igo-w 0,7

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
this is insane...want...

Insane indeed. Oh wait! I'm senile - not insane! I almost thought, "that might work in my..."! But,........... I'll not be going for 0.8 ohms of anybody!

Next someone will be hanging a 1/4 watt 0.5 ohm RESISTOR on one of these and start vaping away! Kaboom!

I ADMIRE the folks who can trust batteries and low ohm coils and 0.8 is low by any standard; perhaps not when compared to some I watched on Ya'll Tube! They show (he showed) 0.5 ohms; but, at some point won't that battery become a 'rebel' and pay back all that abuse? Even the REALLY good ones? It just seems as it is inevitable and potentially dangerous..:shock:

Cute elf by the way.:2cool:

Senile Old Man Don

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread