Tesla Nano 120W Steampunk: Dangerous! leaky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDNVaper

May 1, 2017
A week ago I brought the Tesla 120W. It looked amazing and the mod suited most of my tanks/RDAs

theres a huge huge issue with this mod and I've tried it with the Crown, smok TFV8, Tsunami 24 RDA, and AugVape Druga RDA.

So when I go to change batteries I notice both batteries are dripping with liquid on the bodies and the inside of the mod had liquid on it too!

I assumed maybe hey Im using the GeekVape/AugVape RDA maybe somehow liquid that leaked out is getting into the battery holding case.

So I tried vaping with both the Smok TFV8 and Crown 1. The liquid inside was worse!!

I think the vape seeps into the battery holding case through gaps in the button/mod casing

also because the mod is metal it heats up and condenses liquid in the battery!!

I'm I going crazy here? does any other Tesla Nanon 120W owner have this problem? also is this something I should be worried about

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Well, mods don't leak. They contain no liquid to leak. Tanks leak. Why all your tanks are leaking would be a mystery at best. Condensation can happen with any tank due to the heating of the coil in the tank and moist air flowing out the air holes on the bottom of the tank. But that's true with every mod, not mod brand specific.

Do you have another mod you can use your tanks on and see if you still get leaking?

LDNVaper

May 1, 2017
Well, mods don't leak. They contain no liquid to leak. Tanks leak. Why all your tanks are leaking would be a mystery at best. Condensation can happen with any tank due to the heating of the coil in the tank and moist air flowing out the air holes on the bottom of the tank. But that's true with every mod, not mod brand specific.

Do you have another mod you can use your tanks on and see if you still get leaking?

Thanks for the insight!!

None of the 4 tanks/RDAs I mentioned leaked! so I was shocked to see the batteries having clear liquid on them. Yes I have an RX200 and Smok Alien and none of them have this issue!

Is this something I should be worried about Eskie?

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Thanks bro! I say use it long enough until the batteries are dead! thats when I notice it
Here's what I want you to try, do you have an oring small enough to fit on the bottom pin of your tank/RDA? If so, try that. Here's what I think is happening, because the 510 isn't flat like most mods, condensation is building up and leaking down into the 510. The oring should eliminate most of your problem.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Here's what I want you to try, do you have an oring small enough to fit on the bottom pin of your tank/RDA? If so, try that. Here's what I think is happening, because the 510 isn't flat like most mods, condensation is building up and leaking down into the 510. The oring should eliminate most of your problem.

That's a reasonable theory as otherwise it's hard to understand where the liquid was coming from. Unless the OP only vapes in the rain.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
That's a reasonable theory as otherwise it's hard to understand where the liquid was coming from. Unless the OP only vapes in the rain.
It's got a funky 510, I'll snap some pics when cools off outside! It's hot in da desert today :)

LDNVaper

May 1, 2017
I dont really understand why you've been so condescending really uneeded you were new to this stuff at one point too.

Kprthevapr

I noticed if you dont chain vape it it doesnt build condensation in the battery casing.

I reckon when chaim vaping the mod itself gets hot and condenses. Because I noticed it gets a bit wet on the outside too

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I dont really understand why you've been so condescending really uneeded you were new to this stuff at one point too.

Kprthevapr

I noticed if you dont chain vape it it doesnt build condensation in the battery casing.

I reckon when chaim vaping the mod itself gets hot and condenses. Because I noticed it gets a bit wet on the outside too
IMG_20170501_141543_680.JPG

If you'll notice around the 510 it's not completely sealed. Chain vaping builds up condensation fast. The oring should help.
Try turning the air flow on the tank/RDA so that its on the side of the mod, it will be less likely to build up on the top of the mod.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I always find it weird when someone comes here with a problem and a knowledgeable member makes a good faith effort to help, cracks one half-joke, and then gets called condescending. It makes people not really want to help. Or at the very least, not crack jokes, which is just as bad. Just my :2c:

@Kprthevapr that is.... very interesting. And unfortunate. Are you thinking juice is making it in between the slight gap around the whole connection? I've never seen one quite like that. Making me rethink ordering one.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Hmm, I'm rethinking a post I just made and crossing fingers. Anyway the way it's designed should keep juice from leaking down onto the buttons.
I'm a mech mod user, but I won this mod. So far, it feels good, looks good and performs great!
I'm running a Goon @.28 on it now, 50W is pretty tasty :)

LDNVaper

May 1, 2017
View attachment 653437
If you'll notice around the 510 it's not completely sealed. Chain vaping builds up condensation fast. The oring should help.
Try turning the air flow on the tank/RDA so that its on the side of the mod, it will be less likely to build up on the top of the mod.
I placed a Crown oring fits perfectly now screwed in my smok!

Lets see how this goes!

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I always find it weird when someone comes here with a problem and a knowledgeable member makes a good faith effort to help, cracks one half-joke, and then gets called condescending. It makes people not really want to help. Or at the very least, not crack jokes, which is just as bad. Just my :2c:

@Kprthevapr that is.... very interesting. And unfortunate. Are you thinking juice is making it in between the slight gap around the whole connection? I've never seen one quite like that. Making me rethink ordering one.
It looks like the only logical explanation to me. I'm also thinking if you have to air flow so that its not letting condensation build up around the bottom of the tank/RDA you should be fine. I would add an oring just for GP, I've had to do it on other mods, the pico was one of them.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It looks like the only logical explanation to me. I'm also thinking if you have to air flow so that its not letting condensation build up around the bottom of the tank/RDA you should be fine. I would add an oring just for GP, I've had to do it on other mods, the pico was one of them.

So that's an actual gap, gap, not just a lip supporting the 510 negative threads? Is the 510 just press fitted?

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I'm liking it too, menu is simple to understand and the quality confuses me because of the price it's selling for. I'm using tcr on my eirek and wattage on the conqueror.
Its not solid copper, zinc alloy. I'll run this one for a couple of days and then I'll be back to my mech mods, it always happens. :)
I use only wattage mode on regulated mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread