The FastTech Thread for All FastTech Posts (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I just got the latest reply. They say that replacing the chimney and base is same cost as the whole item. So they now cant do it.

They said to get refund I have to send the whole thing back. Has anyone shipped to China? I doubt its only a couple bucks like I paid.

I might have to open my first PayPal case.

Oh well, should have known, I never have much luck with clones. Only one I have that I still use and works and looks great is a little Nectar rda. Fantastic, just as nice as the real one I have. I almost forgot, I don have a great Taifun GSL that is really nice, cant tell it from Original except for screws.

Live and learn.
Not sure if they still do or not,but they used to have a place in Florida that they had returns sent to,i'd ask them and see.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I just got the latest reply. They say that replacing the chimney and base is same cost as the whole item. So they now cant do it.

They said to get refund I have to send the whole thing back. Has anyone shipped to China? I doubt its only a couple bucks like I paid.

Oh well, should have known, I never have much luck with clones. Only one I have that I still use and works and looks great is a little Nectar rda. Fantastic, just as nice as the real one I have. I almost forgot, I don have a great Taifun GSL that is really nice, cant tell it from Original except for screws.

Live and learn.
I really don't think returning anything other than $40+ items would make sense due to shipping costs.

FT just wants us to shut up and keep what they send us. If the Product is kinda crappy, they'll flip us a few bucks so we'll keep it.

Having said that, this week I recieved 2 of the best mech mods I have ever used from FT.... a $16 King and a $5 Fire of Life. Unbelievable quality for the $$$.

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La

Oh well, should have known, I never have much luck with clones. Only one I have that I still use and works and looks great is a little Nectar RDA. Fantastic, just as nice as the real one I have. I almost forgot, I don have a great Taifun GSL that is really nice, cant tell it from Original except for screws.

Live and learn.
I don't know what if anything has changed, but the last time I had to return anything to FT from the States I also shipped it to Florida. If it was DOA (ie within a certain time after shipping) FT also reimburses the shipping. I very seldom have to return anything and I constantly have shipments inbound. I have found FT to be the best place for doing returns. I never have had any other vendor take care of shipping for bad items.

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I also never had a problem with them until this time. First time with an actual defect.

I guess I should have called it a DOA rather than try to explain. Not having had experiences and not really read the posts and threads I did not know how to go about it.

There is a difference between a problem item and an item that just is not good by design or made kinda shoddy. Shoddy works but not for long.... Design , again, works but just has issues , not FT fault. You cant fault them for these reasons. At least it did not cost a 100 or more.

But when things like a JC doesnt work or it becomes stuck and cant be used, that not user error , thats a flaw in item.

But what gets me is the guarantee I posted above. Its contradictory to this experience. Oh well, its time for the wrench and if it comes apart and can still be used great. I dont mind a bit of scuffs.

Reactions: phager

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
If, IF, you ca get FT to accept the return and it goes through them, with a RMA, they`ll give you the address in Miami, but without a RMA # on it they will refuse it. SO you haveto have that RMA #. Cost is 3 bucks, so you can recoup some money on say a 6 dollar item.

If you go through pay-pal, FT has not made PP aware of the Miami address, and Pay-pal will force you to ship it to china, as it is the address on file with Pay-pal. Cost is 13 dollars! This I find kinda of scandalous on FT part.

My last problem with them, last month, was a cap for Tsunami 24. It did`nt fit my base. I pressed FT because of there "satisfaction" guarantee, if it dont fit, how can I be satisfied? They absolutely refused to take ownership of the problem, they told me to "sell it to a local shop" (Might be common in china, but not here in the states). I filed with pay-pal. Pay-pal wanted me to send it back to China. Not worth it. They way they treated me was akin to deplorable, which I have found is their fall back when they simply are not going to do anything about the problem.

"Thank you for your email.
After we confirmed with the warehouse. The item sku 5346001 is correct.
But if you still want to return to, the shipment cost may be more expensive than the price of product.
If you want to send it back, please refer to our Money Back Guarantee as follow:
You may return undamaged items to us postmarked within 45 calendar days of delivery. If the return is not a result of our error, customers will be required to cover shipping cost both ways. Please make sure the item is returned in the original condition, with the original packaging and accessories.
We recommend that you sold this item to local business.
Thank you for your serious consideration."

L1070115.JPG

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
If, IF, you ca get FT to accept the return and it goes through them, with a RMA, they`ll give you the address in Miami, but without a RMA # on it they will refuse it. SO you haveto have that RMA #. Cost is 3 bucks, so you can recoup some money on say a 6 dollar item.

If you go through pay-pal, FT has not made PP aware of the Miami address, and Pay-pal will force you to ship it to china, as it is the address on file with Pay-pal. Cost is 13 dollars! This I find kinda of scandalous on FT part.

My last problem with them, last month, was a cap for Tsunami 24. It did`nt fit my base. I pressed FT because of there "satisfaction" guarantee, if it dont fit, how can I be satisfied? They absolutely refused to take ownership of the problem, they told me to "sell it to a local shop" (Might be common in china, but not here in the states). I filed with pay-pal. Pay-pal wanted me to send it back to China. Not worth it. They way they treated me was akin to deplorable, which I have found is their fall back when they simply are not going to do anything about the problem.

"Thank you for your email.
After we confirmed with the warehouse. The item sku 5346001 is correct.
But if you still want to return to, the shipment cost may be more expensive than the price of product.
If you want to send it back, please refer to our Money Back Guarantee as follow:
You may return undamaged items to us postmarked within 45 calendar days of delivery. If the return is not a result of our error, customers will be required to cover shipping cost both ways. Please make sure the item is returned in the original condition, with the original packaging and accessories.
We recommend that you sold this item to local business.
Thank you for your serious consideration."

View attachment 599363

Guess Im done with fastech. If I want a clone I rather pay a few bucks more and maybe have less hassles.

But believe me, this is not only "a clone thing" many modders have equally horrible customer service. THey usually blame it on "user" and they get all their fan boys to tell you " what YOU are doing wrong "

Its hard to decide on devices. Thats why I hesitate to buy other than a couple Modders gear without fear.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I've always been dissapointed with the industry-wide lack of warranty support. Many vendors only offer 30 days, the best ones maybe 90 days. Other chinese distributors are hard to reach or unresponsive. Manufacturers were worse. They all tend to treat vape products as disposable.

I'm sad to hear FT has backed off their policy and I've heard others complain too.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Well, I got the thing unstuck. I had to use a wrench and some pliers and it finally budged. I know part of it is my bad hands so others with normal hands might have been able to

I did scuff it up, but heck it works. I found one of the oring broken, tried to replace it, but that one broke.

I used something close but it seeps a bit.

I updated my ticket and asked if they could send some orings.... I know, Im pushing it, doubt I will get some, oh well..

Do they sell oring sets? HA...

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I had a warranty issue with a Movkin Disguiser and as you know they are in China. After a couple of emails they asked for a video and that was the all it took to received a replacement. They never asked me to send the old one back and it was only a cosmetic issue that had nothing to do with performance or functionality.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
I had a warranty issue with a Movkin Disguiser and as you know they are in China. After a couple of emails they asked for a video and that was the all it took to received a replacement. They never asked me to send the old one back and it was only a cosmetic issue that had nothing to do with performance or functionality.
Yeah they are pretty great with that sort of stuff, when making a ticket I always add some pictures, last time it was a broken bell cap, took picture and 2 days later another was on its way via same shipping method free of charge..

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I ordered from them over a year ago. At the time they were shipping faster than FT. Prices were equal and had similar warranty as described on page.

At the time many thought is was better than FT , mostly due to the faster shipping.

Now I hear the opposite. Many find FT faster, more reliable and better customer service than 3F.

I suppose like we see here, most are happy, most have no complaints, seems it depends on the rep that catches your ticket.

Reactions: smokin95

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I've used 3f mainly for aspire with paypal. I was impressed. My pkg was stateside in 4 days, then got hung up in customs. They have a thread and respond on another forum or on FB. My pet peeve about other chinese sites is the lack of cs so I ck that. That was probably a yr ago. Products were genuine.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Has anyone dealt with 3fvape before?

I know unrelated to this thread but didn't want to start a new one just to ask. They seem a bit like fasttech but only offer china post shipping vs fasttechs dozens of options.

Couldn't find a many mentions of them at all on these forums

I have been using 3F for most of my purchase`s lately, maybe 3 out of the last 4 mods/rda`s were from 3F. They get the package to the shipper much quicker then FT, takes maybe 2-3 days and its trackable. With FT, it can be a solid week before I can see the shipper has it. Runs about a week faster to my door too. They are about 10% higher, but their free shipping break is offered at a lower price of 15, so I try to make 15 dollar purchase`s and all as been fine. Iv had two problems with items, and both times they took care of it without breaking a sweat or asking silly redundant questions. They are my GO TO at this point, bedsides ebay.

BOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread