hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It's been awful quiet around here lately. I've been using the same three mixes for some time now and am starting to get bored with them. I tried a mix with salted caramel, cap peanut butter, cake batter, and Bavarian cream. I evidently used way to much peanut butter and caramel and it about choked me at first. After it steeped for a week or two then it was bearable but really sweet. Last night I did a mix with pancake, wild blueberry, and cake batter. I'm going to let it steep for at least a few days. I noticed before when I did a single flavor mix with the pancake that it seemed better after steeping.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    The I-go L was is and always shall be my testing atty.

I got 3 of the little Igo-L from FT for taste testing new recipes. I got them for $2.81 each in my 1st order I ever placed from FT. Sure beat the heck out of the $5-7 price each from US vendors.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I let my pancake mix steep and I thought it was pretty good after about a week the blueberry came out nice. I'm not sure it's finished but here's the recipe so far.

10% TFA pancake
    4% TFA wild blueberry
    3% cap cake batter

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    I found out by mistake a few weeks back,that ry4 double at 12.5% stand alone is actually a pretty good flavor on it's own.I was making a fresh bottle of the Tribecca clone i've been vaping for months,and i got sidetracked while making it.I added the ry4d,vg,pg,and nic,and forgot the other flavors,so it was quite a surprise when i started vaping on that bottle haha,but it actually tastes pretty good,so that will go into my adv rotation now too.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Gotta love those "happy accidents".
    Yeah,definitely worked out good.When i first tried it,i was like wth happened,this doesn't taste right,so i changed my wicks thinking maybe they were dirty,but then it still tasted the same,but it was pretty good,so i kept vaping it,it took me about 3 days to realize why it tasted different haha.I was just glad i didn't have to dump 120ml bottle which almost happened because i thought maybe something had went bad in it.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    I found out by mistake a few weeks back,that ry4 double at 12.5% stand alone is actually a pretty good flavor on it's own.I was making a fresh bottle of the Tribecca clone i've been vaping for months,and i got sidetracked while making it.I added the ry4d,vg,pg,and nic,and forgot the other flavors,so it was quite a surprise when i started vaping on that bottle haha,but it actually tastes pretty good,so that will go into my adv rotation now too.
    RY4 single flavor, or with a little vanilla bourbon added, is my 0mg vape I keep on hand for a night time vape if I dont want any more nic.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Hi @ames001
    Trying to get our discussion into the more appropriate thread (instead of the TFA recipes thread).

Regarding your request for a Black Currant/Champagne trial: Did you have some sort of profile you had in mind? Were you looking for more of a champagne with a hint of black currant, or more of a black currant that has a little sparkle/fizz, or something else? I am happy to play guinea pig but I am not sure what I am trying to aim for. Are you open to other ingredients along with the champagne and black currant (like creams, or sweeteners, or other fruits, or ???) or are you wanting to keep this a strict 2-flavor recipe?

Any guidance you can offer will help me give you more worthwhile (for you) results.

Note: For anybody else that may want to play: @ames001 was asking on the TFA recipes thread for some feedback on what a TFA Black Currant/TFA Champagne combination might taste like before she buys the concentrates herself.

I have both of these flavors in my inventory so I volunteered to try it out. I know everybody's palate is different, so if she has feedback from more than just me, she might get a better idea of what she might want to try. Or maybe one or more of you already have recipes based on these two flavors that you would be willing to share. Anyone... ?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Honeydew, strawberry, and peach with each at 4% tastes like Tribulation from agnostic brew to me.
    I have a melon flavor but not honeydew. Do you think I could sub melon for the honeydew? And is it just tfa strawberry or tfa strawberry ripe?
    And I
    think that tfa offers both a peach and a juicy peach, its not intuitative.

:)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Joel, I don't have either one of those flavors. What does black currant taste like?
    I will have to let you know!:lol::lol::lol: It is one of my flavors that I bought sme time ago and have never opened. That is one of the reasons I volunteered; it gives me an excuse (read "get off my lazy rear":facepalm:) to crack it open.

I have to make time for a mixing session this week and I have this (at least the initial trials) on my to-do list. I should be able to give you initial perceptions by next weekend.:D

...not sure...but thinking black licorice?
    I can't really find a description of the fruit beyond that it is a dark berry (looks like a blue berry) that is rather tart. It is used to make jams, jellies, syrups, candies, and liqueurs (creme de cassis). I am guessing that it will taste similar (?) to a forest fruit (black, blue, rasp, boysen... )berries.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread