Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hello there! I have no idea what thread I'm in--I was doing a search for info on the new Evic Primo Mini, and landed here. Sorry for the interruption. :lol: :facepalm:

But then I saw Amoret's post, and I just had to jump in...

Amoret, I suggest you look at one of my favorite mods, Wismec Presa 75W. It's a wonderful mod, lightweight, and no power button--or rather, the entire front panel is a power button. Just squeeze--anyplace, anyhow, anywhere, and the battery is activated. Took me a while to get used to it--my fingers kept looking for a button... :D

Presa TC 75W Mod by Wismec

I have no idea why this mod is not more popular. I've been using it for over a year with no problems whatsoever. BTW, Heaven Gifts is running a contest right now (10th Anniversary)--who knows, maybe you can win one? They do carry Presa. Good luck!

[Heaven Gifts 10th Anniversary] Win Your Wanted Vape Gear

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/75W-WISMEC-Presa-TC-Express-Kit.html

Good luck and best wishes. Nice to see you again!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The Evic Primo Mini is also a nice little mod, the big fire button makes it an easy target for squeeze to vape, nice and light. Single 18650.

Do you own one, David? I think I'm going to try to win one. ;)

Innokin iTaste thread? :blush: So sorry..................

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Possibly interesting:

X6 1100mAh VV Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Battery

Three pre-set voltage settings, various colors, some also available in 1300mAh. REALLY inexpensive. Safe? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm tempted to try one for the hell of it, but I don't have any eGo connection tanks left. I do miss using my old VV v3s. Such comfortable, trusty companions for so long, once upon a time.

• Agree
Reactions: Katdarling

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Preggers!! hahahaha! It's actually a perfect nickname! I have one (Presa 75W) too, and like it a lot. Also, it has an on-off switch! I don't know why more mods don't have this instead of only the 5-clicks off/on. The only other one I'm aware of is the Cool Fire IV.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Do you own one, David? I think I'm going to try to win one. ;)

Innokin iTaste thread? :blush: So sorry..................

Yes, there is one in my stable. Nice little mod - although the default settings for screen time-out are a bit long, and powering the screen for 5 minutes after vaping seems to run the battery down fairly quickly. Easy enough to shorten up :)

The slightly tear-drop shape makes it comfy to hold, and while new (only about a month or so), it's performing well.

(Again, have no clue about how well it works in TC since I don't. )

Not too shabby on that Preggers, Katyaya. I have a couple of them and also love 'em.

IIRC, you were a latecomer to the Presa ;)

Yes, I have two Presa 75s in daily use, for a couple of years. REALLY like them, very comfortable to hold, the so-called baby bump fits the curve of the hand quite well, in either orientation. But a bit hard to find these days, as all the makers, it seems, jumped on the mega-watt bandwagon. Also a Realeaux in daily use, similar squeeze to fire. Bigger and not curved, so not quite as comfy to hold, but still a good choice.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
IIRC, you were a latecomer to the Presa ;)

Yes, I have two Presa 75s in daily use, for a couple of years. REALLY like them, very comfortable to hold, the so-called baby bump fits the curve of the hand quite well, in either orientation. But a bit hard to find these days, as all the makers, it seems, jumped on the mega-watt bandwagon. Also a Realeaux in daily use, similar squeeze to fire. Bigger and not curved, so not quite as comfy to hold, but still a good choice.

You do RC. I was quite late in the game (well over 9 months!), but once bitten, had to have two of them. One of mine (sadly sniff sniff) is giving up the display. So soon it's heading to the ever growing pile of broken hearted mods, but I will get another one.

I also prefer the hand comfy feel to the Rolo, but still think the Rolo is a VERY decent mod for the price.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yes, there is one in my stable. Nice little mod - although the default settings for screen time-out are a bit long, and powering the screen for 5 minutes after vaping seems to run the battery down fairly quickly. Easy enough to shorten up :)

Yeah, I like the design, but I've seen complaints about battery life, overheating during charging, shoddy battery doors, sharp edges. I also looked at the Wismec P80 when it first came out--more complaints. Maybe because it was early and they havent't fixed all the bugs.
Yes, I have two Presa 75s in daily use, for a couple of years. REALLY like them, very comfortable to hold, the so-called baby bump fits the curve of the hand quite well, in either orientation. But a bit hard to find these days, as all the makers, it seems, jumped on the mega-watt bandwagon.

I have an Evic mini and a Presa 75 and they work great. I'm worried that the makers are forgetting quality and ease of use in their never-ending chase for more watts and silly extra features. Too bad. Luckily, I don't need any more mods for now, so I'll just watch from the sidelines.

Presa 75 is getting hard to find--it's being replaced by Presa 100. ;)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
One of mine (sadly sniff sniff) is giving up the display. So soon it's heading to the ever growing pile of broken hearted mods, but I will get another one.

So sorry to hear that. That's a bit too soon, isn't it? Mine's been going strong for over a year--knock on wood. But not in continuous use, of course. I don't seem to be able to kill any of my devices. Heck, I'm a proud owner of several V4L kr8 batteries, eGos, Spinners, 2 iTaste MVPs (no, no longer in use), and an iStick 20 (still in use) that just refuse to die. Recycling bin? What do you think? :facepalm:

Ironically, the only mod I had problems with was my ProVari mini 2.5. The spring in the extension cap wasn't installed correctly and was always coming loose and the mod wouldn't fire. I took it to a nearby shop that serviced ProVari, but they couldn't fix it. I had to buy a new extension cap. :lol:

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
IS soon, but there are no real rules on when a mod will give out. I've got my Cloupor that broke it's negative connection thingie, and my Hana One with a USB port that slides like a bad driver on black ice. So who knows.

Your Provi Mini - what about just changing out the spring? No?

• Agree
Reactions: Katya

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Yeah, I like the design, but I've seen complaints about battery life, overheating during charging, shoddy battery doors, sharp edges. I also looked at the Wismec P80 when it first came out--more complaints. Maybe because it was early and they haven't fixed all the bugs.

I have an Evic mini and a Presa 75 and they work great. I'm worried that the makers are forgetting quality and ease of use in their never-ending chase for more watts and silly extra features. Too bad. Luckily, I don't need any more mods for now, so I'll just watch from the sidelines.

Presa 75 is getting hard to find--it's being replaced by Presa 100. ;)

Yes, the Evic Primo Mini isn't the most efficient chip around, but I think part of that is the default of 5 minutes to kill the display. I switched mine to 1 minute, and it's a lot more thrifty - although still a little greedy. Not noticed any sharp edges, no problems with the battery door, although I'm barely a month use on it. And I never use the on-board charge on any of my mods. Just too easy to pop in a fresh one and charge the other when convenient.

Yeah, the Presa 100... Uh, don't have any batteries in the larger size, can't see using the sleeve to use a physically bigger device with the same 18650.... ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Your Provi Mini - what about just changing out the spring? No?

I tried, but it wouldn't last. My B&M folks tried to help, also. No matter what we did, it kept getting loose--losing contact. The new extension cap works fine. Go figure.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Aside from the squeezability of the RX75, the other thing I like is the door blocking the window and adjustment buttons. For a vaper like me who finds the setting I like and doesn't need to change it or look at the screen, it is truly a "set it and forget it" design. No way to inadvertently change settings and very stealthy.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Aside from the squeezability of the RX75, the other thing I like is the door blocking the window and adjustment buttons. For a vaper like me who finds the setting I like and doesn't need to change it or look at the screen, it is truly a "set it and forget it" design. No way to inadvertently change settings and very stealthy.

Definitely not for people with even the mildest cases of OCD. I just have to see what's going on with my vape. ;)

Reactions: DavidOck

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Preggers!! hahahaha! It's actually a perfect nickname! I have one (Presa 75W) too, and like it a lot. Also, it has an on-off switch! I don't know why more mods don't have this instead of only the 5-clicks off/on. The only other one I'm aware of is the Cool Fire IV.

Weeeeeeeeelp, I didn't red X you, (ha ha) but I do disagree. I've had several mods with lock switches, and out of those, only two did not work out well.

What did work? Most were well made little battery box mods (from the ol' daze vape gear), and the others, are my beloved and prized EPMs.

Sorrowfully, and you may have guessed it, the ones I would caution you to NOT use (in terms of the lock feature) are the Wismecs. Both the Rolo AND the Presa have poorly constructed locks and they themselves can get "locked" (stick and become unusable).

Sorry, tazzle. Bearer of bad news, me. :(

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Both the Rolo AND the Presa have poorly constructed locks and they themselves can get "locked" (stick and become unusable).

Don't own a Rolo, but Presa's lock switch is awful. I don't touch it at all. Totally sticky. The only other mod with a lock is my CoolFire--that one seems to be better. I think--I only used it once--to unlock when I first got it. :facepalm:

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Sorry, can't discuss this in the open forum - it's a private area.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread