Status
Not open for further replies.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
No, the Kick will not fit the P+18350. Right now we are trying to figure out if it will work in the P+18500 when using an AW 18350 IMR battery.

Ohhhhhhh....then maybe we DO need an itty-bitty tiny little Kick! Wonder if Evolv is watching. If they make one to fit ALL our great Precise mods, just THINK how many they can sell! :)

artyoh

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
Not on the current kick that i am aware of. It is my understanding that they are "kicking" around ideas for other variants of it though.

Thanks, David. I'd just been wondering what the options might be for other manufacturers, if they wanted to build something similar to the Darwin in capabilities, but with completely different aesthetics.

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
Well I knew this was coming so I picked up a P+18650, I think the best 18650 mod with the kick is going to be so great. But if they sell for 40 bucks each I hope they make 4,000 of them or they will always be sold out, as well as 18500 batteries. There are a lot of Silver Bullet and Bombshell and REO Grand owners out there, and this thing is going to be hot. Guess I need to order some more 18500's before there is a run on them.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
True, I probably should have thought twice about posting but I'm cranky today - had a little surgery. But then again, in what thread would I post my opinion?
Here, maybe I can fix it: Super-T makes PERFECT mods.
Oh I wasnt trying to call you out or anything, just explaining my point. I have posted my opinion in things that I dont have much interest in. No harm intended.

inquisitorj

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
Santa Rosa, CA
I seem to be out of step with most people. When I stumbled into the world of Super-T and discovered how beautifully simple a hard-hitting 3.7 volt device could make my life, I had found "it". I really don't have any desire to kick it. This is one promise I'm going to make to myself that I intend on keeping.
Does anybody have an idea what the approximate retail will be on a Kick?

There is still a reason for the kick in your situation. Consistency. Do you prefer your setup when the batt is fresh off the charger? Is it a little to much right off the charger and it is better after the batts have drained a bit? With the kick, you can set it to that sweet spot and get that vape through the entire charge of the batt. You do not have to set it to higher watts, it just has the ability to do that if you want.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
It's that consistency that's so impressive with my Darwin. If we can get that kind of consistency using a Kick with a mechanical Mod then I can't imagine anything better than that!

Which brings up another question. If you can use the Kick with the Plus 18500, then what is the advantage of using it with the 18650? Better hit or what....?

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
It's that consistency that's so impressive with my Darwin. If we can get that kind of consistency using a Kick with a mechanical Mod then I can't imagine anything better than that!

Which brings up another question. If you can use the Kick with the Plus 18500, then what is the advantage of using it with the 18650? Better hit or what....?

Longer battery life... !? Im guessing just that... But Im no expert...

Joanr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
Colorado Springs
No, the Kick will not fit the P+18350. Right now we are trying to figure out if it will work in the P+18500 when using an AW 18350 IMR battery.

I think I read somewhere, not on this thread, that evolv is going to sell the circuitry for the kick so it could be incorporated into the cap of a mod by the manufacturer. That could be one solution for the smaller +s.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

The larger battery definitely gives you a lot more vape time. If the IMR 18350 can supply the kicks power needs, it won't be for as near as long as the bigger batts.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Should be since the grand is alum and uses the body for the negative. The only issue I could see would be anodizing interfering with the connection. Not sure if the Grand is anodized in the batt compartment.

It would be anodized throughout if it is anodized, unless it was machined after anodizing. All you would need to do is sand away the anodizing to the bare metal to make contact in that area.

strprswpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2011
Bronx, NY
www.nymcdesign.com
It would be anodized throughout if it is anodized, unless it was machined after anodizing. All you would need to do is sand away the anodizing to the bare metal to make contact in that area.

Are there any coatings on the P+....inside or out?

strprswpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2011
Bronx, NY
www.nymcdesign.com
A few more specs for the kick:

Brandon said the max battery draw is around 4amps on the Kick. I did my AW IMR 18350 and 18490 load test at 6amps:) The Kick will also cut off when loaded voltage gets to 3.2 Volts.

Does that mean that using either battery will be OK???? I'm sorry....I guess I'm technically challenged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread