Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
I thought my Phidias was lost during the South African postal strike but it finally arrived today! Whoooo!

Phidias4_zps365dfa28.jpg

AllPepperS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Palm City, FL
Hi, I just bought this in the classies http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/sale-trade/650638-us-fs-new-mesquite-burl-phidias-bottom-feeder.html

I am starting this thread from the beginning so I can learn about these, but if anybody would like to throw some info out on it I would appreciate it. I need a topper, was sorta looking for a single coil BF till I get the lay of the land like an RM2. I have AW 18650s I think one is a 2000mah and the other may be a 2200mah. Is there a website that has maybe a some tips and tricks or is here the best place? This was just too beautiful to pass up and I can learn something new too. :)

Tracy

AllPepperS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Palm City, FL
Hi fono, I don't have this yet and I am still at work for 2 more days so can't really get Skype, or figure out what your phone number is. I'm old :laugh: I only get internet tethered from my phone. Search is my friend, but I will be in contact. I was just trying to get a top for this and see if someone knew what system it had on it and how new it a version it was. Apparently the RM2 does work, I was looking at the LP version. I also have a Kick2 and have seen some info that it is kickable. These are beautiful, you do fine work, I am looking forward to getting it and getting to know it. One will not be enough :ohmy:

Thank you!

AllPepperS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Palm City, FL
Hi Fono, she has arrived, the pictures didn't do her justice. Been doing as much reading as I can, all of this thread and about the last 1/3rd of the first thread. so many beautiful pieces! My RM2 should make the scene this week and I am looking at the Cyclone. I did fire her up with a K4 on top. No problem. There were a ton of great tips around the time Ocelot got the first one. I got an extra bottle, a magnet and some bottle tops I think they are. The fellow I bought it from said he had just gotten it so you might remember it, do you remember what the inlay wood is? He was actually waiting on something else that apparently showed up early and it went for funding that purchase. It's never been used, his loss my gain. She's ready to roll, massaged the bottle under some hot water, candle waxed the button some and am just waiting now....... I have a Kick2 with the prongs. Seems like it would just need a half sleeve behind it to work. Any advice here? Is there some different wiring in the kickable one?

Do you happen to have any more on hand or are we waiting on a next run? I am pretty sure I am going to want at least one more, perhaps in something lighter, but I figure that depends on what wood you have available. It's the perfect shape and it's very light. I can't feature it with a board in it. Happy Valentine's Day

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
this was a page back allpepper
Hey Pham,

I'm releasing a new Batch of Classic Phidias Bottom Feeders...

These all have 24mm Catch cups, sealed feed systems, and come with either Black or Stainless Power buttons..

155 Shipped, add 5 for the stainless button.

I invoice and print postage through Pay Pal..

So just email me for your Choice...

fonosmoak@gmail.com

Thanks !
fono

Jaguar G

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Just west of Cool, Texas
Hey Pham,

Anyone tried a bottom feed RDA with the Phidias? I believe you would have to lengthen the sealed feed tube to the bottom to have the juice fill the well instead of the invert and squeeze method, and since most RDA users use high percentage VG, is the plumbing large enough to accommodate thicker juice?

I am just now learning about RDAs, doing research and trying to figure it out. I am no novice when it comes to electronics so building and testing one isn't a problem, and a buddy of mine who I originally turned on to e-cigs is now using a RDA and I tried it and really liked it. I don't want to make clouds, but the hit I got with his RDA was epic. I would like to give it a go, but want to use it on the Phid, I'm stubborn like that - I have the best wooden box mod on the market, why get something else.

If nothing else, I may use a RDA on the Phid and just drip - but I am so used to bottom feeders it may take all the joy out of vaping.

Thoughts and feedback would be appreciated.

Jag :vapor:

AllPepperS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Palm City, FL
Um, Jaguar G, I seem to be the only one around at the moment, but I plan on using a rda, but I am a noob with RDA's. I just the last week found these and ordered a RM2 BF for mine. I have read a lot of the previous and this thread and seems a lot of people are using RDA's. I don't know which Phid you have but mine is a pretty recent one and it is a sealed bottom feed like the ones tybin reposted above.
I got the RM2 just because it was easy to get to get me started, but they are using a variety of BF RDA's. Cyclones, Vertex, Mephistos etc. Read back a bit. I'm thinking of getting another Phid and once I figure things out with the RM2 I will look into a couple more tops.

Tracy

AllPepperS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Palm City, FL
Hi Tybin, I can build them, I just haven't used BF rda's before and I have to see if I can get the hang of the Phid gravity system at the same time. Should be entertaining :laugh:I am waiting on a RM2 that may be here this week. I am hopeful I will get it together. Was seriously considering a 2nd Phid, but need to see if Burl and I will get along. I am in south FL and am hoping the Mesquite can take the humidity, I know it's tough. I found dripping to be a bit confining as I still work (with dogs) mow on a tractor etc. Dripping is a bit confined to home sitting at the desk for me which I don't do that much of. :p

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
The New Old West Pahrump Nevada
Hey Gang,

I'm Back been out in the desert doing the whole Hot spring Mud pack Zen tastic peace vibe thing...

You know I can extend the feed needle past the center pole, however, I don't think that is really necessary, and the feed tube could go to the bottom, but why? The fire feed is the bomb..

Any way I'm back, and you can call me--- 702 722-3529 I'm easy and we can sort out any and all issues..

Right on
It's Spring here already?? Amazing
Best
fono

PS> Bird's eye maple inlays on the Mesquite Burl from the classies...

Last edited:

AllPepperS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Palm City, FL
Oh, that sounds like fun and sounds like you enjoyed yourself! Great. I would love to live out that way, but my 94yo Mother is still here and doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I will get a hold of you if I have a problem, no news is good news. I just have to be patient till I get the rest of the stuff to get up and running and get the routine down. If there are issues, they will be pilot issues. Thanks for the info on the inlay, now I know. While I do appreciate the woods and the workmanship I don't know the woods. I did look at your Photobucket too.

Have a great day everybody

Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread