Not open for further replies.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
You don't have to plonk a vmod. :D

OK, now that's what I'm talkin' about! :)

Can you please tell me/us how it works, and why we should all run out and buy one? Give me a good pitch, and I'll be all over it like free Boba's :)

Edit: Shoot, where are my manners? If there's anyone reading this who doesn't know what "plonking" is, it's squeezing the bottle with a finger (through the cut-out in the body of a bottom-feeder like the (present-day) Reo) to force juice up into the atomizer (hence, "bottom-feeder). The bottle has a little tube in it that goes to the bottom so that juice is forced out of the tube when you squeeze the bottle.

And I still think it would be wayyyy cool to have a tiny electric pump to make the feeding very precise and high-tech. I will wager a full $.05 American that such a feature will exist within the next five years. Who wants a piece of that action? :)

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Hey John D--- There actually was a mod in the works that did that---but unfortunately it never really made it to market. (The EQ).

Notcigs VVPV has a feed system you might like to see......which has a bit of that type of feature....not automatic like the EQ, but in that direction.

With the vmod one can let gravity do the work. It takes no effort to tilt and tap the bottle to feed the juice chamber. A dry pull or two and it's off to vapeland. Or, just relax in an easy chair and just vape. No need to fill until the 9 mil bottle is empty. Try that with a squanker. :p Designed in California for vapers and made in China to keep it economically priced.

Uses any standard sized 510 (not the fat ones). Cartos and atties -- 306, hh357, 510's and the Vapage Hybrid BF Atty with new Slant Coil Specs are all popular with vmodians. (I :wub: the recently re-designed atty.) All mechanical mod. The XL uses 18650 battery. Some like to do a simple modding for use with the Kick and 18490 battery. On/off button.

Great pocket mod. Never leaks.

How's that?

Last edited:

MaxPerilous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Edgewood, NM
It sounds good, I would love to try out a bottom feeder but really require vv or vw for my style of vaping. The only thing i don't like about the kick is you ahve to adjust it with a screwdriver and there is no display. Call me spoiled idc.

BF, vv or vw, 18650 required (dont like that i have to use a smaller battery with a kick) any suggestions??

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
TeaRose - thanks for the info on the VVPV; I watched GeekGirlVaper's review, and it's interesting, for sure. That's exactly the kind of mechanical pump deal I was talking about. I'll try to find out about the EQ - I'm guessing it had an electric pump; I hope so, cuz I've got five cents on the line. :ohmy:

Max - About the trainwrecks, please bear in mind that was the old me; I'm much better now - down to maybe just one or two a week, and not nearly as massive. :)

About your "dream" bottom feeder; according to the Reo website, it looks as if the Reo Grand VV is available now. Maybe just pull the trigger on that bad boy? While the Grand takes a single 18650, the Grand VV uses 2 x 18350 batteries, so it'll have slightly less battery power, but still pretty good. (It would seem at first that it might have a little more, or about the same, since (2 x 35mm) > 65 mm, but AFAIK the maximum mah for an 18350 is 700, and 18650's come 2,000+, but my VMax uses 2 x 18350's and I have no issue with the battery life. (As I've said, my main issue with the VMax is that I hardly use it any more since the Twist came out).

OK, that's it, gotto go - trains don't crash themselves y'know. :)

http://www.reosmods.com/

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Delightfully funny, John D in CT... you have quite the sense of humour and wit.

I just had to jump in tho and tell you that the term is "Squonking". I understand the desire to have that done electronically, but in all truth, there is nothing to it with a Reo, and by far less with a VMOD. (tilt and feed)

+1 on Twists and Carto Tanks/Novas/Crystals/Stardusts/(insert your own name for the topper here). I use them and like them a LOT, and truly think they are the device of choice for newbs.

Now I really must dash off and go lock up my train set...

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Kat - LOL at locking up your train set, but I'm really quite harmless ... and the full-sized trains are SOOOO much more fun anyway .... :)

Hey, thanks for the heads-up on "squonking" - I had an uneasy feeling about "plonking", but I just couldn't quite put my finger on it; a problem that someone might have while squonking in the dark, I imagine. (And isn't that a Springsteen tune - "Squonking in the Dark"?)

(See, this is how all those trains got wrecked ... I'll stop myself before I cause any more mayhem). :)

Oh ......... >>>>> ON TOPIC <<<<<

Does anyone know anyone who actually owns a VV Reo Grand? I really do want one. Thanks!

Last edited:

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
I'm sad.

I just watched this review of the VV Reo Grand, and it doesn't sound as if the first "at bat" is the home run that I was hoping for.

VV Reo Grand Review (Variable Voltage) - YouTube

The "lowlights" - funky button, funky voltage wheel, jostling batteries, and a possibly funky 510 connection. Grrr. He loved the VV Woodville, and the actual performance of the VV Grand was great, but his bottom line is that he wouldn't buy the VV Grand again knowing what he knows now.

He could be all wet, so please don't shoot the messenger (or the piano player). I'm just reporting on what I saw from someone who seems totally legit. From everything else I've ever heard or read, I love Reo's, and will just have to bide my time until these (IMO) bugs get worked out of the VV Grand. The wait will just make the eventual "squonking" just that much sweeter. :)

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
The way he slams batteries around bothers me.

The connection wouldn't have crushed in if he hadn't used the adapter improperly.

Reosmods offers a cap for the button to make it larger & easier to push, I do believe.

Don't know what the deal is with his adjustment wheel. It's the exact same regulator he has in the Woodvil.

I am surprised about the batteries shifting around inside.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
As I often do, I'm going to plead near-complete ignorance. :)

Here's a much more favorable review, from someone who finds the VV Grand "brilliant, magnificient, and wonderful":

Reo Grand Variable Voltage Bottomfeeder - YouTube

I'm off now to look for a tie-breaker. :)

OK - this guy LOVES the button, and thinks it's a "wonderful mod":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rHzqUC7iE&feature=related

Looks like it's back on my "Gotta Try" list.

Wishing I had watched all three before I posted anything ......... but live and learn.

Last edited:

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Funny how impressed he was about the negative terminal having no wires. Neither does the Provari. The body serves as the ground.

My major gripe with the Grand is the door. It slips, rattles, falls out. I really wish they'd do something different with it. Only a fanboy would defend the door design. ;)

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Funny how impressed he was about the negative terminal having no wires. Neither does the Provari. The body serves as the ground.

My major gripe with the Grand is the door. It slips, rattles, falls out. I really wish they'd do something different with it. Only a fanboy would defend the door design. ;)

High five for the honest view of the door; that was good. :) I've been slammed a little for "fanboism" about the Joyetech Twist, but I just call them like I see them, and readily admit that the battery life on the 650 is crap (solution - get three of them) and the 1000 will put an eye out if you're not careful. :)

I often say that "I don't say (X) about (Y) because I own one; I own (Y) because I can honestly say (X)". Readily admitting that "Z" sucks on "Y" is where the honesty comes in.

Now a semi-on-topic question: the main reason I'm interested in bottom-feeders is FLAVOR. With a great atty, what kind of flavor improvement will I notice over most other setups - like a carto in a tank, or a stock Vivi Nova? Scale of 1-10, or whatever .... and what's the "attachment of choice" with the Reo's? HH357, or other good atty? Something else? Thanks.

MaxPerilous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Edgewood, NM
Hey guys check this http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...7449-ignis-mods-handmade-wooden-box-mods.html out if you haven't seen it. Amber is a sweetheart and her work and price point look pretty darn good so far. DNA, Bottom Feed, inlays etc etc for $185 shipped!! Thats a steal. I'm getting one for sures. Also excited to say I've officially ordered a VMOD XL and will soon enough be taking the plunge into bottom feeders.

Last edited:

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Cartos suck IMO. Period.

Vivi Novas are a big step up from carto tanks for flavor.

Atomizers...the way to go for me.

The HH357 is a great atty, & should be for the price.

The AMG BF Hybrid Slant Coil Atty from Vapage is the best atomizer I've used under $10. It's right there with the HH for less than half the price.

MaxPerilous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Edgewood, NM
That atty isnt the one tht comes with the VMOD is it AG?? If not I'm going to have to buy one I haven't found anything to top the HH. 357. For a carto, the 801 Fusions I got from Avid Vaper have come the closest. But shades away from HH 357. They are better than the other atties I've tried which isn't all THAT many.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Max - Thanks for the link. Those are some beautiful mods, and it's great to see someone doing what they love and doing well; 72 pages is a lot of interest. Those are some very talented and hard-working people.

AG - GREAT info, exactly what I was looking for - thanks! I'm liking the Vivi Nova fine in its bone-stock configuration, so I'm looking forward to tweaking it as outlined in huge detail in this 34-page thread on its "care and feeding":

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ystems/295410-vivi-nova-rebuild-tutorial.html

Evidently it can be improved on quite a bit; can't wait to try a tweaked Nova vs. a BF w/ great atty vs. Odysseus vs. Bulli atomizer vs. .........

Man, I love vaping. Pity the smokin' fool who refuses to even try it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread