Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Cool,

Your W2V/TFA FrankenRY4 sounds delicious. I have some of both mixed up at 3mg---the TFA RY4 Double has some added Acetyl Pyrizine for body (which dramatically improves it, in my opinion). I'll try combining them in a Derringer dripping rda and let you know what I think.

Reactions: Metal Storm

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
OK, I tried the 1:1 mix of TFA RY4 Double and W2V RY4 dripped into a Derringer rda.

It was fine, but not thrilling. I wondered what it might be like to mix W2V RY4, with its lovely bass notes, with a brighter RY4, so I tried a 1:1 mix of W2V RY4 with AzureVaping RY4.5. I liked that better. The spiciness of the AV RY4.5 was toned down, but the W2V RY4 tasted better with more treble notes.

I'm going through my drawer of DIY RY4s and remixing them at lower nic. I'd already done this once about a year and half ago, moving down to 12mg nic, and now I'm cutting that down to 3mg. Given that I've become a higher-wattage direct lung vaper, 3mg is the most nic I can comfortably handle now. I pour off all but 1/4 of each bottle, add additional RY4 all-in-one flavoring of each type to get the amount of flavoring back up to the right percentage, then fill the bottle with VG. (I've also moved toward higher VG percentages---20PG/80VG now typically, rather than the 50/50 I vaped for a long time.) Voilà! My many DIY RY4s are now 3mg and vapable again.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Yes, Bill. I also have a W2V RY4 / AV RY4.5 mix.

If I recall correctly, you posted about that Frankenblend awhile back. That's probably why I thought of it. Next I'll have to try some W2V RY4 mixed with a true Classic RY4, like Janty Elixir or Dekang DK4.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
If I recall correctly, you posted about that Frankenblend awhile back. That's probably why I thought of it. Next I'll have to try some W2V RY4 mixed with a true Classic RY4, like Janty Elixir or Dekang DK4.

I wonder how W2V RY4 might do with either Hangsen RY4 or FlavourArt RY4.

Reactions: Metal Storm

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
Mr Vape is running a sale right now.

Mr. Vape & CloudWalkerz E-liquid Sale
Mr. Vape is holding a sale online
and in store running September 14th until September 18th.
Buy 2 bottles of Mr. Vape or CloudWalkerz E-Liquid of the same size and get a third bottle of that size for free.

For Online Customers, when completing your Online Order, in the comment section of your purchase leave a message telling us which bottle you would like as your free bottle of E-Liquid.

Also this week Mr. Vape's Watermelon Flavor is on sale for Juice Of The Week and is 25% off until September 20th so if you are a fan of Watermelon take advantage of these great sales.

Ry4 - Mr Vape Inc.

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
Glad I revisited this thread as I have not been on here for quite some time. I have been wondering what the heck has been going on with my Chinese RY4 as this is the only flavor I have vaped for over 6 years. Never occurred to me that DK4 and RY4 was a different formula. I always vaped the China stuff as it was the first and I never could find anything else that I could stick to. The past few years I thought my taste for my Ruyan was changing as I went exploring for others and optional flavors. Still can't vape anything else. May be if I keep vaping this DK4 I will finally give it up as I thought about it a lot recently as the flavor sometime doesn't sit right with me. I will be keeping a closer eye here...... If China would only hack the flavor instead of PC's we would be in business. I WANT MY ORIGINAL RY4 BACK!!!

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Glad I revisited this thread as I have not been on here for quite some time. I have been wondering what the heck has been going on with my Chinese RY4 as this is the only flavor I have vaped for over 6 years. Never occurred to me that DK4 and RY4 was a different formula. I always vaped the China stuff as it was the first and I never could find anything else that I could stick to. The past few years I thought my taste for my Ruyan was changing as I went exploring for others and optional flavors. Still can't vape anything else. May be if I keep vaping this DK4 I will finally give it up as I thought about it a lot recently as the flavor sometime doesn't sit right with me. I will be keeping a closer eye here...... If China would only hack the flavor instead of PC's we would be in business. I WANT MY ORIGINAL RY4 BACK!!!
You might try Smokeless Image's Volt. It has a good price, often 20% off, and is a pure Chinese recipe.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
From Backwoods Brew newsletter:

"After several years we finally have a suitable replacement for our RY4. Please welcome BW4 to our lineup. While it cannot replace our original ry4 blend, we feel it does it justice."

Many newcomers to the forum may not know that BWB RY4 was one of the most sought after RY4s out there. It was available only occasionally and limited to one bottle per customer. Unfortunately, so many people try to circumvent the limit by creating multiple accounts. The owners decided to discontinue the product because it was creating such an uproar.

I am looking forward to trying this new product.

BW4
Quote from sedge in the best gourmet thread. Anyone tried it yet?

Reactions: Cool_Breeze

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Quote from sedge in the best gourmet thread. Anyone tried it yet?
Probably was only listed yesterday when the newsletter went out, at least that's when I got it. I'm sure it'll sell quite briskly to start off, looking forward to it, been a long wait. BWB RY4 was my fav liquid, hopefully it's at least somewhat close to the original. I'm sure it'll be good.

Reactions: clnire

On Target

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
East TN
In the RY4 world, the longed-for reappearance of BWB RY4 (or a substitute, which BW4 is likely to be) is right up there with debate over the "original" RY4 (which was Janty RY4, by the way).
I placed an order yesterday, 30ml of 0mg nic and 30ml of 6mg nic. I am there with Bill, high wattage = low nicotine - cannot stand anything much higher than 3mg nowadays. Hope all on the Big RY4 Roundup Thread are well, It's probably been a year or more since I visited here. I really am looking forward to trying BW4 as their original RY4 was my favorite when I first started vaping over 4 years ago. I received a shipment confirmation e-mail a couple hours ago and should have it in a couple of days.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Hi On Target,

Nice to "see" you!

The thread's slowed down over the past year, in part because I decided that 175 RY4 reviews was about my limit. LOL. We had a good, long run here, but even without my seasonal maintenance/updating/reposting of The Big RY4 Lists, the thread chugs along, just at a more relaxed pace.

When you get your BW4 and have had a chance to dance with it for awhile, please post your reactions here. I'm sure many, many people---including me---want to know how close it is to the long-departed BWB RY4, and---even if it's not similar---how good it is. I'll keep my fingers crossed...

On Target

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
East TN
Hi On Target,

Nice to "see" you!

The thread's slowed down over the past year, in part because I decided that 175 RY4 reviews was about my limit. LOL. We had a good, long run here, but even without my seasonal maintenance/updating/reposting of The Big RY4 Lists, the thread chugs along, just at a more relaxed pace.

When you get your BW4 and have had a chance to dance with it for awhile, please post your reactions here. I'm sure many, many people---including me---want to know how close it is to the long-departed BWB RY4, and---even if it's not similar---how good it is. I'll keep my fingers crossed...
I most definitely will post my reactions! I still have maybe 2 or 3 ml's left of the original BWB RY4 but it is in 18 mg nic. However, it should suffice in a side-by-side comparison.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I most definitely will post my reactions! I still have maybe 2 or 3 ml's left of the original BWB RY4 but it is in 18 mg nic. However, it should suffice in a side-by-side comparison.

Me too! Except that I have 12mls of 18mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread