Status
Not open for further replies.

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
G2 Vapor's CaRnY4
CaRnY4 is a tobacco heavy, nutty ry4. The caramel and vanilla are subdued, but they are there. The nutty tobacco is what jumps out, giving it a dry flavor.

I think many people will like this ry4 more than I do. It is clean and its flavors meld together. It is a custom ry4 and has a strong flavor. It would make for a good cig alternative.

I would say tobacco-heavy, not sweet and rate it a solid B. I will finish the bottle because it is good, but I prefer a sweeter ry4. Those who like a dry vape would like this very much.

I got the bottle from Breazy.com. They have a wide variety of vendors and flavors (about 50 vendors). Prices are good.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Nice, dude.

I took advantage of VapeRite's 50% off July 4th sale to order new bottles of VR's three retail RY4s---VR4 (the organic NET version), RY4 (a synthetic tobacco-based custom RY4), and Double RY4 (VR's regular RY4 with double flavor).

VR4 was one of my early faves. My first two bottles were unbelievably great. Subsequent bottles were less stellar, though. I want to see how all three of VapeRite's offerings compare to today's retail RY4s.

Also, I may not continue to update The Big RY4 List. EFC's new site software makes it impossible for me to keep the lists current offline and then post them easily. The recent update had to be completely reformatted, and though I did so this once, I am unwilling to spend the many hours required to do that in the future. So, I am retiring the Big List, at least tentatively.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
New favorite RY4, Flavourart at 4%...better than TFA's DRY4, similar just richer and with more of a tobacco taste.

I don't find those two DIY RY4 all-in-one flavorings to be similar. TFA RY4 Double has a custom (i.e., "modern") RY4 flavor profile. It seems to be the most popular RY4 flavoring in the DIY realm. FlavourArt RY4 is much closer to a classic (i.e., Chinese) RY4. Mixed at around 10%, I find that RY4 Double is improved significantly with the addition of about 1% acetyl pyrazine. FA RY4 is great mixed all by itself at 4-8%.

funkfist

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2009
Mt baker RY4 tastes like old school joye 555. I bought a manual joyetech 510 when they started getting more popular than the 901. Came with some 555 carts, it was the first thing I ever vaped and I've been trying to find it again over the years. I am so ****ing happy even though its not even a close RY4

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Mt baker RY4 tastes like old school joye 555. I bought a manual joyetech 510 when they started getting more popular than the 901. Came with some 555 carts, it was the first thing I ever vaped and I've been trying to find it again over the years. I am so ****ing happy even though its not even a close RY4

Oh my. An RY4 that tastes like a 555. Something is rotten with Denmark with that.

If you're enjoying the 555-ness of it, however, it's a win for you.

funkfist

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2009
That particular 555 had a very sweet taste to it. It's a good liquid, I don't have enough experience with ry4 to say if it is or isn't. With so many modern ry4s its hard to say. It could very well be their particular tobacco flavor that they use or they have a higher ratio of tobacco in their mix. With everything said I wouldn't expect a traditional ry4 from mt baker.

Reactions: Metal Storm

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
That particular 555 had a very sweet taste to it. It's a good liquid, I don't have enough experience with ry4 to say if it is or isn't. With so many modern ry4s its hard to say. It could very well be their particular tobacco flavor that they use or they have a higher ratio of tobacco in their mix. With everything said I wouldn't expect a traditional ry4 from mt baker.
Mt Baker's RY4 is not an ry4. Like you say, it is like a 555. I think they use a "dessert ship" tobacco base and add the nutty blend.

RY4s have caramel and vanilla. Mt Baker's RY4 has neither. A good, cheap, nutty tobacco vape, but not an RY4.

Reactions: Metal Storm

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
Just got some Pirate RY4 from fasttech and wow, I just cannot vape it. Something about the tobacco flavor really turns me off. I've had juices with a really similar flavor, so I am assuming it's a certain tobacco flavoring that doesn't work for me.

Still haven't found an RY4 that tops SI Volt, Butterfly's, and Mr. Vape.

Last edited:
Reactions: clnire

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Just got some Pirate RY4 from fasttech and wow, I just cannot vape it. Something about the tobacco flavor really turns me off. I've had juices with a really similar flavor, so I am assuming it's a certainly tobacco flavoring that doesn't work for me.

Yeah, Pirate RY4 is obviously not for everyone. It's about as eccentric as a Classic Chinese RY4 can get and still be a Classic. But that's how it goes in the Wacky World o' Juices.

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Just got some Pirate RY4 from fasttech and wow, I just cannot vape it. Something about the tobacco flavor really turns me off. I've had juices with a really similar flavor, so I am assuming it's a certain tobacco flavoring that doesn't work for me.

Since Volt, Butterfly's, and Mr. Vape's top my list, I guess I will pass on the Pirate. Most of the true Chinese juices have an "off" taste that I don't like. It's strange that I don't taste it in SI's Volt.

Reactions: clnire

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
I just read this...
Vintage E-Liquids is another lesser-known mixer that’s picked up some positive attention on Juice DB, particularly for their RY4-style tobacco option the Legend. With unique, Zippo-lighter-style packaging, the juice is definitely eye-catching, and has been praised for it’s rich, authentic and pleasantly-sweetened tobacco flavor, as well as the subtle vanilla backing it up. It’s also smooth, eschewing the smoky, musty components you find with many tobacco juices. The only downside is that it costs almost $1/ml, which is still a pretty steep price even if it was the best RY4 e-juice you could find.

Have we taken this to the chopping block yet? I have to know what the BEST RY4 you can find is really like.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
passer,

You are the Don Quixote of RY4, tilting at windmills. (I am the Sancho Panza of RY4.) Or perhaps Monty Python and the Holy Grail would be a more apt reference. Hmmm. I get to be Arthur, of course, so which knight would you be?

Anyway, if Legend costs $1/ml, in my book it gets disqualified from even being in consideration for Best Retail RY4 Ever on the basis of outrageous price alone.

passerbyeus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2009
Kentucky
Ok I will glad to take one for the team since Bill has taken about 700 for us....:thumbs:

Ok order is in ...it was 13.95 with free shipping .93/mil, I guess if the juice is bad I still will have that cool little lighter it comes in, not sure if would be worth 13.95 though :blink:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
That Zippo-shaped bottle is definitely cool. If passer judges the juice as a superb RY4, I may even relent and add it to The Big List. Oh wait, there may not even be a List anymore. (I almost forgot that I'm retiring from my duties and becoming just another poster…)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread