Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Does anyone remember the DeLorean car...don't remember what it was called...yup, that one was a real winner:D

Sure do. In fact, there's a guy not far from me who has one. Last time I saw it, it was in kinda rough shape.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
If I notice they're back in stock I'll let you know. Vice versa por favor? :)

^Be wary of SlothPacts...

I have a new Pinch I want an O-16 for. Right now, I have a Nuppin on it, which is very good; but another O-16 would be nice. My other Pinch has an O-16, and this one needs one too.:D

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Sure do. In fact, there's a guy not far from me who has one. Last time I saw it, it was in kinda rough shape.

Is he Doc Brown?

docbrown.jpg

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
They weren't really very good cars. Cool looking, sort of. But they were a sheep in wolf's clothing. They weren't quick at all, although they looked like they should be. The V-6 engine (Renault I think) was underpowered. Bodywork was difficult, because of matching the brushed stainless steel finish.

Reactions: Kenna

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Does anyone remember the DeLorean car...don't remember what it was called...yup, that one was a real winner:D
Funny enough it was just called the DeLorean... I guess you could say the model # was DMC12 and there were almost 9K of them made. The company has changed hands and is located in Texas now with a schedule of 50-300 DMCNEW's to be made in the next couple years. Retail starts @ $100K with the new model...

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
They weren't really very good cars. Cool looking, sort of. But they were a sheep in wolf's clothing. They weren't quick at all, although they looked like they should be. The V-6 engine (Renault I think) was underpowered. Bodywork was difficult, because of matching the brushed stainless steel finish.
And parts wrre hard to get. They had to come from the UK. She said the water pump (fuel pump?) kept going out. Her Dad got it for her for graduation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Funny enough it was just called the DeLorean... I guess you could say the model # was DMC12 and there were almost 9K of them made. The company has changed hands and is located in Texas now with a schedule of 50-300 DMCNEW's to be made in the next couple years. Retail starts @ $100K with the new model...

My understanding is that the Texas company isn't directly affiliated with the original DMC company. They bought up all the remaining parts when DMC closed. They are assembling cars with a combination of original parts and aftermarket improvements.

Reactions: Kenna

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
I spent 10 hours at the Federal building in Detroit back in 82' being interviewed for jury duty for DeLorean's conspiracy to obtain and distribute 55 pounds of coke. I didn't get picked and it was a circus and a complete waste of time. All I remember was I had deadlines at work and was pacing the floors waiting to be interviewed and get the heck out of there. He was found not guilty but he was. Trying to save his failing company. His cars bring a fair sum at auction in excellent condition. It needed twin turbos badly.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Now I'm considering a Hadaly for the new Woody...hmm

eta nevermind, it's sold out too :D

Yeah, saw that the Hadaly was sold out too. But, if you can get one, if and when they are restocked, you won't be disappointed. It's a great atty.
Psyclone is supposedly coming out with another new atty very soon. I don't know much about it yet. Currently, they are selling the Kryren, which is a 24mm dual coil type atty. probably not something you or I would be interested in. But they seem to be popular with the high power, multiple battery folks.

Edit: On the Psyclone site, there are a bunch of distributors and resellers listed. You may find one in stock somewhere.

Last edited:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
i never got into cars because i was riding performance motorbikes for years before i ever passed a car test. i only took the car test at all because a company i was working for at the time paid for it.

To be honest i'm a worse car driver than bike rider and i don't much like driving. i run a used 2007 Kia Optima that has 81 000 miles on it - i do about 4000 miles a year at most.

Too hot in Texas for a motorbike.

T

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
My favorite car is our Chevy HHR. What do I like so much about it? It's been paid for since 2011. It's a 2008 with 57K miles on it. :)

My 2009 that had around a 100,000 miles on it got totaled last fall, some teenage girl pulled out in front of me 3 blocks from my home. It was not in perfect shape, but I got 6 grand for it from insurance. I now have a 2011 HHR, it will most likely be my last one sense they are not made any more.

My old one.

My new to me one. :)

KAS

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Yeah, saw that the Hadaly was sold out too. But, if you can get one, if and when they are restocked, you won't be disappointed. It's a great atty.
Psyclone is supposedly coming out with another new atty very soon. I don't know much about it yet. Currently, they are selling the Kryren, which is a 24mm dual coil type atty. probably not something you or I would be interested in. But they seem to be popular with the high power, multiple battery folks.

Edit: On the Psyclone site, there are a bunch of distributors and resellers listed. You may find one in stock somewhere.
I really want another O-16, was just thinking Hadaly since it's similar but no O-16s were in stock. All the resellers I saw were out of stock for the Hadaly too. I'll probably spring for whichever is in stock first. In the meantime if the new woody comes first, I'll just ditch my P67 until a new atty arrives :D

I need to get over my phobia of taking woodies outdoors. Nothing would be greater than hiking with a woodvil. But, with only one woodvil, gifted by Chrissy, I don't want to risk damage to it. I'll probably designate the new woody as my outdoor wood.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I really want another O-16, was just thinking Hadaly since it's similar but no O-16s were in stock. All the resellers I saw were out of stock for the Hadaly too. I'll probably spring for whichever is in stock first. In the meantime if the new woody comes first, I'll just ditch my P67 until a new atty arrives :D

I need to get over my phobia of taking woodies outdoors. Nothing would be greater than hiking with a woodvil. But, with only one woodvil, gifted by Chrissy, I don't want to risk damage to it. I'll probably designate the new woody as my outdoor wood.

I have a thing about taking my woods outdoors too, except once in a while on short, errand hopping, car trips. When I'm on the golf course, it's always a metal REO.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
^ Wow ! Interesting tune-up there. I always like watching people experiment with their REO, but I have no desire to do so. "Trust Rob" all the way.

Good Morning Reonauts. Easing into second cup, thinking more yard work today. Either I am getting older, or the yard is starting early this year. Or both.

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
My understanding is that the Texas company isn't directly affiliated with the original DMC company. They bought up all the remaining parts when DMC closed. They are assembling cars with a combination of original parts and aftermarket improvements.
Back in 2007 they bought the rights to DMC and the cars were rebuilds with about 80% old original parts, but the newer 2017 models are to be brand new production models...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread