Not open for further replies.

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
Dear Jag,

I'm so sorry that you feel the need to close the thread. Only you know what you are willing to put up with and no apologies are necessary from you. I understand it has been tremendous effort on your part to keep this thread a place where everyone should feel comfortable to come.

For the most part this thread has been a place of harmony and friendliness, with those having a different agenda moving on or being asked to leave.

I've learned a lot from you and the thoughtful links you have provided over the last two years and I thank you for that. More than that, I thank you for your friendship and the opportunity to forge new relationships with others on ecf.

I know where to find you, Your Majesty.

I love you, my friend.

venus-love-sun-middle-east.jpeg

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Hello Beachcombers,

First, apologies for my outburst last night. While I maintain neutrality on most topics, I am not above all opinions, even some strong ones. The fact that I can no longer remain silent shows I should no longer be hosting.

I once said I would let you know if I'm closing the thread. Well...I am closing the thread later today. I've always said, this is but one thread on one forum in the digital world. I am the same person with and without it.

Thank you all for making this thread such a fun place for nearly two years. You are the reason this thread has lasted this long. You have enriched my life and I remain your friend.

If you would still like to gather as a group, one of you can open another thread and play host. I wish you happiness and success. You know where to find me and I will see you in another place, another time.

:wub:s & :)s
Jag

Hello JaG and Friends,

I offered to continue the beach a long time ago, and I'll keep my word on that. JaG, My Friend, I apologize if I was the cause of your decision to close this thread. But since you have decided to, I've opened another one.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/wellness-wrecked-bonkers/482192-lounging-beach-part-5-a.html

I hope you are not offended that I kept the same name, and I truly hope that you will continue to grace us with your presence. Your Wit, Charm, and Humor would be sorely missed. There is no way that I can replace you, JaG, and I have no intention to try. I just wanted to keep the beach alive, and offer you and our friends their refuge.

I was surprised to see you post this notice so quickly, so I didn't have much time to prepare... no time for discussions on how to do it right, so I was rushed.

I'm saddened to see this happen, but the concept of the Beach was important enough to me to try to maintain it. This is my only motivation. I too wish you all the happiness and success you seek. And please continue to visit with us, assuming that everyone comes to the new thread after this one has been closed.

I hope you will still consider me as a Friend, because I still consider you as My Friend.

Terry,

Politics and Religion will still be asked that it not be posted. I apologize for talking about it, and will suggest that it be discussed elsewhere. So Terry, please come, if you will.

Last edited:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Hello JaG and Friends,

I offered to continue the beach a long time ago, and I'll keep my word on that. JaG, My Friend, I apologize if I was the cause of your decision to close this thread. But since you have decided to, I've opened another one.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/wellness-wrecked-bonkers/482192-lounging-beach-part-5-a.html

I hope you are not offended that I kept the same name, and I truly hope that you will continue to grace us with your presence. Your Wit, Charm, and Humor would be sorely missed. There is no way that I can replace you, JaG, and I have no intention to try. I just wanted to keep the beach alive, and offer you and our friends their refuge.

I was surprised to see you post this notice so quickly, so I didn't have much time to prepare... no time for discussions on how to do it right, so I was rushed.

I'm saddened to see this happen, but the concept of the Beach was importance enough to me to try to maintain it. This is my only motivation. I too wish you all the happiness and success you seek. And please continue to visit with us, assuming that everyone comes to the new thread after this one has been closed.

I hope you will still consider me as a Friend, because I still consider you as My Friend.

Terry,

Politics and Religion will still be asked that it not be posted. I apologize for talking about it, and will suggest that it be discussed elsewhere. So Terry, please come, if you will.

You couldn't even wait for this thread to die before starting a new thread. :facepalm: Unbelievable. No, I will not be joining YOUR thread.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
You couldn't even wait for this thread to die before starting a new thread. :facepalm: Unbelievable. No, I will not be joining YOUR thread.

I only posted a link because it was encouraged by the only person I was able to talk with about it, and because the link is not in the Lounge.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood

Terry some of us knew of this decision before jag posted.

This was not meant as an insult but so everyone would know there was a place to go.
It was decided to name the new thread the Beach in honor of jag.

With any hopes he will come see us there. I hope to see you there. This is a sad moment for all of us. I hope it doesn't get any sadder.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011

This was not meant as an insult but so everyone would know there was a place to go.

With any hopes he will come see us there. I hope to see you there. This is a sad moment for all of us. I hope it doesn't get any sadder.

So are you saying that some of you knew Jag was going to close the thread before he posted that he was?

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011

agreed...........

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
So are you saying that some of you knew Jag was going to close the thread before he posted that he was?

Yes, Terry. That's the only reason I did it.

Can we still be friends, please? Everyone is Welcome, and there's no reason for you to lose the place you feel that you fit in. Most of your chat is with the ladies, anyway, so it's not like you'd be following Me. I don't want or need Followers. I only want the Beach to survive.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood

Yes and I've have been crying all day over this but it is his choice.

I posted this in the new thread. Jag just wanted to make sure you saw it.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I have so dreaded the day that you step down. This moment has tears running down my cheeks!!

Know this: I love and respect you.

I know you've been tired of playing host so I'm also happy for you.
th

I do hope you come and post with us so we don't lose a dear friend.
th

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I only posted a link because it was encouraged by the only person I was able to talk with about it, and because the link is not in the Lounge.

If jag ever decided to come back he can reopen this thread and only his will be in the lounge.

Right now it's just getting through this day and on this thread.

I hate to think any of us are going to drop out because of this. Jag wouldn't even want this to happen.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
If jag ever decided to come back he can reopen this thread and only his will be in the lounge.

Right now it's just getting through this day and on this thread.

I hate to think any of us are going to drop out because of this. Jag wouldn't even want this to happen.

Thanks JJ but I have personal reasons for not wanting to be a part of that thread. Today will probably be the last time I see most of you because you don't post where I do. :cry:

Reddhott

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
cartoon land,usa
nooooooooooo!!!!!! u cant leave!!!!!!! I may not be here all the time but i read every day!!! BABY DONT GO!!!!!:wub: i WILL MISS U TOO MUCH!!!:( i will be soo sad......

charlize_theron.jpg

Hello Beachcombers,

First, apologies for my outburst last night. While I maintain neutrality on most topics, I am not above all opinions, even some strong ones. The fact that I can no longer remain silent shows I should no longer be hosting.

I once said I would let you know if I'm closing the thread. Well...I am closing the thread later today. I've always said, this is but one thread on one forum in the digital world. I am the same person with and without it.

Thank you all for making this thread such a fun place for nearly two years. You are the reason this thread has lasted this long. You have enriched my life and I remain your friend.

If you would still like to gather as a group, one of you can open another thread and play host. I wish you happiness and success. You know where to find me and I will see you in another place, another time.

:wub:s & :)s
Jag

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
Thank you for your kind thoughts. :) I told jj my decision on FB just before I composed my good bye post...because she wrote me there.

Nice job, jj and VG. That's efficiency. You can call the new thread whatever you want, run it however you want and go wherever you want.

As I said, you know where to find me.

Lisa66

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Florida
JaG.....what can I say? It's been a blast and you've put a lot of effort into this thread for a very long time. It is much appreciated. I completely respect your decision although I, too, am sad about it. You're a special person and I think that's a big part of what makes (present tense??) this thread special.

Thanks JJ but I have personal reasons for not wanting to be a part of that thread. Today will probably be the last time I see most of you because you don't post where I do. :cry:

Not true..........you know I managed to catch up with you various times between our presence in the Women's Room and this thread! Don't go!!!! *grabs at her ankles* ..........only half joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread