Status
Not open for further replies.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Did a thang. Dug out my REO and made some adjustments.
Slightly spring loaded. Had to trim the spring and the insulator a bit. Less travel. Still the flush mount is nice.

FDA BOC
Why wouldn't you have used the Reo contact that Corey makes for this? I would think it would work without the spring loaded part of the equation... Mine worked exceptionally well in my Reos. I do like the flat top on the Reo, but would prefer it without the 22/24mm washer on top... Not a clean look to it at all!! JMO though!!

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Ontario...not sure what shipping is, but it might be worth checking...

@Rayonati Sloth - this is a good vendor. They're basically the vapinart up here. Also, remember the exchange rate before gagging at the price.

If I were in the market for another O-16, this would be where I'd go.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I would think it'd get to the Sloth a little quicker than from Vapin' Art too...

Hit or miss. It would get to me on the far coast faster than to sloth, but international sometimes goes into the postal bermuda triangle.

The reciprocal is also true - when I get things from pdib, who lives 2 hours south of me, but across the border, it can take 10 days.

Fastest would be for him to drive up and buy it. Hmmm... @Rayonati Sloth, aren't you heading up north soon for your concert?

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Hit or miss. It would get to me on the far coast faster than to sloth, but international sometimes goes into the postal bermuda triangle.

The reciprocal is also true - when I get things from pdib, who lives 2 hours south of me, but across the border, it can take 10 days.

Fastest would be for him to drive up and buy it. Hmmm... @Rayonati Sloth, aren't you heading up north soon for your concert?
Yeah. Depending on where it is in ON i could do it :)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
But, with only one woodvil, gifted by Chrissy, I don't want to risk damage to it.

Ah yes, and we are wenge brothers :toast:

wengewoody.jpg

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Why wouldn't you have used the Reo contact that Corey makes for this? I would think it would work without the spring loaded part of the equation... Mine worked exceptionally well in my Reos. I do like the flat top on the Reo, but would prefer it without the 22/24mm washer on top... Not a clean look to it at all!! JMO though!!

Always Muzic. :) I don't really use my REO much now. I have the positive contact from Corey and might look into purchasing the negative. I might get rid of this and as so I'd prefer the spring for possibly an inexperienced user. Have REO friends who have collapsed many a spring. They just don't get it.

The "spring loaded" is in the 510. Little bit of travel and adjustable if need be.

It is a much cleaner look than half a catch-cup that isn't necessary, left over from a different time in vape. With an Atty on you pretty much don't even notice. Just grabbed stuff and threw it on/in the finished product. Positive pin smoothed.
20170225_123712-1.jpg

20170225_123742-1.jpg

20170225_123808-1.jpg

FDA BOC

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Wow, that looks like quite the rat rod - whole lot more goin' on there than just this mod.

Love to see more pics of the whole thing and some deets on what all you've done.
Pap I used a jig saw to cut the the catch cup off. Easier than I thought it would be.

Sanded smooth the 510 area

Then drilled and tapped for a Varitube 510 connector.

Trimmed the 510 negative threads and insulator as well as thinned out the lip at the base of the insulator. Trimmed and stretched the internal spring allowing for the reduced length and more compression. Less travel though. Adjustable if need be.

Swapped the insert brace screw for 3mm and insulated it. Drilled and tapped the hole. Much more force with CC positive contact especially with that bend.

Smoothed the positive pin tip and that was it.

Performing very well. Might keep it.

FDA BOC

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Does anyone remember the DeLorean car...don't remember what it was called...yup, that one was a real winner:D
I never had a opportunity to drive any of DeLorean's cars, but I did spend a lot of time playing with his Thiokols. It was mountaineering in the seat of luxury.
Thiokol 2.3 png.jpg

Thiocal 1.2.2.jpg

Last edited:

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Good Morning Reovillians!

Been getting caught up here on previous posts. Thank you @Train2 for the suggestions on the 30Q batteries. I bought a couple along with my standard AW's for my annual battery purchase. Yep, they do have a longer life and the pink/purple looks smashing in my purple door SL P-67. I'm not much of an accessory queen but matching is fun

With all the talk and instructions about the Reo SS bottles, I'm motivated to give them another try. I had purchased a few along w a P-67 in their first debut, a year or so back. They were a bit tricky and I was having so much fun with my new toy that I decided to set them aside for another day....oops, then I forgot about em. Hahaha!

@Debadoo thsts so fun that you are digging the O-16!! It is definitely my favorite but I know you were concerned that you could replace your big air Derringer. It is true testament that the O-16 is a versital atty! And @Rayonati Sloth, yes, you NEED another one.

Have a great day all! Dang, except for the snafu at the end of the Academy Awards, that was an amazing celebration of cinematography last night! (Even the snafu was handled with humility and grace IMHO).

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
I finally got my ski set up, just in time for a ridiculous wave of warm weather...haven't been able to use them yet :(
I'm kinda saddened with recent lack of boomer. Unless I missed pics somewhere :cry:

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread