Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
That IS a bad cap seal. For sure - that's what they do then...they "sploosh" but don't squonk.

You can try:
a) brute force twist
b) Empty it, heat the cap on the bottle with a lighter, cool down, try again
c) Get a tiny flat washer-disk that fits up inside the cap
d) Replace with ModMaker bottles - which are better (still not perfect, but better).
e) Try replacing with one of these new alternatives - I have the first one ordered, but not here yet...

includes these
7762301-3-thumb.jpg

and these
7911800-1-thumb.jpg

and these
SS_Squonk_Bottle-190x243.jpg

For those using the italian bottles, how the flying hell do you do it? My hatred for them is sky high right now. I am trying to use one and the thing barely squonks, it just makes a squishing sound and does very little squonking. I have resealed the cap a hundred times. No improvement.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
For those using the italian bottles, how the flying hell do you do it? My hatred for them is sky high right now. I am trying to use one and the thing barely squonks, it just makes a squishing sound and does very little squonking. I have resealed the cap a hundred times. No improvement.

Hmm. I have had great luck with them. I have about 15 mods converted to them. Before the first use, I fill them about 3/4 full with hot tap water. Pinch the tube closed, and pump the bottle pretty hard several times. When the bottle stays partially collapsed, and doesn't return to full shape, the cap should be properly seated. Install it in the mod.
From then on, you shouldn't have any trouble. When I fill, I pull the tube. Fill the bottle, put the cap on, Pinch the tube, and pump the bottle a couple times. Reinstall. It should be good to go.
Installing the tube on the nipple in the mod is a bit of a chore, the first couple times. But after you've had it on and off a few times, it gets easier, because the tube will have expanded a bit.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Sloth, man how are you?

Did you do the pinch the tube while it is closed, then squeeze few times, to get the threads seal better on the cap?

I have 10 italian bottles, all seal great.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Hmm. I have had great luck with them. I have about 15 mods converted to them. Before the first use, I fill them about 3/4 full with hot tap water. Pinch the tube closed, and pump the bottle pretty hard several times. When the bottle stays partially collapsed, and doesn't return to full shape, the cap should be properly seated. Install it in the mod.
From then on, you shouldn't have any trouble. When I fill, I pull the tube. Fill the bottle, put the cap on, Pinch the tube, and pump the bottle a couple times. Reinstall. It should be good to go.
Installing the tube on the nipple in the mod is a bit of a chore, the first couple times. But after you've had it on and off a few times, it gets easier, because the tube will have expanded a bit.

Sorry i just say your reply :facepalm:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Sloth, man how are you?

Did you do the pinch the tube while it is closed, then squeeze few times, to get the threads seal better on the cap?

I have 10 italian bottles, all seal great.
Good aside from allergies :) how are you Aal? Feel like I haven't seen you around much lately.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
So I had my annual physical today - barring anything unexpected with the blood work, it would appear that I'm in the best condition I've been in for over a decade. Vaping, anyone?

We've moved and so this was with a new doctor. He's a British expat, but a bit older, so I was leery of what his attitude about vaping would be. Well, to my surprise, he was fairly knowledgeable about it and was aware of what his peers on his native soil thought of the practice.

Although he wasn't effusively endorsing it, he did ask me where I was getting supplies as he's had other patients ask him about it and he didn't have a clue how to help. Since we live in a small community, I offered to help and gave him my email address to give to interested patients. He said he'd have a bit of think as to whether or not his passing this info on would get him in Dutch with anything regulatory related but then added, with a conspiratorial wink, that at least having this posted on the notice board in his waiting room would seem warranted.

Felt like a good day.

Last edited:

SoftSell

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Saskatoon, SK
Folks, I've stumbled back into Reoville, and it appears like its a good time to do so with in stock P67s. I know if I dig far enough on ECF, or even YouTube, I'll find the answers I'm looking for, but I used to spend a bit of time around here when I first really got into vaping, and I'd like to ask here first:
How's the P67?
I've had 3 LP Grands, and I'm currently sitting at one, but it's a total rebuild at this point. I've acquired far too much gear (surprise, surprise) and plan to sell off the majority of things and purchase a P67. Pros, cons vs the LP grand? Worth the extra $40ish? Serviceability and/or maintenance? Being in Canada, I don't really like the idea of sending items back and forth to the spa. Anyway, thanks in advance! I'm glad to be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I love my P67...
The only folks I've heard that didn't like it, attributed that to the fact that the fire button is not where they like it! It's on the "edge" just like a Reo Woodvil button.
But I'm happy firing from the side or the top, so to me, that leaves 2 other differences, both in favor of the P67:
- The top is flat. This lets you use any bottom feed RDA you like, without "hanging over" the edge of the landing-block top that even an LP Grand has. And there are dozens and dozens of RDA's that now come or convert easily to bottom feed. So that's a huge benefit to me - I like to try out different atties.
- Also, the shape is REALLY nice - it's curved corners are just a pleasure to hold.

Still built like a tank, as we expect from a Reo.
And for little issues or maintenance - self-serviceable with parts available.

Up to you - nothing wrong with getting another Grand,,,but if you're OK with the side-fire, I think you'd love a P67.

Folks, I've stumbled back into Reoville, and it appears like its a good time to do so with in stock P67s. I know if I dig far enough on ECF, or even YouTube, I'll find the answers I'm looking for, but I used to spend a bit of time around here when I first really got into vaping, and I'd like to ask here first:
How's the P67?
I've had 3 LP Grands, and I'm currently sitting at one, but it's a total rebuild at this point. I've acquired far too much gear (surprise, surprise) and plan to sell off the majority of things and purchase a P67. Pros, cons vs the LP grand? Worth the extra $40ish? Serviceability and/or maintenance? Being in Canada, I don't really like the idea of sending items back and forth to the spa. Anyway, thanks in advance! I'm glad to be back.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
How's the P67?

Hey SoftSell, my fellow pluid vaping Canuck :toast:

The P67 is a good mod, period. All same nigh indestructible qualities of the grand plus it's just as easy to maintain, DIY or otherwise - a REO, through and through. It's not as compact as the grand (rounded sides, although note that grand doors fit it), but this affords, IMHO, a better feel in the hand.

The side button is a non-issue with very little use and, as Train points out, any and all atties sit well on it (obviously, the LP version of the RM2 is called for if that's your go-to atty).

Not sure if you got in on the adjustable 510's, but either the P67 or a new grand will have this very handy upgrade (as well as better spring and contacts than, say, the 3 year old models). The Italian soft bottles are another nice improvement (scan this thread a few posts back for tips on setting them up).

Some folks prefer the grand - maybe it's the look, maybe it's the button placement - while just as many prefer the P67. Personally, either is a great choice for an all day carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread