Status
Not open for further replies.

craigsdocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Northeast USA
www.craigsdocks.com
V2 software update: The much anticipated software for the V2 chip will be released shortly. I have been messing with it for a few days and its pretty cool. The chips are in production and not yet available for the modders but it'll be soon. They sport a new processor said to have 10x finer resolution meaning much better accuracy.
View attachment 512152 View attachment 512151 View attachment 512150 View attachment 512149

When you say sport a new processor with 10x finer resolution are you meaning the V2 chip in general or are you saying the modder chip is different in some way to what come's in the ML Class device?

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
When you say sport a new processor with 10x finer resolution are you meaning the V2 chip in general or are you saying the modder chip is different in some way to what come's in the ML Class device?
V2 in general... So the ML Class and the modders chip when available.

Reactions: AstroTurf

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Modders chip update for those wondering:

We have chips and the main difference is the display is moved about 0.5mm closer to the board. This presents a minor problem for those using certain tact buttons. In the case of the Renegade we are making a slightly shorter button to accomodate this change.

There's a slight change on the USB length but thats fine as it position on the board is unchanged....its just 0.5mm longer.

No Change with the thru holes for mounting.

If you are upgrading an RGX to a V2 board you either need to grind down the buttons you have or we'll provide them (when we get them in) free of charge with a board purchase. Unfortunately we will not have buttons for a couple weeks.

Specifically, the V2 sports a new 16 bit ADC resulting in 16x more resolution and therefore accuracy.

1st batch of production boards have arrived this morning and are shipping.

They can be had right HERE - SX350J V2

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Very cool, it's the form factor that is nice, the profile will fit into a much narrower device.

I know how to get a hold of you and I may want a couple. Searching the web it looks like there is a market but nobody carriers that series of chip.

And Roxy loves her Renegade X (me too), I think you'll see her again. She told me it's her favorite device.

Thanks for the quick reply and Happy New years brother.

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
What are the differences in the firmware between the ML-class and the V2 modder's board?

Do you foresee any issues upgrading an M-class to the V2 board?

Thanks Perry!

PS - For the 0.5mm difference in screen depth, why not put a clear or colored piece of mylar inbetween to make up the difference? With colored mylar, everyone could customize the look of their mods.

Jalcide

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2015
0.5mm is actually alot John. The issue is when you tighten down the board you depress the +/- buttons.

For the firmware there;s always a difference between mod and modders chip. Boot Logo mainly. And the software recognizes Mod vs chip and stops you

Stops, in which direction? You're saying it stops the modder's chip from updating via the ML firmware updater?

If so, how does one update the V2 modder's chip? Is there an update yet? If yes, where can it be downloaded?

So the difference is only the boot logo?

Just ordered a Renegade X kit with V2 chip and am getting up to speed. Hoping to learn it's not lacking anything compared to the SX Mini ML class (aside from charging).

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Stops, in which direction? You're saying it stops the modder's chip from updating via the ML firmware updater?

If so, how does one update the V2 modder's chip? Is there an update yet? If yes, where can it be downloaded?

So the difference is only the boot logo?

Just ordered a Renegade X kit with V2 chip and am getting up to speed. Hoping to learn it's not lacking anything compared to the SX Mini ML class (aside from charging).

The update software stops (prevents) you from going any further if you do not have to correct file for the chip vs the mod.

An update came out and was pulled because it was opened up to 200W :) yes I have video'd it putting out 200W. They pulled that update and will re-release it clamped back to 150W as the design sheet states. All chip updates come from yihiecigar.com on the downloads tab. Mod updates come from their other website yihisxmini.com. They are not the same files on the 2 sites.

Hope that helps

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
RGX-II-Promo_2.jpg
We please top announce the new Renegade X RGX II is now available at HERE at Varitube. Multiple options from Kit to Vape Ready and choices in between. Color choices will be another week but they are listed on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread