The YiHi SX350 35W Chip at Varitube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
hey guys I'm confused :) ...... In its current design state there is only 1 button for all adjustments. 5 clicks to turn it on, 5 clicks to get into menu and then gravity for adjust, button to move thru menu.

In a future software release...maybe a month it will open up the ability to add 2 more buttons...this will make the total of 3 buttons.....the main fire button and then 2 adjust up and down buttons. That is in the near future. For now its a single button.

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
there are more....don't do anything with them please but AFTER the software upgrade. Above the usb connections there are 3 small points....that is what they showed me....its not going to be a big lug...small pin outs on the edge of the board. Lets all just wait until they do it for us please.

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
and the SX350 improves on that vewdew! When you get into the menu you will find there are 5 presets named M1 thru M5. You jump to each preset by leaning it to the left. To set a preset you 1st select 1 of them...lets say M1 and its 5W.....lets say we want M1 to be 8W....lean it to the right and it switches to adjust mode and starts climbing.....when it gets to 8W stop, click the button, lean it to exit. M1 is now preset to 8W. Repeat that for each preset and now you have super fast adjustment to those points. Then from there to fine tune is much quicker as well.

A person might have M1=8, M2=15, M3=20, M4=25, M5=35. Makes it quick to adjust to those points and in between. I really like the single button but then again I always have in my mods. We all have personal preferences. At least YiHi is is going to provide flexibility as well. Can't say enough good things about these guys so far.

vewdew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
new bedford, MA, USA
and the SX350 improves on that vewdew! When you get into the menu you will find there are 5 presets named M1 thru M5. You jump to each preset by leaning it to the left. To set a preset you 1st select 1 of them...lets say M1 and its 5W.....lets say we want M1 to be 8W....lean it to the right and it switches to adjust mode and starts climbing.....when it gets to 8W stop, click the button, lean it to exit. M1 is now preset to 8W. Repeat that for each preset and now you have super fast adjustment to those points. Then from there to fine tune is much quicker as well.

A person might have M1=8, M2=15, M3=20, M4=25, M5=35. Makes it quick to adjust to those points and in between. I really like the single button but then again I always have in my mods. We all have personal preferences. At least YiHi is is going to provide flexibility as well. Can't say enough good things about these guys so far.

Got the chips in today just tested them really quick and they are working, Onedesign after looking at the chips I have to rethink your design "I don't mean you built the chip" But I guess you know what I am talking about. Gotta run work is calling me.

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
Looks like there is actually 4 pads possibly available for adjustment switches.

Screenshot-5_8_201412_56_43PM_zps41a39b08.png

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Looks like there is actually 4 pads possibly available for adjustment switches.

Screenshot-5_8_201412_56_43PM_zps41a39b08.png

Hey Baps thanks for coming by! They had sent me a pic....which I can't find ATM but will again :) ...and they circled 3 of them and specifically said 3...so either 1's common or we have to go someplace else. But thats the group you're pointing out.

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    In a future software release...maybe a month it will open up the ability to add 2 more buttons...this will make the total of 3 buttons.....the main fire button and then 2 adjust up and down buttons. That is in the near future. For now its a single button.

Sounds great, I also emailed Cari about this :) I hope they make it so that you can adjust the wattage right away with the +/- buttons so you don't even have to go into the menu. And allow for press and hold speedup or possibly an option to configure the step size between 0.5 watts and 0.1 watts. Upgradeable firmware is really great, would be even better if they made it open source!

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Note !!! ....we found a bug during Upgrade that only occurs on 64-bit Windows 8 machines. They will issue a fix to the install program soon but for now you can contact us and we can walk you through a manual file move to correct it.

If you are upgrading and get a Cannot Find File Error MSVCR110D is missing contact us offline. The work around is simple though should be unnecessary of course.

I have had no problem on a 32bit Windows 8 machine.

Yellow Hawk

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I DID on my wifes XP 32 bit Notebook. It kept looking for the files in the c:\usb-drv directory, while they were in the C:\Program Files\Yihiecigar\YiHi\Windows USB driver directory. AND, the upgrade file, It looked for in some other strange place, while the whole time, It was on the desktop. But, my wife keeps so much CRAP on the desktop, you could not have spotted a Wild ELk there.
    My UNIX machine, BTW, I ported the software over to, so If anybody is running sys. V Unix, ie: Solaris, etc., contact me for port. DOES NOT work natively on Linux, though it would be VERY easy to finish port to Linux. Both, are Sys. V administration. WIll NOT work on BSD since that is STILL sys 4.4 admin. AND, I CHECKED, since the upgrade is a freely distributed piece of software, for a Legally purchased piece of hardware, it is NOT considered "Reverse Engineering", to "Port" to another O/S, In order to have full capabilities of the device.

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Have had a few requests for instructions and a pointed review was left on the site regarding well ... this and that. My 1st thought is if you do not know how to attach the only 3 wires then I'm not sure you should be modding.....seriously. But to be fair it is nice to know for sure and nobody starts experienced....though I would expect some sort of background in electronics. Anyhoo.......

I added some basic instructions on the site describing the connections but also describing how to navigate the menu system.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread