Tired of the lies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
vaping regulations will be irrelevent to my safety. Before august 8 I'll have enough vape specific stuff for 10 years (which isn't much stuff or money BTW). If I complete the redundancy part of the stash and everything works better than anticipated I won't need anything for 20 years.

If there is going to be a vaper backlash it might not start until shops and e liquid companies start closing in serious numbers. I predict some strong reactions. Nicotine is apparently medicinal for people with certain psychiatric conditions. Do we want to be upsetting them? Then there are others who are infirm and housebound and vaping cheers them up and what happens when that's taken away?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
If there is going to be a vaper backlash it might not start until shops and e liquid companies start closing in serious numbers. I predict some strong reactions. Nicotine is apparently medicinal for people with certain psychiatric conditions. Do we want to be upsetting them? Then there are others who are infirm and housebound and vaping cheers them up and what happens when that's taken away?
I've been anticipating and trying to predict when the uproar will finally begin.
So far, I've been wrong, or maybe just hoping for too much.
:(

Reactions: bnrkwest

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
What's maddening is that while nicotine makes for an easy target, it seems to be the *least* harmful component of cigarettes. And, as pointed out, can even be beneficial.
But it is the most common component and pretty much only used in vaping and NRT as a consumer level product. So much more easy to control/tax/ban? Than the myriad of other vape products.

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
But it is the most common component and pretty much only used in vaping and NRT as a consumer level product. So much more easy to control/tax/ban? Than the myriad of other vape products.
Well, that's what I meant by "easy target". But that would make so much sense, wouldn't it? A tax on nicotine-content juice, while moderately painful, is all that would be needed to bring vaping in line with other products. Can't touch VG, PG or flavorings for their myriad other uses.

Just like how mods and attys can be used without nicotine, PG/VG/flavors only - the same way that other certain items are ostensibly intended to be used for tobacco only, but quite obviously almost never used for that purpose. The means of delivery should not even be in the equation.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Well, that's what I meant by "easy target". But that would make so much sense, wouldn't it? A tax on nicotine-content juice, while moderately painful, is all that would be needed to bring vaping in line with other products. Can't touch VG, PG or flavorings for their myriad other uses.

Problem is the atrocious way some states want to TAX. 66%, adjusting for comparison to a Pack of Cigarettes. 2ml=1pk
I can't see to many people paying $45+ for a single 30ml Bottle......unless it is a Triple Shot 36mg/ml, one can dilute to 90ml :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread